Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,315 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

Onyeka Nwelue Involved In Motor Accident (Photos) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Onyeka Nwelue Involved In Motor Accident (Photos) (31930 Views)

Sunday Alakinde Dies In Motor Accident (Photos) / Onyeka Nwelue: Monogamy Is A Sham, Your Private Part Is Not Meant For One Person / Onyeka Nwelue: "Don Jazzy Is Broke, He Is A Tenant". Don Jazzy Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onyeka Nwelue Involved In Motor Accident (Photos) by Nobody: 2:29pm On Feb 11, 2018
Nigerian writer and film maker, Onyeka Nwelue, known for his documentary movie about the life of late novelist, Flora Nwapa, was involved in a ghastly motor accident which almost claimed his life but left him with a serious injury. 

Onyeka Nwelue who was involved in the ghastly motor accident on the 1st of February, 2018 in Abuja, a night after his 30th birthday, needs N9.8 million for this corrective surgery and a donation will be needed for that to take place. 

Here's what he wrote on Facebook; 

Emmanuel Chukwuebuka Francis visited me yesterday.

I'm forced to write this. In the deepest pain I have ever felt. I have also read comments from people who believe the 'Onyeka Nwelue they know' has money. And he knows people. So, he doesn't need to solicit for public fund.

My friends are tired. My family members are tired, too. Reason why they would not share a post asking for money to help me through, is shame. Shame that they are unable to help me.

This accident happened in Abuja on the 1st of February, 2018. A car whose brake had failed, rammed into our car. From there, we were taken to Asokoro District Hospital - the system got me a bit sick. Until Theresa Oyibo-Ameh got me a flight ticket and Ovie Ekun was able to handle my process at the airport; seeing how fragile I looked, the airlines crew were able to take care of me. I am not getting treatment in Nigeria, because I had been mis-diagnosed there for typhoid instead of ectopic kidney.

At Loretong Hospital, Tochukwu Nelson Agu stayed with me until around 1am. For me, if the pain could go away...

I have read comments of people who don't like me. It is okay. I have also read comments from people who suggest I could have been treated in Nigeria - by bone-setters. My problem is not bone-setting. My sacroiliac joint is dislocated from my spine and hip; reason why I feel so much pain and have not been able to step out of the room where I am.

People I have wronged, suggest I deserve what happened to me. Reading comments saying that one of the Ambassadors who came for my book launch, could take care of my surgery. I am petrified that we can sit far and measure the content of the wallets of others.

It is okay to judge me. This is to confirm that those who are seeking for public support for me, are doing so, for the reason that they want me to not be in pain as much as I want to be free. Most of them are people who are not even close to me - because those who are close to me feel shame that they can't help.

We all have our problems to face and I am currently facing mine.

Kelechi Kaycee Kennedy has been taking good care of me. I am currently addicted to pain-killers.

Writing this, has been painful. I will be off Facebook for a long time.

http://lailasnews.com/nigerian-writer-film-maker-onyeka-nwelue-involved-ghastly-motor-accident/

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Involved In Motor Accident (Photos) by darkenkach(m): 2:41pm On Feb 11, 2018
How can someone be famous and broke at the same time?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Involved In Motor Accident (Photos) by duroc(m): 4:30pm On Feb 11, 2018
Now you know God truly exist.. Sorry bro

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Involved In Motor Accident (Photos) by SIMPLYkush: 4:42pm On Feb 11, 2018
good, let him stop making crappy films
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Involved In Motor Accident (Photos) by coolcacuz: 6:38pm On Feb 11, 2018
Wishing him speedy recovery
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Involved In Motor Accident (Photos) by wealthpreach(m): 6:39pm On Feb 11, 2018
Really.
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Involved In Motor Accident (Photos) by nedu2000(m): 6:39pm On Feb 11, 2018
call it pride but i will rather die than beg for financial assistance from the public. I have suffered and i have risen.

3 Likes

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Involved In Motor Accident (Photos) by Tintinnoty(m): 6:40pm On Feb 11, 2018
You had a hand shake with death.

Ask Ebony, she wasn't that lucky.

grin shocked grin

4 Likes

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Involved In Motor Accident (Photos) by Victorakats(m): 6:40pm On Feb 11, 2018
Honestly and sincerely, this news got me thinking about so many things.

Nwelue is a man who I know is very focused on his project, his life, and his books.

This accident was a rude shock to me, and I hope and pray that he will get all the funds he needs for this surgery.

I wish him the best, and hope that he bounces back pretty soon.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Involved In Motor Accident (Photos) by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 11, 2018
RIP
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Involved In Motor Accident (Photos) by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 11, 2018
RIP cry cry

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Involved In Motor Accident (Photos) by sirusX(m): 6:41pm On Feb 11, 2018
Show empathy people...Not all that glitters is gold

Situations would always present friends that are truly Family...and strangers that are heaven sent

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Involved In Motor Accident (Photos) by FriendofGod: 6:41pm On Feb 11, 2018
duroc:

God is not a petty God. You people should stop giving the impression that God uses punishment to make people believe in Him.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Involved In Motor Accident (Photos) by MrOjay1(m): 6:41pm On Feb 11, 2018
shocked

He is on his way to greatness like Achebe that's why the accident occured.

If he becomes paralysed like Achebe before he died,he'll surely be a notable figure.

Enjoy your wheelchair Mr.Nwelue!

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Involved In Motor Accident (Photos) by Odani: 6:42pm On Feb 11, 2018
It is well with us all
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Involved In Motor Accident (Photos) by 1x2x3: 6:42pm On Feb 11, 2018
So many accidents this 2018. It shall never be our portion.. Amen

11 Likes

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Involved In Motor Accident (Photos) by Tunks2017(m): 6:43pm On Feb 11, 2018
. sad

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Involved In Motor Accident (Photos) by otokx(m): 6:43pm On Feb 11, 2018
pinnket:
RIP cry cry

Are you okay?

