Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,230 members, 7,811,640 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

See The Evil Happening In Uniport! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See The Evil Happening In Uniport! (47597 Views)

See The Evil Happening In Uniport! / Serial Female Ex-Convict Thief Caught In UNIPORT Hostel (Pics, Video) / Students In Harvard University Vs Those In Uniport And Unical (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Dripty: 12:07pm On Feb 09, 2023
In the department of Chemistry, there's this course we take as a faculty course: General Chemistry II (Chem131.2). An easy course, quite easy, but with a huge number of failures. People are intentionally being given carry-overs by these very wicked lecturers. We wrote this course on the 4th of February, normally it shouldn't take more than one hall to contain the students writing it, but it took the whole 5 halls, full to the brim because of the number of students being given carry-overs unjustly, with more and more students trooping in to write this paper, imagine where invigilators stay to invigilate, that's where students were being squeezed in to write this exam cause of lack of space, and this is just my department alone.

After writing the exams, these chemistry lecturers move around looking for students who want to pass the exams, and asking them to write down their names and pay money, while they fail the rest students, even people who should make a perfect result are given a straight F! Isn't this beyond wickedness?! Even the devil cannot be this wicked!

Students would pass very difficult courses, write their projects and defend successfully, but still have this course holding them back, and one can't graduate without it, that's what these lecturers use to hold people back. You have U2016s still writing this course in 2023! People that ought to have finished with their masters. This is not even the height of this evil, even students who pay money which is almost half of the school fees for the whole year, to pass, are still being failed so that they'll pay another money again. And for those having extra year, you're also paying another school fees while you still remain in school. I'm telling you guys even the devil cannot be this wicked! But unfortunately this is happening in a whole UniPort!!

70% of people who have dropped out in my department alone, dropped out because of this course, how long should this evil keep happening? Just because of the few lecturers who want to enrich themselves at the detriment of the students and the image of the University. These students who have dropped out, imagine the stories they have to tell to students in other schools?

My philosophy of life is, anything you keep quiet to, you encourage, you not only encourage but you're part of it, I cannot keep quiet to this evil anymore!

Students are being failed unjustly! Imagine going for practicals, writing the tests and exams acing everything, only to get an F. Doesn't this contradict the essence of going to school?

I believe sunlight is the best disinfectant, exposing this to the public will put a stop to this evil. If it doesn't, I will be back here!

Please move this to the promise land

145 Likes 15 Shares

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:14pm On Feb 09, 2023
Thats the black man for you. As satanic and wicked as the devil

161 Likes 7 Shares

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by jimmyolasun: 12:16pm On Feb 09, 2023
naa this kain story we dey always give our papa whenever we fail for school.. murasi olodo come dey put am for crime.. cheesy

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Duchessree(f): 12:18pm On Feb 09, 2023
No lecturer will go around asking year 1 student to write their names and pay them so as to pass Chen 131.1 guy.
Senior colleague can go around deceiving gullible year 1 students that they know the lecturers and they should give them money so they can talk to the lecturers and pass them.
Reasons for mass failure in year 1 can be as a result of missing script or maybe they did not set past questions i.e that brought new questions for student.

As long as you are in year 1 as a uniport student in sciences you dont need to sort any lecturers to pass your exams.

The same dept of chemistry your insulting here, i have never had any carry over in any of their course, the least i has was a C and that was because they set new set of questions( Dem no repeat past questions) 😢😢😢😢

Even when me and my coursemates had an issue with a course in our year 2, we went to meet them and they helped us sort it out. we no pay shishi

Now I'm not saying lecturers do not collect sorting though but they dont go around forcing student to sort especially year 1 students in sciences in uniport.

You guys will not read neither will you go for tutorials, then when you fail you will start blaming the lecturers.

My year 1 was the easiest year for me, no be small pet them pet us, that was until we enter year 2 , and they started showing us the demons 🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Year 1 questions that are mainly objectives and some subjectives .

Some lecturers do fail student they know personally though, but that is in higher level when they are taking only your dept.

