Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,485 members, 7,954,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:13 AM

Who Can Give Me Logical Explanation To This Phenomenon - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Who Can Give Me Logical Explanation To This Phenomenon (1792 Views)

Explanation On What You Need To Know About The Cruise Control Of Your Car / Detailed Explanation On Car Engine Sludge / Blown Head Gasket: Detailed Explanation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Can Give Me Logical Explanation To This Phenomenon by nurey(m): 8:17pm On Feb 12, 2018
I bought 5k fuel in my 3.0L V6 sienna, the Guage was between the half tank and the lower quarter tank before fill up, after fill up, my Guage was exactly on the upper quarter mark.
Now I have been driving this car for 4years and I have monitored the fuel consumption perfectly so I don't need a full tank to identify irregularities.

So at full tank my sienna can do 200km to rest the Guage at the upper quarter and from that upper quarter mark to half tank, I can only achieve 190km

Lets just say I am satisfied with 320km combined from full tank to half tank.

So I have changed air filter, exhaust welded, throttle body cleaned and I don't have any check engine light no pending fuel guzzling issue, front tire has 35psi.

So imagine my amazement when I used 32L, which will normally last me for 250km + and it only lasted 69km which I bought from Bleep fueling station where I normally buy fuel, synthetic engine oil and rate them high above others.

I have been pondering like a lost soul since 5days now, I have used this car with burst exhaust and I didn't even experience this kind fuel Consumption.

The thing is after the Guage went back to its former self before buying fuel, the fuel consumption has been normal back. My brother in law is of the opinion that I was only sold air by the petrol station.
Re: Who Can Give Me Logical Explanation To This Phenomenon by ItzPrinceIB(m): 8:44pm On Feb 12, 2018
Well, I Got Nothing To Say, Maybe The Person Below Me Might Got A Clue
Re: Who Can Give Me Logical Explanation To This Phenomenon by OPUSDEI1(m): 8:51pm On Feb 12, 2018
Maybe your brother in law is right. Even when at the lowest point of my reserve, I have NEVER bought up to 50L for a fill up, but one day I had just a little less than quarter tank and asked for a fill up, before my very eyes I saw the meter read from 0-55L. Happened at one NNPC station.
Re: Who Can Give Me Logical Explanation To This Phenomenon by RZArecta2(m): 11:13pm On Feb 12, 2018
Filling station sold you fresh air grin

1 Like

Re: Who Can Give Me Logical Explanation To This Phenomenon by diportivo: 12:13am On Feb 13, 2018
RZArecta2:
Filling station sold you fresh air grin

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Can Give Me Logical Explanation To This Phenomenon by snipesdam(m): 3:33pm On Feb 13, 2018
This happened to me once @ Total Filling station @Garrison in PH. I went to buy fuel for my dad to travel for xmas because of the long queues. Pajero Tank is about 80ltrs, while i had quarter left. The Total station meter read 90ltrs when i filled up. Since then i have i avoided all Total Fuel station i mostly buy @ AP Shell RA aba road. One time, i decided to buy N4k fuel to fill up corolla @ Total station 1st artillery after doing wheel balancing i was travelling to Benin on a sunday. Yet @ half tank which i already had the fuel didn't reach the full tank mark very well. I have since stopped buy fuel from ALL Total Stations.

However, my corolla tank is 50 litres capacity. When i travel from PH to Benin through warri, I cover 353km to my destination. With or without AC i noticed that whats left most times is half tank or slightly below half. I usually buy extra 3k fuel before coming back to PH. Is this consumption Okay? I don't have any check engine light or warning light showing up. Average Speed is 130km to 150km during each trip.
Re: Who Can Give Me Logical Explanation To This Phenomenon by Nobody: 6:10pm On Feb 14, 2018
snipesdam:
This happened to me once @ Total Filling station @Garrison in PH. I went to buy fuel for my dad to travel for xmas because of the long queues. Pajero Tank is about 80ltrs, while i had quarter left. The Total station meter read 90ltrs when i filled up. Since then i have i avoided all Total Fuel station i mostly buy @ AP Shell RA aba road. One time, i decided to buy N4k fuel to fill up corolla @ Total station 1st artillery after doing wheel balancing i was travelling to Benin on a sunday. Yet @ half tank which i already had the fuel didn't reach the full tank mark very well. I have since stopped buy fuel from ALL Total Stations.

However, my corolla tank is 50 litres capacity. When i travel from PH to Benin through warri, I cover 353km to my destination. With or without AC i noticed that whats left most times is half tank or slightly below half. I usually buy extra 3k fuel before coming back to PH. Is this consumption Okay? I don't have any check engine light or warning light showing up. Average Speed is 130km to 150km during each trip.

