Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

Why Is All These Happening In Our Institution? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Is All These Happening In Our Institution? (615 Views)

See The Evil Happening In Uniport! / How Do I Check The Institution I Chosen I Jamb Registration / JAMB 2017 Change Of Course/institution Dilemma: A Nairalander's Perspective. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is All These Happening In Our Institution? by ADESOLA96(m): 4:55am On Feb 11, 2018
They will tell you 'if Education is Expensive, try Ignorance'. But in the real sense, what Students are going through in Nigerian Institution is alarming.

Okay, fine. We applied for JAMB, wrote WAEC passed beautifully but you would still be asked to 'bribe' your way in.

You gain admission only to discover that the school is a heck of problem.

Lecturers fix unreasonable lecture time.
Some asks you to come at weekends. Others will not attend to lectures.

While some are greatly concerned about selling handouts, others are busy extorting you with Practicals.

Some Universities, Polytechnics are beautiful outside but get in to see if they have what it takes to be called a 'school'.

It is appalling to head that of the huge tuition fee, some institutions doesn't have Toilets. Those that have are not usable or better say not well managed.

Students pay fees upon fees and still the lecture halls are always congested with heat hitting hard on the student. No ventilation to cool the situation, how does students reason well in such condition.

Students would be required to write Projects. Fine but would still pay for it. Supervisor would demand for this and that.

It is really pathetic to see all these happening in our Nigerian Institutions. We are up to the standard but the big question is 'Why are we operating like this?'.

The stress of going to school is not what every students pray for but still... Every year, millions of students apply for Admission.

Graduates are turned out every year with no place for Employment. Those who gets it are the 'Connected' ones.

You may ask graduates to develop themselves but where does the school play its role in Encouragement or is it just to seat in class and write notes.

Fine, you may suggest Entrepreneurial skills but do you know there are school that requires students to pay for ENTREPRENEUR STUDY but... Does not involve in any practical for the students to learn. All you see is notes, notes and notes.

I have always being for Youth Advocacy. Students deserves more than what they get in institutions.

If a student voice out on a particular issue that needs address: if he is not threaten with scores, he will be threaten not to graduate.

If he drags it too much, that is RUSTICATION. Why?

We Want the youths to speak up, step up and speak out but each time they try to speak, you shut them up. Why.

Every lecturer wants to be the Alpha and Omega of his/her course. That's okay.

Some lecturers would tell you to your face that 'no one can have A or B'. And that only the Brilliant gets C, others struggle for D and E.

In a course you know you can't score less than A, you will find yourself kneeling down to say Thank God for scoring D. Is that not detestable. You dare not challenge that of else F awaits you.

I think this is getting too much on our students, we need and deserve something more.

When you see the intelligent students, the lecturer sees him/her as an obstacle,like a threat. You know quite well that such student need mentorship to grow more. You know such students needs more Motivation.

I can continue on and on bug would serve no purpose if I don't make it known that Students clamour for Love in Education. The type you scold today and correct tomorrow and not victimize.

Students wants a voice. Those speaking needs to be listened to. Students deserve good welfarism in all our institutions.

Let's #EndStudentsVictimization and #EndStudentsExtortion.

Parents are paying through their sweats, finds it hard to live well all to get their child Educated and they expect the fruits of their Labour. Don't waste it.

Let our Education get better!!!

©ADESOLA IKULAJOLU

ADESOLA is a young passionate writer a d a promising young man in Journalism. He has featured in various Magazines both online, one of which is Parentingplus Magazine and in print. He is a correspondent to some of Nigeria's Leading National Newspapers, one of which is the widely read TheNation. He writes with Creativity and Originality.
ADESOLA is also a freelance writer and a Media Enthusiast.He is a contributing Author to some Nigeria Blog sites. He is a student of Communication.

Follow him on TW:@IkulajoluA

Re: Why Is All These Happening In Our Institution? by Israellionel: 5:41am On Feb 11, 2018
True Talk Bro, Hopefully This Reaches FP.

1 Like

Re: Why Is All These Happening In Our Institution? by purem(m): 5:59am On Feb 11, 2018
This is what makes me withdraw from a technical college years back

I mean how can I be going to school everyday without learning anything

I have to quit and learn the craft outside of school.

1 Like

Re: Why Is All These Happening In Our Institution? by ADESOLA96(m): 6:23am On Feb 11, 2018
purem:
This is what makes me withdraw from a technical college years back

I mean how can I be going to school everyday without learning anything

I have to quit and learn the craft outside of school.

You can imagine the pain and stress
Re: Why Is All These Happening In Our Institution? by ADESOLA96(m): 6:24am On Feb 11, 2018
It is very sad to see this in our Institution..
Re: Why Is All These Happening In Our Institution? by purem(m): 6:40am On Feb 11, 2018
ADESOLA96:

You can imagine the pain and stress

Talking about the pain and stress ehn twas a hell

Every year 3 students was a prefect, anywhere they saw you they want to behave like a king, they will torture you any how, all because they are your senior

If you late 1munite there is a length of grass you will cut, 5munites has it's own length too.

There was a day I cut grass from 9 till past 11.

Mind you this is the same school I wasn't learning anything o undecided

(1) (Reply)

Fishes Falling Frome The Sky / Medical Students Protest In UNIBEN / Lagos Sets To Open 5,000 'coding Centres' In Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.