Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,223 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:42 PM

Read Short Inspirational Story Of Young Nigerian Girl - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Read Short Inspirational Story Of Young Nigerian Girl (443 Views)

Photo Of Young Lady's Signout Outfit Sparks Outrage Online / Top 10 Inspirational Pictures That Can Change Your Life / More Evidences Of Young Earth Emmerges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Read Short Inspirational Story Of Young Nigerian Girl by dotcomnamename: 1:15pm On Feb 12, 2018
Heard her on the radio a few weeks before Xmas. She is such an inspiration.

She was just brilliant. The very best of luck to her. A joy to listen to! Well Done Deborah wish you and your son a wonderful life and what great people who took the time to help and guide you!

HER SHORT STORY:

Hi,

My name is Deborah Somorin and I am 24 years old. I was homeless at 13, pregnant at 14 and a mother at 15. Thanks to the support of amazing people (Dún na nÓg) and organisations like Focus Ireland I went to Dublin City University (DCU) to study Accounting and Finance at 18 through the DCU Access programme. Thanks to a scholarship I then completed my Masters in Accounting in DCU. This helped me earn a place at one of the biggest accounting firms in the world where i've worked for the last 2 years. I have passed all my accounting exams and will qualify as a chartered accountant on completion of my training contract in October. My son Liam is now 9. I can stand on my own two feet now. I know other people aren't as lucky as I have been so I am now giving back and helping others achieve what I have achieved.

I want to open student accommodation for young disadvantaged parents in third level education. I need your help though. I have a petition which you can read about at the link below. It will be part of my proposal and business plan at a meeting in March with people from government agencies, philanthropic trusts and universities.

Each signature represents support for this project that will help the project get the funding it needs so please take a minute to read the details at the link below and sign the petition.

Every signature counts. Do not underestimate the power of your voice.

https://www.change.org/p/the-hope-ireland-project

Warm Regards,
Deborah Somorin
www.deborahsomorin.com

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

The Role Of Philosophy In Societal Development / How To Graduate With First Class In Any University / I Might Have Been Too Lenient On The JAMB Registrar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.