Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

Two Nigerian Romance Scammers Arrested In Bangkok, Thailand (Photos) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Nigerian Romance Scammers Arrested In Bangkok, Thailand (Photos) (30688 Views)

Reporting Romance Scammers In The Family / 36 Online Scammers Arrested In Atlantic City, Ikorodu, Sangotedo / 1,000 Chinese Scammers Arrested Inside A House In Malaysia (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Nigerian Romance Scammers Arrested In Bangkok, Thailand (Photos) by Nobody: 1:50pm On Feb 10, 2018
Good they are caught if found guilty
Re: Two Nigerian Romance Scammers Arrested In Bangkok, Thailand (Photos) by deafeyez: 1:50pm On Feb 10, 2018
If these guys write books about how to gain women confidence they would have gotten much legit cash like iLegend grin
Re: Two Nigerian Romance Scammers Arrested In Bangkok, Thailand (Photos) by Enemyofpeace: 1:51pm On Feb 10, 2018
They are boat ibos
Re: Two Nigerian Romance Scammers Arrested In Bangkok, Thailand (Photos) by j1mmy: 1:53pm On Feb 10, 2018
The person who posted this should be banned.

They keep passing off IGBO CRIMINALITY AS NIGERIAN.

CHANGE IT TO Two IGBO Romance Scammers Arrested In Bangkok, Thailand
Re: Two Nigerian Romance Scammers Arrested In Bangkok, Thailand (Photos) by afbstrategies: 1:58pm On Feb 10, 2018
BankeSmalls:
Let the government provide young people with jobs and enabling environment to earn money legally. The police and other security outfits keep frustrating businesses, leading young people to go and commit crime.

The provision of jobs and enabling environment won’t stop hardened criminals from stealing. I had non of both as a young man but I worked hard to get to where I am today. Anyone who steals is on his or her own and should be ready to bear the weight of the law. Do the crime, do the time!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Nigerian Romance Scammers Arrested In Bangkok, Thailand (Photos) by Empredboy(m): 1:59pm On Feb 10, 2018
pokipoki:

Dude, don't provide excuse for them by blaming the government. There are other ventures such as farming and food processing which can give them legitimate wealth. Rather, they choose to exploit the "weak" so as to make fast forex to buy cars that people will envy them.
It's a pity that the crime does not warrant death sentence!!!
did the youths tell you that they have land to start farming or finances to start business? how many youth have the opportunity to get loan to do business? tell us how we can start a business..
Re: Two Nigerian Romance Scammers Arrested In Bangkok, Thailand (Photos) by Empredboy(m): 2:04pm On Feb 10, 2018
Cromcruach91:

The truth is, Nigerians by their reliance on imported stuff, and by their refusal to allow government to deregulate fuel, power, etc, make it difficult for investors to pump in more money to develop the economy to the level that it could produce jobs.

We refuse to pay power bills...which means that our DISCOS and GENCOS have zero cash to improve things...and thus job losses.

Also, we refuse to be innovative. We won't take the risk and go industrial...we would rather sell imported stuff.

And usually...when we say govt should provide jobs...it is white collar jobs we mean. Well, countries don't get developed by producing more clerks.
which power bill are you talking about? are we the reason why the prepaid metal has not circulated? Are we the reason why the inflation rate is high or the exchange rate too? not forgetting the lending rate. tell me how can an investor come into the country with such high rates?

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerian Romance Scammers Arrested In Bangkok, Thailand (Photos) by kinibigdeal(m): 2:07pm On Feb 10, 2018
BankeSmalls:
Let the government provide young people with jobs and enabling environment to earn money legally. The police and other security outfits keep frustrating businesses, leading young people to go and commit crime.

