Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,437 members, 7,954,736 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:12 AM

Be Strict Not To Fall For Them!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Be Strict Not To Fall For Them!! (948 Views)

Do People Really Fall For These Scams? / Redmi Note 11s Review: Don't Fall For The Hype ⚠️ / Indian Couple Fall To Their Death While Taking Selfie (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Strict Not To Fall For Them!! by ibawon(m): 10:21pm On Feb 11, 2018
Yesterday afternoon I received a call from a potential buyer who wanted to get my iPhone.
He said he saw my advert here on Nairaland. We haggled about the price and later came to a conclusion, he then said he was gonna reach me later.
He called me today and told me he wanted to meet at Ajah, to cut the story short we met at Chicken Republic at Badore, he made some comments about the phone and i gave him reasonable explanation. He then asked for my account info which i gave him, after some minutes he asked me for the phone and i was like Guy you buy market i never see money u want make i give u the market, mba we don't do that.
He tried to convince me with the debit alert on his phone, the supposed Uber cab waiting and the girls he wanted to go pick.
Telling me he has done transactions more than mine that I should give him the device because he has been debited. Sincerely I taught he was speaking the truth but all the touching stories I've heard here made me stand my ground that I must see the credit alert before releasing my iPhone.
When this dude saw i was not given any "fuckry" then he said he was gonna leave and when i see the alert I must bring the phone to Lekki, i be like no lele na you dey hurry lets wait a bit more when I receive, alert you carry phone and go.
At the end he left and i went my way to get somethings almost close to an hour then I realised that I hadn't received any alert or calls from this dude.
What if i had given this dude because he claimed he was a gentleman or a "Big Boy" based on his appearance and his supposed account balance. Men I would have been the Opening act for Magga of the year.
He never told me his name, moniker or anything to identify him. What i just wanna say is that never you base normal procedures over sentiments or blind trust, more so never you be greedy.
Mr Big Boy scammer i know you might be reading this just so you know your text message trick didn't work on me.
PS An iPhone is like a Tipper truck used to carry one crate of egg. Very powerful but just too restricted
Still looking to sell so i can get a nice phone from Noobody wink

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Be Strict Not To Fall For Them!! by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 11, 2018
angry

☣ ☠

Lol... I hope this story is not fabricated

☣ ☠
Re: Be Strict Not To Fall For Them!! by ibawon(m): 11:00pm On Feb 11, 2018
OrestesDante:
angry

☣ ☠

Lol... I hope this story is not fabricated

Oh! And i hope you not the Big Boy Scammer

☣ ☠
Re: Be Strict Not To Fall For Them!! by noobody(m): 11:06pm On Feb 11, 2018
ibawon:
Yesterday afternoon I received a call from a potential buyer who wanted to get my iPhone.
He said he saw my advert here on Nairaland. We haggled about the price and later came to a conclusion, he then said he was gonna reach me later.
He called me today and told me he wanted to meet at Ajah, to cut the story short we met at Chicken Republic at Badore, he made some comments about the phone and i gave him reasonable explanation. He then asked for my account info which i gave him, after some minutes he asked me for the phone and i was like Guy you buy market i never see money u want make i give u the market, mba we don't do that.
He tried to convince me with the debit alert on his phone, the supposed Uber cab waiting and the girls he wanted to go pick.
Telling me he has done transactions more than mine that I should give him the device because he has been debited. Sincerely I taught he was speaking the truth but all the touching stories I've heard here made me stand my ground that I must see the credit alert before releasing my iPhone.
When this dude saw i was not given any "fuckry" then he said he was gonna leave and when i see the alert I must bring the phone to Lekki, i be like no lele na you dey hurry lets wait a bit more when I receive, alert you carry phone and go.
At the end he left and i went my way to get somethings almost close to an hour then I realised that I hadn't received any alert or calls from this dude.
What if i had given this dude because he claimed he was a gentleman or a "Big Boy" based on his appearance and his supposed account balance. Men I would have been the Opening act for Magga of the year.
He never told me his name, moniker or anything to identify him. What i just wanna say is that never you base normal procedures over sentiments or blind trust, more so never you be greedy.
Mr Big Boy scammer i know you might be reading this just so you know your text message trick didn't work on me.
PS An iPhone is like a Tipper truck used to carry one crate of egg. Very powerful but just too restricted
Still looking to sell so i can get a nice phone from Noobody wink

Bros,thank your stars oo,thats how they operate now,fake debit alert crew,
I only release items,once i see ur transaction in my mobile bank app,if not,we go gather wait for the alert oo,

It wud be a pleasure to get u,ur desired device sir,

Cheers
Re: Be Strict Not To Fall For Them!! by Nobody: 11:09pm On Feb 11, 2018
ibawon:

angry

☣ ☠

Lol. I'm not a scammer neither am I a big boy

☣ ☠
Re: Be Strict Not To Fall For Them!! by austinereds(m): 9:57am On Feb 12, 2018
wow. for this Lagos. it's too much. wow
Re: Be Strict Not To Fall For Them!! by GrandMufti: 11:45am On Feb 12, 2018
Lol... the guy na learner. You pay for phone, you come leave am go grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be Strict Not To Fall For Them!! by sinaj(f): 5:23pm On Feb 12, 2018
Wow! So people create false debit alert shocked

This is serz o!
Re: Be Strict Not To Fall For Them!! by ibawon(m): 5:25pm On Feb 12, 2018
GrandMufti:
Lol... the guy na learner. You pay for phone, you come leave am go grin
I tire ooo!!!

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Root My Phone / Live Launch Of Infinix Hot 6 Thread. / MTN Nigeria Partners Disney To Launch Disney Mobi Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.