Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,357 members, 7,815,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Which Do I Chose Between Canadian And Australian PR - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which Do I Chose Between Canadian And Australian PR (15052 Views)

Help Me Chose Between Australia And UK / How To Apply And Get A Canadian And Schengen Visa From Naija On Your Own!!! / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Do I Chose Between Canadian And Australian PR by Chikicaka(f): 12:22pm On Feb 11, 2018
Hello guys, I am new here but in dire need of advice from diverse opinions, January 1st 2017 I made a firm resolve to try and leave this country and though it started as a joke but slowly but surely I got PR for both Canada and Australia, I wasn't able to save a dime all through last year and my savings is at an all time low because I wanted this and luckily for me I got them, I studied Civil Engineering in my undergraduate days but I am into freelance programming now, I am confused on which to go for because I didn't plan to get PR for Canada but because the process looked do-able i just decided to take the shot and go for it and it also clicked.

I am 26, not married and wasn't able to get a job with the PR's, so would like advice on which country would be easier to start over, get a minimal job pending when I am able to get my big break, save, survive and grow from there taking into account my educational and current work background, weather and distance, minimum wage, Racism factor, Economy, job availability, better Nigerian network and other factors I didn't mention.

Please guys would really love inputs...

PS-My bro says ppl would want to know how I did it, t'was simple I used the Express and Skilled migration routes respectively. And I am still in shock because never in my dreams did I ever consider I would get not one but two...#truetalk

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Do I Chose Between Canadian And Australian PR by MofePR: 12:28pm On Feb 11, 2018
You are one lucky person. You can start applying for jobs from Nigeria before you leave.

Ask other Australian PR holders on this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/4107449/living-australia-life-australian-immigrant

Also search Quora. This question has been asked and answered severally.

In the end, it boils down to what you want for yourself.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Do I Chose Between Canadian And Australian PR by Chikicaka(f): 12:30pm On Feb 11, 2018
MofePR:
Ask other Australian PR holders on this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/4107449/living-australia-life-australian-immigrant

Thanks sir, but its just the view from Aussie, I need opinions on both that's why I was adviced to open an account, but would check it out...appreciate
Re: Which Do I Chose Between Canadian And Australian PR by Kennyinusa(m): 1:05pm On Feb 11, 2018
In as much as I do not have much to contribute to the subject. I would like to ask your "freelance programming"
Do you mean software development?
Am asking because am also a software engineer. Who has been thinking of relocating for quite a few months now

1 Like

Re: Which Do I Chose Between Canadian And Australian PR by iamgenius(m): 5:18pm On Feb 11, 2018
Please go to Canada, You'll love the place more than Australia. Many opportunities in Canada. Especially if you live in Toronto.
Google for comparison between Australia and Canada, Australia is over hyped by Nigerians.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Do I Chose Between Canadian And Australian PR by Lovell234(m): 5:45pm On Feb 11, 2018
Chikicaka:
Hello guys, I am new here but in dire need of advice from diverse opinions, January 1st 2017 I made a firm resolve to try and leave this country and though it started as a joke but slowly but surely I got PR for both Canada and Australia, I wasn't able to save a dime all through last year and my savings is at an all time low because I wanted this and luckily for me I got them, I studied Civil Engineering in my undergraduate days but I am into freelance programming now, I am confused on which to go for because I didn't plan to get PR for Canada but because the process looked do-able i just decided to take the shot and go for it and it also clicked.

I am 26, not married and wasn't able to get a job with the PR's, so would like advice on which country would be easier to start over, get a minimal job pending when I am able to get my big break, save, survive and grow from there taking into account my educational and current work background, weather and distance, minimum wage, Racism factor, Economy, job availability, better Nigerian network and other factors I didn't mention.

PS-My bro says ppl would want to know how I did it, t'was simple I used the Express and Skilled migration routes respectively. And I am still in shock because never in my dreams did I ever consider I would get not one but two...#truetalk

I have sent you a pm chi. Kindly get back to me.
Re: Which Do I Chose Between Canadian And Australian PR by Chikicaka(f): 7:38pm On Feb 11, 2018
iamgenius:
Please go to Canada, You'll love the place more than Australia. Many opportunities in Canada. Especially if you live in Toronto.
Google for comparison between Australia and Canada, Australia is over hyped by Nigerians.