That's not an excuse, the youth are selfish. Everyone want to belong
Re: Two Nigerian Romance Scammers Arrested In Bangkok, Thailand (Photos) by wanger50(m): 2:08pm On Feb 10, 2018
BankeSmalls:
Agreed that government can do more for our youths but parents and communities can also be helpful in terms of good moral upbringing. Have u ever asked yourself why nine out of every ten Nigerian fraudster caught is from a particular region of this country?bear in mind that part of the country is not the poorest.One who have the financial capacity to travel to far away Thailand cannot continue to blame his problems there on poverty back home
Re: Two Nigerian Romance Scammers Arrested In Bangkok, Thailand (Photos) by seguno2: 2:08pm On Feb 10, 2018
BankeSmalls:

I thought that Buhari and APC provided 700,000 immediate jobs when they got into power in 2015?
Have they not been providing 3,000,000 jobs every year?
What of the masquerade jobs from Lai Mohammed?
Are these not more than enough

2 Likes

Re: Two Nigerian Romance Scammers Arrested In Bangkok, Thailand (Photos) by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 10, 2018
Empredboy:
which power bill are you talking about? are we the reason why the prepaid metal has not circulated? Are we the reason why the inflation rate is high or the exchange rate too? not forgetting the lending rate. tell me how can an investor come into the country with such high rates?

1.Even with prepaid meters, people bypass them. And yes, I have seen it happen.

Plus, we don't pay enough for light in Nigeria. (And I will leave it at that.)

2.Investors are coming in, even with high inflation rates, and strange exchange rates. The ones that do well are those whom govt does not control their prices. That is why GSM, Shoprite, and even the beverages industries do well...zero price controls.

If we want investors to come into this country....we have to remove price controls. That is why our petroleum downstream sector is in a mess, because subsides....are preventing more investors from coming in since they cannot make the profits they want to make.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Nigerian Romance Scammers Arrested In Bangkok, Thailand (Photos) by Hotzone(m): 2:16pm On Feb 10, 2018
Imagine, Umu Igbo ana-egwu ndi ocha wayo!!!! Odikwa egwu!
Re: Two Nigerian Romance Scammers Arrested In Bangkok, Thailand (Photos) by MrBingo: 2:17pm On Feb 10, 2018
Meche33:
you need to go back to elementary class

Good sheck your Sef Bro. ..Nigeria is a fraud and ibo people always carrying drug in Asia. You don't have television?
Re: Two Nigerian Romance Scammers Arrested In Bangkok, Thailand (Photos) by TEYA: 2:21pm On Feb 10, 2018
BankeSmalls:
Are they the only unemployed people in the country or in Africa? They are simply criminals by nature that must not be defended. I pray the Thai law enforcement agents unleash the full wrath of the law on those riff raffs.

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerian Romance Scammers Arrested In Bangkok, Thailand (Photos) by vicardino(m): 2:24pm On Feb 10, 2018
U really need to leave Osogbo. Osogbo is speaking through you already
BankeSmalls:
Re: Two Nigerian Romance Scammers Arrested In Bangkok, Thailand (Photos) by ACE1010: 2:27pm On Feb 10, 2018
BankeSmalls:

These scammers are not interested in white collars jobs. Fraud is their first name!!

3 Likes

Re: Two Nigerian Romance Scammers Arrested In Bangkok, Thailand (Photos) by mrmadu099: 2:28pm On Feb 10, 2018
the best way to manage your account
Re: Two Nigerian Romance Scammers Arrested In Bangkok, Thailand (Photos) by Diamond23(f): 2:32pm On Feb 10, 2018
MrBingo:

Good sheck your Sef Bro. ..Nigeria is a fraud and ibo people always carrying drug in Asia. You don't have television?
[/color] BINGO angry, go back to elementary school angry[color=#770077]

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerian Romance Scammers Arrested In Bangkok, Thailand (Photos) by Nobody: 2:33pm On Feb 10, 2018
BankeSmalls:

I was in our office in computer village , a man walked in and said buy your garri, sugar and groundnut.

I was surprise, he was well dress with a good hair cut.

He was selling these things in a take away plate, and I begin to wonder the kind of courage he had to start selling garri, groundnut and sugar inside take away plate for #200.

He choose to sell that instead of involving himself in illegal business, scamming people of their hard earn money, he is also a Nigerian too.

3 Likes

Re: Two Nigerian Romance Scammers Arrested In Bangkok, Thailand (Photos) by buffalowings: 2:33pm On Feb 10, 2018
Cromcruach91:

The truth is, Nigerians by their reliance on imported stuff, and by their refusal to allow government to deregulate fuel, power, etc, make it difficult for investors to pump in more money to develop the economy to the level that it could produce jobs.

We refuse to pay power bills...which means that our DISCOS and GENCOS have zero cash to improve things...and thus job losses.

Also, we refuse to be innovative. We won't take the risk and go industrial...we would rather sell imported stuff.