But who know you for year 1, when about 3 faculty they learn for one small hall 🤣🤣🤣.

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Kaycee54321(m): 12:52pm On Feb 09, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Thats the black man for you. As satanic and wicked as the devil

I keep saying it...if the blacks were as advanced as the whites...and the whites were as backward as the blacks; The blacks would have enslaved the whites. Asin, full blown slavery with whippings & tortures. It won't even be hidden/covert.

There should be a genetic explanation...but the whites who would do this experiment, won't want to be offensive with the results; so they're just overt with their discrimination by their stringent visa rules for some selected countries & individual sieving of applicants...

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by sharpwriter(m): 1:12pm On Feb 09, 2023
Kaycee54321:

I keep saying it...if the blacks were as advanced as the whites...and the whites were as backward as the blacks; The blacks would have enslaved the whites. Asin, full blown slavery with whippings & tortures. It won't even be hidden/covert.

There should be a genetic explanation...but the whites who would do this experiment, won't want to be offensive with the results; so they're just overt with their discrimination by their stringent visa rules for some selected countries & individual sieving of applicants...
Are you Yoruba?

1 Like

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Noble4life(m): 1:13pm On Feb 09, 2023
My brother, do a video mentioning the names of the lecturers and put on Facebook and Tik tok. I was a victim in OAU some years ago. Stewpid lecturers 🙄🙄

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by gozzlin: 1:26pm On Feb 09, 2023
I expect nothing good outta Rivers State where everybody there is a cultist and involved in one crime or the other. The lecturers are all cultists.

15 Likes

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Kaycee54321(m): 2:40pm On Feb 09, 2023
sharpwriter:

Are you Yoruba?

Would be happy to know why you ask...

3 Likes

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by 9182736455O1999(m): 3:40pm On Feb 09, 2023
I also took this course this past saturday o shocked. God should help me.
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Rosaline5000: 3:50pm On Feb 09, 2023
This shit is everywhere, there was one course then that fails student anyhow, funny it was Physics and the same physical science course.
You will see people that have supposed to have graduated writing the exams.
One of my friend carried the exam for 4 years fortunately she was in a six years department but the course was taking space until a guy approached her, the guy was one of those students that follows lecturer, he told her if she paid 10k then she could pass the course.
That was how my friend paid 10k, wrote her name and Mat No and she got a "B" in the course.

She regretted in not paying early and wasting her time for years, the guy even told her the prizes for chemistry and Maths, he told her if you have enough money no need to read and stress yourself, just pay and pass

4 Likes

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Brian47(m): 3:58pm On Feb 09, 2023
Una no dey write CBT exams? 😮
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by T0BY(m): 4:12pm On Feb 09, 2023
It's called "sorting".. is everywhere, even in some college of education and poly. Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do. Some students no longer read and study again. They just pay money and pass. Smh

3 Likes

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by jumper524(m): 4:12pm On Feb 09, 2023
Na this kind men cult boys suppose display for. But na innocent jew den wan dey intimidate.

17 Likes

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Mercury12(m): 4:24pm On Feb 09, 2023
A final year student or extra year student coming to write a year 1 course exam or test..
I can imagine their shame and psychological trauma ..
Many of those lecturers are sadist I tell you! They are in all universities but some university have them in excess undecided

7 Likes

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Nobody: 4:41pm On Feb 09, 2023
Op, I will advice u like a younger brother

When I was in school, back in the years

How I past my general chemistry::

Read very well for the chemistry exam,

After the exam, put your ears to the ground,

Why, because

Some chemistry lecturer may want sorting and use coded means, such as using your course rep

Also sort the chemistry lecturers,

This way u are backing your chemistry exam success, through your hard work of reading and sorting (money)

So if money, no work,

Then brain will pass u

Or

If brain no work,

Then sorting(money) go pass u

U are in Nigeria, be smart, follow others and do wetin dem dey Do

If u pass the chemistry exam, u will never write it again forever

So be smart

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by JoeRizzla(m): 5:17pm On Feb 09, 2023
Too bad. Those lecturers are crazy mennn !!!