Lol...tnx sir

1 Like

Re: Which Do I Chose Between Canadian And Australian PR by Olifiz(m): 7:39pm On Feb 11, 2018
I sent u a pm pls reply. Thanks
Re: Which Do I Chose Between Canadian And Australian PR by nuelnuel: 5:54pm On Feb 12, 2018
Australia is better for so many reasons
Australia has very nice weather compared to Canada where it gets extremely cold in Winter
Secondly, salaries are higher in Australia
Also the rate of unemployment is also lower in Australia so your chances of securing a job are higher in Australia. For jobs you can use seek.com.au and indeed.com.au
I am now making my final preparations before moving to Australia and I will get in touch with you

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Do I Chose Between Canadian And Australian PR by nuelnuel: 6:00pm On Feb 12, 2018
iamgenius:
You didn't make any comparison and then you said Australia is over hyped by Nigerians which shows that you too know that Australia is better.

19 Likes

Re: Which Do I Chose Between Canadian And Australian PR by Onyxnaija: 9:07am On Feb 13, 2018
Like you, my family and I have Canadian PR (landed in 2014), but we are also Australian citizens. We returned to Australia after 3 weeks in Canada because Australia has a lot more to offer our children compared to Canada, and our line of work is more profitable here in Australia than Canada. The only reason we applied for PR in Canada was because our families were making too much noise about Australia being so far away. But reality is that even if we live on same street with our family, we may not see each other for long periods of time because everyone is busy.
However both countries are rich and provide limitless opportunities. On that note I’d say you should carefully consider your line of work and the prospects in both countries. If you work in healthcare then Australia is hands down the best place to go. All the best.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Do I Chose Between Canadian And Australian PR by Lovell234(m): 2:39pm On Feb 13, 2018
Onyxnaija:
Like you, my family and I have Canadian PR (landed in 2014), but we are also Australian citizens. We returned to Australia after 3 weeks in Canada because Australia has a lot more to offer our children compared to Canada, and our line of work is more profitable here in Australia than Canada. The only reason we applied for PR in Canada was because our families were making too much noise about Australia being so far away. But reality is that even if we live on same street with our family, we may not see each other for long periods of time because everyone is busy.
However both countries are rich and provide limitless opportunities. On that note I’d say you should carefully consider your line of work and the prospects in both countries. If you work in healthcare then Australia is hands down the best place to go. All the best.

I want to make enquiries about australia pr from you.
I have sent you a pm, please kindly reply.
Re: Which Do I Chose Between Canadian And Australian PR by kismo(m): 12:20am On Feb 14, 2018
Please l need advice from everyone who could give one. I studied Economics but l have been working as education consultant(guiding students for their oversea studies and visa processes) since l graduated.
I wish to apply for either Canadian or Australian PR. But l am not really sure if l stand a chance of being granted due to academic background and work history. Please do l stand any chance?
Note: l am married with a kid.
Thanks.
Re: Which Do I Chose Between Canadian And Australian PR by Nobody: 3:35pm On Feb 14, 2018
Chikicaka:

@op have you heard of a beautiful problem before? I guess not. Actually that's waht you have grin

13 Likes

Re: Which Do I Chose Between Canadian And Australian PR by Chikicaka(f): 9:35pm On Feb 14, 2018
Onyxnaija:

Thank you sir, I intend to continue n consolidate my Programming so that's my field, I don't no anyone in either countries, only US and Asia so it's probably a fresh start, about the weather, present economy, starting over (no family around) do you have any suggestions please?
Re: Which Do I Chose Between Canadian And Australian PR by bourg: 6:02pm On Mar 03, 2018
Has anyone successfully gone through the ACS (Australia computer society) assessment? I need someone who can shed some light because i intend to start the process very soon. I would really appreciate if anyone can help.
Re: Which Do I Chose Between Canadian And Australian PR by Naijaaussie(m): 1:23am On Jul 03, 2018
Hi, Chikicaka,

Just wondering, which of the countries did you decide on? Kindly share your experience so that others facing the same dilemma can learn. Cheers!

Chikicaka:

Re: Which Do I Chose Between Canadian And Australian PR by Chikicaka(f): 9:26pm On Jul 03, 2018
Naijaaussie:
Hi, Chikicaka,

Just wondering, which of the countries did you decide on? Kindly share your experience so that others facing the same dilemma can learn. Cheers!

Turns out that a lot of people are also in such dilemma, i found an overseas community on Reddit that we share settlement/relocation ideas so i decided i would spilit between both countries for a year then decide on which suits my projected future plan, i intend to settle and forge a career in the country i decide on and it wouldn't have been wise to decide based on others opinions.

