Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

High Mortality Rate In Juveniles Stalked - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / High Mortality Rate In Juveniles Stalked (352 Views)

13 Causes Of High Mortality In Young Rabbits (kittens) And How To Remedy The Sit / What Could Be Responsible For Sudden High Mortality On My Fish Farm? / How To Reduce Catfish Fingerlings/juveniles Mortality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

High Mortality Rate In Juveniles Stalked by Adecliat: 10:17am On Feb 12, 2018
Pls, help me ooo. I stalked 2000 juvenlines last week Tuesday and by Thursday I had lost more than 100, so I stop their feeding and I use salt solution and tricycline in other to reduce it and I resume feeding on Sunday evening, getting their today to continue feeding I discover that some are hanging and the new pond ( earthen) I stalked on Saturday are hanging also. Pls help my life ooo am losing and have never experience this in my whole life in fish farming ooo, pls help me oo I need a way out
Re: High Mortality Rate In Juveniles Stalked by olaisalive(m): 12:11pm On Feb 12, 2018
Since you newly stocked them, and they are hanging now, two things you might have to investigate will be Water pH and Dissoved Oxygen level of the water. I dont suspect any disease or infection for now. When you check the above to be okay, you might have to use OTC take care of any bacterial infection . Stress can also trigger bacterial infection in fish due to the stress in transporting them from point of purchase to point of stocking .
Re: High Mortality Rate In Juveniles Stalked by aquadude15: 12:52pm On Feb 12, 2018
stress from transportation triggers infection attimes. do they still respond to feeding? if yes, buy conflox and give it to them orally or whatsapp me on 070..33499..775
Re: High Mortality Rate In Juveniles Stalked by Adecliat: 10:05pm On Feb 21, 2018
My phone was down since last week that is y am unable to reply

(1) (Reply)

Ending Heat Stress & Increasing Yield In Livestock / Poultry Farming / Aroms Aigbehi To Send A Loyal Fan Abroad To Get Trained on Agriculture / Available!!! Moringa Seeds At Its Cheapest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.