Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,962 members, 7,810,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

The Truth About Tokunbo Cars - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / The Truth About Tokunbo Cars (1572 Views)

Toyota Carina E Tokunbo Cars Available #08096577304 / Top Grade Corolla 2005-2007 Tokunbo Cars Available Call Or Whats#08096577304 Now / SHARP Lexus RX350 Tokunbo Cars 2010@best Offers 08096577304 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About Tokunbo Cars by Megatone(m): 4:12pm On Feb 12, 2018
The truth about tokunbo cars

The last two days has been a tug of war on my page https://www.nairaland.com/4296235/toyota-highlander-2009-tokunbo-accident , regarding a tokunbo toyota highlander. A NL member brought to my notice that the vehicle had a savage title which honestly i knew nothing about it. I didn't have any problem with it and i apologised about it and took full responsibility of my actions, i also recalled the advert. But no some NL members refused to accept my apologises and insisted that they would tarnish my image.

The truth is most of the tokunbo cars you see for sale 70% - 80% are accidented or salvage title. Some have minor while some major. The reason being that most of this cars are cheaper than cars with clean title. Lets take for instance, you buy a toyota camry XLE 2011 with a salvage title for $6000 and you spend additional $1500 to put it in perfect condition, totalling $7500. Then compare it with the same year and model with clean title for $10000 from toyota dealership. When you now import both of them and you post the clean title for 4.5M they start commenting that your greedy, scam and all sorts. While the one with salvage title would cost 3M and they would rush it.

Most car dealers go through a lot in this business and yet some mentally unstable peeps would be talking trash. These are people that might never have bought a car of their own, all they do from morning to night is to troll people and spam their treads. I was called all sought for the mistake i made.

But please if i may ask, does it mean cars with salvage titles and properly fixed cannot be driven, how many people can afford to buy a car from dealership?.

Once again i sincerely apologise for any wrong doing. I accept full responsibility even though my client misled me.

Advice: If your interested in any car of your choice, please request for VIN code. Please avoid flooded cars, they are worst to buy.

Have a great day.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Tokunbo Cars by Nobody: 4:14pm On Feb 12, 2018
Megatone:
The truth about tokunbo cars

The last two days has been a tug of war on my page https://www.nairaland.com/4296235/toyota-highlander-2009-tokunbo-accident , regarding a tokunbo toyota highlander. A NL member brought to my notice that the vehicle had a savage title which honestly i knew nothing about it. I didn't have any problem with it and i apologised about it and took full responsibility of my actions, i also recalled the advert. But no some NL members refused to accept my apologises and insisted that they would tarnish my image.

The truth is most of the tokunbo cars you see for sale 70% - 80% are accidented or salvage title. Some have minor while some major. The reason being that most of this cars are cheaper than cars with clean title. Lets take for instance, you buy a toyota camry XLE 2011 with a salvage title for $6000 and you spend additional $1500 to put it in perfect condition, totalling $7500. Then compare it with the same year and model with clean title for $10000 from toyota dealership. When you now import both of them and you post the clean title for 4.5M they start commenting that your greedy, scam and all sorts. While the one with salvage title would cost 3M and they would rush it.

Most car dealers go through a lot in this business and yet some mentally unstable peeps would be talking trash. These are people that might never have bought a car of their own, all they do from morning to night is to troll people and spam their treads. I was called all sought for the mistake i made.

But please if i may ask, does it mean cars with salvage titles and properly fixed cannot be driven, how many people can afford to buy a car from dealership?.

Once again i sincerely apologise for any wrong doing. I accept full responsibility even though my client misled me.

Advice: If your interested in any car of your choice, please request for VIN code. Please avoid flooded cars, they are worst to buy.

Have a great day.
Ignore them. Call Bolajibj or trumpdonald up for advice on how to handle them.
On closer examination of the thread... You know do well with lack of full disclosure...it is not nice

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Tokunbo Cars by Ipfreely: 5:43pm On Feb 12, 2018
This dude though. You clearly do not want to have a future in sales on this forum. You've somehow managed to entirely and completely miss the point multiple posters attempted to put across to you.
I'll attempt once more to explain what that backlash on your post was originally about.

https://www.nairaland.com/4182860/sold-2011-honda-crv-73000miles

Take a look at this post, and if you still don't understand due diligence and full disclosure, then something's wrong.
Re: The Truth About Tokunbo Cars by Megatone(m): 6:24pm On Feb 12, 2018
Ipfreely:
This dude though. You clearly do not want to have a future in sales on this forum. You've somehow managed to entirely and completely miss the point multiple posters attempted to put across to you.
I'll attempt once more to explain what that backlash on your post was originally about.

https://www.nairaland.com/4182860/sold-2011-honda-crv-73000miles

Take a look at this post, and if you still don't understand due diligence and full disclosure, then something's wrong.