4 Likes

Re: Which Do I Chose Between Canadian And Australian PR by maternal: 1:29am On Jul 04, 2018
Chikicaka:

The cost of living in Australia is significantly higher than Canada's. Furthermore, Australians usually take home more per month, but how much more money does one have in their pockets after each month is what matters. The bit more money per month won't matter with a high cost of living. To be honest, this isn't about Canada vs Australia. This is about the United States. A Canadian citizen usually has access to the American labour market (depending on their profession), the biggest market in the world. And both countries economies are highly integrated. I'm personally not turning down North America for Australia personally. Not to mention there are more Nigerians in North America than down under.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Do I Chose Between Canadian And Australian PR by Chikicaka(f): 3:26pm On Jul 04, 2018
maternal:

The cost of living in Australia is significantly higher than Canada's. Furthermore, Australians usually take home more per month, but how much more money does one have in their pockets after each month is what matters. The bit more money per month won't matter with a high cost of living. To be honest, this isn't about Canada vs Australia. This is about the United States. A Canadian citizen usually has access to the American labour market (depending on their profession), the biggest market in the world. And both countries economies are highly integrated. I'm personally not turning down North America for Australia personally. Not to mention there are more Nigerians in North America than down under.

Massive point bro, same thing i thought about, how much more means more. this year would be about studying both cultures till i decide
Re: Which Do I Chose Between Canadian And Australian PR by Grupo(m): 8:03am On Jul 07, 2018
Chikicaka:

Massive point bro, same thing i thought about, how much more means more. this year would be about studying both cultures till i decide

Hi,

I finished youth service last year. I have been working as a freelancer. Now, I want to try Canada or Australia PR. I learnt that one is often asked about work experience (and this must be paid employment). I also learned that one is asked for pay slip or something similar. Now, as a freelancer, I don't have a pay slip, how did you overcome such hurdle. Please, advise.
Re: Which Do I Chose Between Canadian And Australian PR by Chikicaka(f): 8:34am On Jul 07, 2018
Grupo:

Hi,

I finished youth service last year. I have been working as a freelancer. Now, I want to try Canada or Australia PR. I learnt that one is often asked about work experience (and this must be paid employment). I also learned that one is asked for pay slip or something similar. Now, as a freelancer, I don't have a pay slip, how did you overcome such hurdle. Please, advise.

True, either paid employment or if self employment your company must be duly registered with at least CAC and be legit, they also use years of experience Aussie been the most strict with that, most times they also require you having professional registrations. Some ppl do try to maneuver even if they never held down paid employments as we would say "if you know, you know" but i don't know so i can't say.
Re: Which Do I Chose Between Canadian And Australian PR by Grupo(m): 9:02am On Jul 07, 2018
Chikicaka:

I was working prior to quitting and forging a career as a programmer, so my company supplied all i needed

I have never been in a paid employment. Advise please.
Re: Which Do I Chose Between Canadian And Australian PR by Chikicaka(f): 9:18am On Jul 07, 2018
Grupo:

I have never been in a paid employment. Advise please.

My advice would depend on a lot of factors that only you can give me the answers but it's a public forum no need talking about yourself much, would ask a friend that was in your kind off situation how he did his and would revert back to you.

1 Like

Re: Which Do I Chose Between Canadian And Australian PR by Grupo(m): 9:33am On Jul 07, 2018
Chikicaka:

My advice would depend on a lot of factors that only you can give me the answers but it's a public forum no need talking about yourself much, would ask a friend that was in your kind off situation how he did his and would revert back to you.

I sent you PM. Please, reply.
Re: Which Do I Chose Between Canadian And Australian PR by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 07, 2018
Grupo:

Hi,

How do you receive your money then? Present the account details of your receiving account be it PayPal or payoneer or whatever it is.
Someone used his payoneer accounts for tourism visa to Europe.
Re: Which Do I Chose Between Canadian And Australian PR by Grupo(m): 10:19am On Jul 07, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

How do you receive your money then? Present the account details of your receiving account be it PayPal or payoneer or whatever it is.
Someone used his payoneer accounts for tourism visa to Europe.

I use payoneer consistently. Maybe I will try with that.

P.S. I'm even confused. Don't know whether to leave or stay "and build our land". Lol.

Abeg, I'm still waiting for your instructions on the other stuff o.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Lagos Resident Decries the Injustice Of LCC Toll Gate Company At Lekki. / To Marry Or Not To Marry / 18 People Die As Canoe Capsizes In Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.