Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Range Rover Sport Climbs To Heaven’s Gate In China (Photos) - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Range Rover Sport Climbs To Heaven’s Gate In China (Photos) (69105 Views)

Man Chains His Lexus SUV To His Gate In Onitsha / China Makes Zotye T900, A Replica Of The Range Rover Sport - Photos / Cars Submerged By Flood In Calabar As Man Climbs On Top His Car And Relaxes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Range Rover Sport Climbs To Heaven’s Gate In China (Photos) by Emerikoss: 11:02pm On Feb 12, 2018
Now that my friends,is a CARcheesy
Re: Range Rover Sport Climbs To Heaven’s Gate In China (Photos) by wallex1983(m): 11:04pm On Feb 12, 2018
AutoJoshNG:

The “Heaven’s Gate”.

The sight is simply jaw dropping.

The Heaven’s Gate is one of China’s most popular tourist attractions. It is built on the Tianmen Mountain. The Tianmen Mountain is 1518.6 meter high.

The Heaven’s Gate is seated atop this Mountain.

It is built on a seventeen-century-old cave. A stairway, consisting of 999 steps of it leads to it. Note that, the St Helena’s notorious Jacob’s Ladder has 'only' 699. Much of steps rises at 45 degrees.

Due to its height, it is always covered by mist. This makes it difficult to tell where it begins and where it ends.

To get to the Heaven’s Gate, the adventure begins with a ride in the world’s longest monorail Skyram. The ride spans 7.5 kilometres from the city Centre. It is followed by a scary bus ride up the 11.3km Tianmen Mountain Road (referred to as the “Dragon Road”). It also has 99 hairpin bends.

And this is where they convinced Ho-Pin Tung - a car race driver - to drive the new Range Rover Sport PHEV to.

During the ride, the Rover made a dizzying 99 turns and 999 daunting steps.

And did he succeed to reach the peak known as the “Heaven’s Gate”?

Yes, he did.

Indeed, cars are meant to drive on roads. Some are built to drive on treacherous ones. None, however, are meant to climb, yes climb, stairs, especially deadly steep stairs.

And Range as just proved to the world with the new Range Rover Sport PHEV can do both.

https://autojosh.com/range-rover-sport-becomes-first-vehicle-climb-heavens-gate/

Money miss road
Re: Range Rover Sport Climbs To Heaven’s Gate In China (Photos) by megama: 11:13pm On Feb 12, 2018
Jayson1:
I need a car going to hell, i have a passenger here with me.

Name; Pres. Muhammadu Buhari

Age; Ripe enough to meet the devil.

Mercedes Benz, do well to inform me.
crazy
Re: Range Rover Sport Climbs To Heaven’s Gate In China (Photos) by megama: 11:15pm On Feb 12, 2018
Fukafuka:
real pic.or a mirage? tongue tongue tongue
Re: Range Rover Sport Climbs To Heaven’s Gate In China (Photos) by eflintsone(m): 12:32am On Feb 13, 2018
ogawriter:
I can do it with my Benz 190, Just Kidding. Lol

But seriously so you mean to say that the gate to heaven is in China, no wonder they are so populated, all of them want to go to heaven but none of them want to die.

If that gate were to be in Nigeria Nah cow, sheep, ram, and aboki you go see on top those stairs dey constitute nuisance con mess up the whole place, the animals will devour the grasses until everywhere becomesbarren so tey dem go gas rename the place hell's gate..

when someone is obsessed with a particular tribe(hausa) u find him bringing up his hate tactics to another tread/topic that never relates with the hausa tribe ... i am not shocked
Re: Range Rover Sport Climbs To Heaven’s Gate In China (Photos) by MIKOLOWISKA: 12:36am On Feb 13, 2018
yomibelle:
Nice n sleek!
yep
too bad it's not as dependable as toyota or honda
Re: Range Rover Sport Climbs To Heaven’s Gate In China (Photos) by Etianwanokon: 3:48am On Feb 13, 2018
Jayson1:

I want faint o.
Re: Range Rover Sport Climbs To Heaven’s Gate In China (Photos) by Aldebaran(m): 6:16am On Feb 13, 2018
Good effort..

About 22mins drive from bottom to top...
Re: Range Rover Sport Climbs To Heaven’s Gate In China (Photos) by 1960boy: 7:05am On Feb 13, 2018
Download latest Music and Videos @ https://1960vibes.co
Re: Range Rover Sport Climbs To Heaven’s Gate In China (Photos) by Lilimax(f): 8:19am On Feb 13, 2018
moshino:

Who told you so?
See question shocked shocked
Re: Range Rover Sport Climbs To Heaven’s Gate In China (Photos) by Nobody: 10:32am On Feb 13, 2018
Range rovers are actually built for offroad functionality na for naija we dey use am do luxury ride
Re: Range Rover Sport Climbs To Heaven’s Gate In China (Photos) by Alkanoicacid(m): 8:34pm On Feb 13, 2018
Etihadstore:
Op as a car enthusiasts, Is passing a message

But I as an engineer is seeing another thing entirely

Good bless engineers.... (especially civil engineer's) kiss

I sight u jare omoiya...Ure not alone bro.
Re: Range Rover Sport Climbs To Heaven’s Gate In China (Photos) by geadom: 7:52am On Oct 02, 2018
That's a big challenge
Re: Range Rover Sport Climbs To Heaven’s Gate In China (Photos) by cosby02(m): 10:35am On Oct 02, 2018
Jayson1:

You both can now go to hell together when the car is ready.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Car Covered With Green Carpet Rug In Surulere, Lagos (Photos) / Python Chilling In A Car Bonnet In Awka (Photo) / Car Made By Auwal Hassan Unveiled By Ogbonnaya Onu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.