I get your point clearly. The difference is gazuuz has all d details of d vehicle. He might have been the direct importer and so have the full information. In my case i have clients who seek assistance to help sell their vehicles. Alot of car dealers in this forum can relate with it. For instance your neighbour imports a car and the car is clean and you ask questions and he says its accident free, would you start arguing with the person?. Most of these cars are packaged abroad before shipping.

You are making it sound like it was intentional. I was surprised when i saw ur post honestly
Re: The Truth About Tokunbo Cars by LeJeun3: 11:51pm On Feb 12, 2018
Megatone:

I get your point clearly. The difference is gazuuz has all d details of d vehicle. He might have been the direct importer and so have the full information. In my case i have clients who seek assistance to help sell their vehicles. Alot of car dealers in this forum can relate with it. For instance your neighbour imports a car and the car is clean and you ask questions and he says its accident free, would you start arguing with the person?. Most of these cars are packaged abroad before shipping.

You are making it sound like it was intentional. I was surprised when i saw ur post honestly

Bro, that's why due diligence is being insisted upon....

Your neighbour asks you to help sell a car.

You ask for the vin, you run the VIN to get more information before you post it here.

Instead of just posting cos it looks clean angry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Truth About Tokunbo Cars by computerglobal(m): 11:55pm On Feb 12, 2018
Know your car’s most recent history with real-time event reporting

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068...

www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

Re: The Truth About Tokunbo Cars by diportivo: 7:41am On Feb 13, 2018
LeJeun3:

Bro, that's why due diligence is being insisted upon....

Your neighbour asks you to help sell a car.

You ask for the vin, you run the VIN to get more information before you post it here.

Instead of just posting cos it looks clean angry

as in

how hard can this be

he keeps missing the point

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Tokunbo Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:50am On Feb 13, 2018
Megatone:

I did not import this vehicle, I insisted owner gave me all info before vehicle landed nigeria before I post on Nairaland as I have a name to protect.

You fail multiple times to understand that you the seller is responsible for every sale you post and not the third party.

most cardealer on this forum, post sales without even seeing the vehicle

Countless times I am paid for a vehicle inspection,
and when I get there and I see so much crap, I call poster and ask if he knew about it, that's when you realise he just collected photos and pasted on NL.

if you expect to make a profit from sale, the least you can do is due diligence.

and as a car dealers it is expected you should know when a car is clean titled or not, IT IS PART OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.

finally instead of fighting a mob, take corrections, SIT DOWN AND BE HUMBLE.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Tokunbo Cars by Ipfreely: 8:32am On Feb 13, 2018
Re: The Truth About Tokunbo Cars by banky3w(m): 11:31am On Feb 13, 2018
Nanotone Megatone, you really need to understand the phrase full disclosure...... Until you do, you'll keep repeating the same thing you're saying and expect a different result.
Re: The Truth About Tokunbo Cars by Megatone(m): 2:18pm On Feb 13, 2018
banky3w:
Nanotone Megatone, you really need to understand the phrase full disclosure...... Until you do, you'll keep repeating the same thing you're saying and expect a different result.

Understood Loud and Clear.......

Lesson learnt
Re: The Truth About Tokunbo Cars by ray48: 11:21am On Feb 18, 2018
Megatone:

Understood Loud and Clear.......

Lesson learnt

Well done bro. This is appreciated. Full disclosure is the key.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Tokunbo Cars by calculusx(m): 11:20am On Mar 24, 2018
Megatone:

* Bros. Learn your lesson and move on. Whenever anybody give you a Car to sell, ask for pre-purchase pictures or google vin the Car for the Pictures to actually know the state of what you are advertising. I have some Cars in my lot brought by friends which I will NEVER advertise or NL or put up for sale on other websites because they don't meet my standard. Try and do your due diligence before you advertise such Cars.

5 Likes

Re: The Truth About Tokunbo Cars by Megatone(m): 12:13am On Mar 30, 2018
calculusx:

* Bros. Learn your lesson and move on. Whenever anybody give you a Car to sell, ask for pre-purchase pictures or google vin the Car for the Pictures to actually know the state of what you are advertising. I have some Cars in my lot brought by friends which I will NEVER advertise or NL or put up for sale on other websites because they don't meet my standard. Try and do your due diligence before you advertise such Cars.

Thanks for the advice.

Very matured
Re: The Truth About Tokunbo Cars by Carbaby007(m): 2:25am On Mar 30, 2018
Finally a happy ending grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

.. / Sold. Sold. Sold. Bank used Toyota Coaster 08 For Sale @8.5m / SOLD...Tin-can Cleared 2007 Toyota Camry XLE Silver Color

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.