And usually...when we say govt should provide jobs...it is white collar jobs we mean. Well, countries don't get developed by producing more clerks.

Guy people are paying. The problem stem from the collection points
Re: Two Nigerian Romance Scammers Arrested In Bangkok, Thailand (Photos) by Toneyo(m): 2:36pm On Feb 10, 2018
BankeSmalls:
Re: Two Nigerian Romance Scammers Arrested In Bangkok, Thailand (Photos) by olabisimichael: 2:42pm On Feb 10, 2018
BankeSmalls:

No amount of job provided will stop people from committing crime when it looks easy like selling drugs, Internet scam and rituals!

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerian Romance Scammers Arrested In Bangkok, Thailand (Photos) by Nobody: 2:46pm On Feb 10, 2018
I agree the government needs to provide young minds enabling environment to thrive, but my dear some people are just too lazy they want free money gotten from deception and fraud. I have a friend that is still in Ghana very big boy no doubt but do you know he was offered a job in a government agency with salary and allowances more than 250k a month, he rejected and says he can make that in two days doing yahoo. Now if he is caught will he still say there was no job for him and that's why he was pushed into crime?

Agreed some don't even have such opportunity that was presented to my friend...but these days the majority don't believe in humble beginnings again. Everybody wants to get to the finish line without running the race, without stumbling, getting back up and forging ahead.

And I'm not trying to be on my high horse sounding all morally upright and all. But i have been there and I know sooner or later you get paid back in your own coin. Even till now I get tempted to derail sometimes when every one around you is all about the money no matter how or where its coming from.

Keep working smart and may God make it easy on all of us.

BankeSmalls:

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two Nigerian Romance Scammers Arrested In Bangkok, Thailand (Photos) by chinwejanebae: 2:48pm On Feb 10, 2018
Chaii! Hustle gone wrong
Re: Two Nigerian Romance Scammers Arrested In Bangkok, Thailand (Photos) by symbianDON(m): 2:50pm On Feb 10, 2018
I wonder why their noses are covered??

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerian Romance Scammers Arrested In Bangkok, Thailand (Photos) by travelpoint: 2:52pm On Feb 10, 2018
metronaija4:
Two Nigerian "Romance Scammers" preying on gullible Thai women on Facebook were arrested in Bangkok, on Thursday.

Briefing reporters at the police station in the Khao San area of Bangkok, deputy tourist police bureau commissioner, Surachet Hakpal also known Big Joke in the Thai media - said the Nigerian nationals, Emeka Celestine Eze, 31, and 44-year-old Oliver Obiora, pretended to be someone else and conned a Khamphaeng Phet woman out of a million baht.

It was the usual story in such cases. After gaining the confidence and love of a woman they said they had sent gifts but money needed to be transferred to an account to secure their release from customs.

Other victims in the Kamphaeng Phet area are expected to come forward.

Emeka was nabbed with electronic evidence at the Regent Home Condo in Bang Na while his sidekick Oliver was taken down while attempting to flee the country at Don Meuang airport.

The money they obtained was laundered in the Pratunam area of Bangkok.

They were charged with computer fraud, false pretenses, illegal use of ATM cards and Oliver was on overstay too.

http://www.metronaija.ng/photos-two-nigerians-romance-scammers-arrested-bangkok-thailand/

You might be right but not 100%. Some of these guys have opportunities to do legal work but they won't because they want flashy cars. What do you want to say about Nigerians living in UK, USA, Canada and many other countries but still doing this scamming thing. In those countries they have jobs to do but they won't do it because they want to be rich overnight. We are in a society where the only thing that matter is MONEY

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerian Romance Scammers Arrested In Bangkok, Thailand (Photos) by Benekruku(m): 2:54pm On Feb 10, 2018
BankeSmalls:

And is that an excuse to go into crime? If every unemployed goes into crime, then I wonder what will be left of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Two Nigerian Romance Scammers Arrested In Bangkok, Thailand (Photos) by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 10, 2018
BankeSmalls:
You sound like you are into fraud too.. the prevailing unemployment in the country doesn't justify their illicit activities. You are a yahoo boy, and I assure you, you will be caught too

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unn Student Shot Dead By Unknown Gunmen (graphic Photos) / Man Found Dead Hanging On A Tree In Ebonyi (Disturbing Photos) / RRS Arrests Five "Awawa Boys" (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.