Check your owners manual to know the normal fuel consumption of your Corolla,it may difer abit cos tue car isnt brand new
Re: Who Can Give Me Logical Explanation To This Phenomenon by sooperrescue(m): 6:05am On Feb 15, 2018
I used to have 42 litres for 306kms in a Range Rover Sport. Do your calculations. Lagos to Akure.
Re: Who Can Give Me Logical Explanation To This Phenomenon by snipesdam(m): 9:18am On Feb 15, 2018
sooperrescue:
I used to have 42 litres for 306kms in a Range Rover Sport. Do your calculations. Lagos to Akure.

Fuel Guzzler V6 3.0 Maybe Turbo-Charged. That's 1 full tank of my corolla with amber light showing after. After i checked, my fuel consumption is 6.5 litres per 100km Highway and 9 to 10 litres per 100km city driving.

Yours with values up there is 13.7litres per 100km

1 Like

Re: Who Can Give Me Logical Explanation To This Phenomenon by sooperrescue(m): 10:16am On Feb 15, 2018
snipesdam:

Fuel Guzzler V6 3.0 Maybe Turbo-Charged. That's 1 full tank of my corolla with amber light showing after. After i checked, my fuel consumption is 6.5 litres per 100km Highway and 9 to 10 litres per 100km city driving.

Yours with values up there is 13.7litres per 100km
I quoted mine as a template to know your fuel consumption. Like you rightly stated, 14\100kms . Do likewise when calculating the fuel consumption because you cannot say i bought 3k fuel when you are not even sure you got the value because the stations that sell fuel do not fear God and so must have sold you 2200 naira fuel. That said, the RRS is a 4.4litre v8 sweet fuel efficient ride. When you are driving on that your speed of 130km, I will be cruising and dust past you. That is the difference in that fuel. Driving and cruising. All fuel are not the same o. One is for driving while the other is for cruising.

1 Like

Re: Who Can Give Me Logical Explanation To This Phenomenon by snipesdam(m): 6:33pm On Feb 15, 2018
sooperrescue:
I quoted mine as a template to know your fuel consumption. Like you rightly stated, 14\100kms . Do likewise when calculating the fuel consumption because you cannot say i bought 3k fuel when you are not even sure you got the value because the stations that sell fuel do not fear God and so must have sold you 2200 naira fuel. That said, the RRS is a 4.4litre v8 sweet fuel efficient ride. When you are driving on that your speed of 130km, I will be cruising and dust past you. That is the difference in that fuel. Driving and cruising. All fuel are not the same o. One is for driving while the other is for cruising.

4.4litre V8 with your consumption, it's indeed fuel efficient. But why would you be comparing my 1.8litre i4 toy with your 4.4litre v8 luxury ride. Abi you want me to blow off my intake manifold and valves competing with u? Abeg if u me see for road just pass ooo Gwag and 2016 Highlander don dust me @160km and 180km to be precise na you i wan challange undecided. But i look forward to acquire my first luxury ride soon Lexus IS250 by God's grace.

2 Likes

Re: Who Can Give Me Logical Explanation To This Phenomenon by sooperrescue(m): 8:37pm On Feb 15, 2018
snipesdam:

4.4litre V8 with your consumption, it's indeed fuel efficient. But why would you be comparing my 1.8litre i4 toy with your 4.4litre v8 luxury ride. Abi you want me to blow off my intake manifold and valves competing with u? Abeg if u me see for road just pass ooo Gwag and 2016 Highlander don dust me @160km and 180km to be precise na you i wan challange undecided. But i look forward to acquire my first luxury ride soon Lexus IS250 by God's grace.

You got me there. But contrary to what you think. I have been dusted by a corolla bank type on 2 occasions when I was cruising at 180km on different highways on my previous car E240. I got to Abuja and gave out the car and took night bus back to Lagos.
Re: Who Can Give Me Logical Explanation To This Phenomenon by snipesdam(m): 8:48pm On Feb 15, 2018
sooperrescue:

You got me there. But contrary to what you think. I have been dusted by a corolla bank type on 2 occasions when I was cruising at 180km on different highways on my previous car E240. I got to Abuja and gave out the car and took night bus back to Lagos.

I guess you weren't expecting it when he zapped you. That fellow must have a death wish though.

2 Likes

Re: Who Can Give Me Logical Explanation To This Phenomenon by sooperrescue(m): 7:26am On Feb 16, 2018
Two different occasions one on Benin auchi and the other time at lokoja okene

(1) (Reply)

10 Things That Can Make Your Car Look More Beautiful / Please, I Need Sienna Bus On Hire Purchase. / Has Anyone Captured For Drivers License In Recent Times.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.