5 Likes

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Involved In Motor Accident (Photos) by momodub: 6:43pm On Feb 11, 2018
Humm so sad
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Involved In Motor Accident (Photos) by dingbang(m): 6:44pm On Feb 11, 2018
You know you ain't a celebrity when a mayhem such as accident happens to you because the same people who gush over you will desert you in times like this.

As a celebrity, make sure you connect more with people rather than expecting people to connect with you

13 Likes

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Involved In Motor Accident (Photos) by haywhy1026(m): 6:44pm On Feb 11, 2018
we have ppl in this country that will give the money without looking back.....
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Involved In Motor Accident (Photos) by Nobody: 6:44pm On Feb 11, 2018
1x2x3:
So many accidents this 2018. It shall never be our portion.. Amen
Amen my sister

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Involved In Motor Accident (Photos) by successking401(m): 6:45pm On Feb 11, 2018
it's so pathetic the way accident happens these days.may God protect us.
anyway, if you are suffering from staphylococcus aureus or premature ejaculations contact me let's talk.i have the cure.(N:B) I'm not selling another man's product.you know what I mean

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Involved In Motor Accident (Photos) by KayTash(m): 6:46pm On Feb 11, 2018
My prayers and wishes are with you. You will surely pull through this nightmare.

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Involved In Motor Accident (Photos) by Victorakats(m): 6:47pm On Feb 11, 2018
pinnket:
RIP

This is absurd!

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Involved In Motor Accident (Photos) by KayTash(m): 6:48pm On Feb 11, 2018
SIMPLYkush:
good, let him stop making crappy films
You are being mean. I don't know why?
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Involved In Motor Accident (Photos) by KayTash(m): 6:50pm On Feb 11, 2018
duroc:
What the hell is wrong with you?
God ain't proud of that crap you put up there.

3 Likes

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Involved In Motor Accident (Photos) by 1x2x3: 6:54pm On Feb 11, 2018
HeyBee27:
Amen my sister
brother
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Involved In Motor Accident (Photos) by BE811APP: 6:56pm On Feb 11, 2018
who is he?
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Involved In Motor Accident (Photos) by AuroraB(f): 6:58pm On Feb 11, 2018
He once said Don Jazzy and every celeb is broke except Linda Ikeja. Am I wrong
Online kings and queens, Unu Jiri ya nwayoo with pomposity.
He is in SA already but wants to go to USA for better treatment yet soliciting for funds undecided undecided
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Involved In Motor Accident (Photos) by Abogwara: 7:01pm On Feb 11, 2018
I don't like him because he is a wailer. Ffk should help him with the tiny sum.
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Involved In Motor Accident (Photos) by remedick: 7:04pm On Feb 11, 2018
FlirtyKaren:
Nigerian writer and film maker, Onyeka Nwelue, known for his documentary movie about the life of late novelist, Flora Nwapa, was involved in a ghastly motor accident which almost claimed his life but left him with a serious injury. 

Onyeka Nwelue who was involved in the ghastly motor accident on the 1st of February, 2018 in Abuja, a night after his 30th birthday, needs N9.8 million for this corrective surgery and a donation will be needed for that to take place. 

Here's what he wrote on Facebook; 

Emmanuel Chukwuebuka Francis visited me yesterday.

I'm forced to write this. In the deepest pain I have ever felt. I have also read comments from people who believe the 'Onyeka Nwelue they know' has money. And he knows people. So, he doesn't need to solicit for public fund.

My friends are tired. My family members are tired, too. Reason why they would not share a post asking for money to help me through, is shame. Shame that they are unable to help me.

This accident happened in Abuja on the 1st of February, 2018. A car whose brake had failed, rammed into our car. From there, we were taken to Asokoro District Hospital - the system got me a bit sick. Until Theresa Oyibo-Ameh got me a flight ticket and Ovie Ekun was able to handle my process at the airport; seeing how fragile I looked, the airlines crew were able to take care of me. I am not getting treatment in Nigeria, because I had been mis-diagnosed there for typhoid instead of ectopic kidney.

At Loretong Hospital, Tochukwu Nelson Agu stayed with me until around 1am. For me, if the pain could go away...

I have read comments of people who don't like me. It is okay. I have also read comments from people who suggest I could have been treated in Nigeria - by bone-setters. My problem is not bone-setting. My sacroiliac joint is dislocated from my spine and hip; reason why I feel so much pain and have not been able to step out of the room where I am.

People I have wronged, suggest I deserve what happened to me. Reading comments saying that one of the Ambassadors who came for my book launch, could take care of my surgery. I am petrified that we can sit far and measure the content of the wallets of others.

It is okay to judge me. This is to confirm that those who are seeking for public support for me, are doing so, for the reason that they want me to not be in pain as much as I want to be free. Most of them are people who are not even close to me - because those who are close to me feel shame that they can't help.

We all have our problems to face and I am currently facing mine.

Kelechi Kaycee Kennedy has been taking good care of me. I am currently addicted to pain-killers.

Writing this, has been painful. I will be off Facebook for a long time.

http://lailasnews.com/nigerian-writer-film-maker-onyeka-nwelue-involved-ghastly-motor-accident/

one of this big churches can find this without blinking... Or feeling it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

#NigeriaVsArgentina: Piers Morgan Blasts Nigeria In Pidgin / Bambam: "I Am A Slay Queen But First I Am An Actor" / Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.