I had to sort myself out just to graduate because of a one course that I know would pass easily.

2 Likes

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Gerrard59(m): 5:02am On Feb 10, 2023
There are some departments of that nature - Biochemistry, Chemistry and Geophysics in OAU, Chemistry in Uniuyo and Chemistry and Computer Science at my alma mater - they have a history of abysmal grades with lecturers who hate seeing students excel. For instance, in one of the departments in OAU, I mentioned, it has been a very long time first class grads convoked from it. Meanwhile, first-class grads are plentiful in Accounting and Chemical Engineering (has produced some of the overall BGS in the school). In mine, the dude who graduated with a first was lucky as he was not popular within the department until his final semester (had lots of Cs and even a D). Then, there were grumbling by lecturers stating "how come he is graduating with such when he is not an indigene?". However, the same people were at the helm of affairs when two indigenes had the chance to convoke as first class grads, but they made it seemingly impossible. Thankfully, the dude is now at NNPC. Luckily, my department was not (and is not) like that. We had quite a high number of first class grads compared to sister departments, and most weren't even indigenes.

My advice: if you cannot beat them or join them in what they do, let go and choose another department. In your search, assess how many first class grads convoked from the department, how many 2'1s it has produced, when was the last time she churned out a first class grad etc. With this, you can judge the mentality the lecturers have towards academically good students.

8 Likes

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by benqo01(m): 9:29am On Feb 10, 2023
WE HAVE ONE RIGHT NOW IN THE SKUL THAT LECTURER GIVES MASSIVE F TO ALL STUDENT OUT OF 42 NA ONLY 5 PASS EVEN PEOPLE WHO GRADUATED 3YRS AGO CAME BACK TO WRITE THE COURSE GST COURSE FOR THAT MATTER

SEE AS HALL FULL NO SPACE CHAI

2 Likes

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by ipobarecriminals: 10:38am On Feb 10, 2023
sad go and petition ur Dean, HOD, VC, CSO, E/R.They''ll investigate it, call the lecturer in charge of the course plus una exam script.. Case closed. I once do this and the ASUU chairman recalled all my papers from 200-400L..No time for rubbish

10 Likes

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Okiton: 10:38am On Feb 10, 2023
sad

So uniport students do come to nairaland to spread lies, I wasn't aware of that

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by ImpregnaTor(m): 10:39am On Feb 10, 2023
cheesy
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by adecz: 10:39am On Feb 10, 2023
undecided
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by BossGerald: 10:40am On Feb 10, 2023
That's why they keep fighting against CBT form in the Nigerian universities...very wicked lecturers.

I've promise to end the career of any lecturer that tries such nonsense with me, I don't fear them oo.

Vote OBI2023
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by damble: 10:40am On Feb 10, 2023
The lecturers might have forgotten there's a God in heaven that sees all things...

2 Likes

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Mandate2023: 10:41am On Feb 10, 2023
Some of us if not most have passed thru d university......u r in year 1 and u r already complaining and giving excuses for ur failure.......u better face ur studies and mingle with d serious student......I studied physics in d university too.....u can't be studying chemistry and be wasting ur life on nairaland, there's no way u will make it

There's no way a lecturer will fail everybody not even if u know what u must have written

5 Likes

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by sukkot: 10:41am On Feb 10, 2023
grin
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by CHIDINMALOVE: 10:42am On Feb 10, 2023
Hmm.... In better clime, the facts that there is mass failure in your course means you aren't lecturing your students right and the lecturer has to be replaced... In the case of Nigeria, na the students bk sabi book....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex__6LcJr8E

This video is dedicated to those criminal lecturers
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by DarkPheonix: 10:42am On Feb 10, 2023
Let me have your matric number so we can look into the matter.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? / Exam Hall & Condition In FUTO (photo) / How To Be The Best In Your Course Of Study In The University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.