Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,863 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Holes On The Walls Of My Factory. Under Construction. What Is Happening? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Holes On The Walls Of My Factory. Under Construction. What Is Happening? (638 Views)

3-Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Yaba, Lagos (Photo) / Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki (Photo) / Building Under Construction Collapses In Aba, Many Trapped (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Holes On The Walls Of My Factory. Under Construction. What Is Happening? by Redman44(m): 8:38pm On Feb 12, 2018
Hello everyone, thanks for your threads and comments in the Property Section of this great site.

So I am building a Factory in Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria.

We have reached the level stage and the pillars have been casted. I am not physically on ground to monitor this project. My mum is in charge of it. However, while looking at pictures I received today via email, I noticed that there were a lot of holes on the walls, both inside and outside. I am thinking the concrete blocks are not of a high quality and I am not happy about the holes. However, the supervisor said the holes came about because of the ladders or wood placed on the walls as the Bricklayers laid the blocks from level to level. What do you think is happeneing sad sad sad sad sad? I have attached some pictures so you can see what I am talking about. I need some advice from you and what can be done to cover the holes. 9 inch concrete blocks have been used for the whole project. Please let me hear from you. Thanks.

Re: Holes On The Walls Of My Factory. Under Construction. What Is Happening? by Flexherbal(m): 8:42pm On Feb 12, 2018
I think those blocks are not of quality !

1 Like

Re: Holes On The Walls Of My Factory. Under Construction. What Is Happening? by Redman44(m): 8:51pm On Feb 12, 2018
Flexherbal:
I think those blocks are not of quality !

Thanks, Sir. I have been following the building of the factory since we started in November 2017. I have now resolved to be more concerned with the quality of materials used from now on. Though I compare prices of building materials when I receive quotes from the supervisor ( My mum ), I want to take a harder approach concerning the project. I will personally interview any new worker on the site handling other aspects of the project. I want to hear the views of other people concerning the holes in the walls sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad.
Re: Holes On The Walls Of My Factory. Under Construction. What Is Happening? by Nwodosis(m): 8:59pm On Feb 12, 2018
Those holes were created and made use of during the scaffolding works for the laying of those upper blocks!

3 Likes

Re: Holes On The Walls Of My Factory. Under Construction. What Is Happening? by mufutau55(m): 11:03pm On Feb 12, 2018
Redman44:
Hello everyone, thanks for your threads and comments in the Property Section of this great site.

We have reached the level stage and the pillars have been casted. I am not physically on ground to monitor this project. My mum is in charge of it. However, while looking at pictures I received today via email, I noticed that there were a lot of holes on the walls, both inside and outside. I am thinking the concrete blocks are not of a high quality and I am not happy about the holes. However, the supervisor said the holes came about because of the ladders or wood placed on the walls as the Bricklayers laid the blocks from level to level. What do you think is happeneing sad sad sad sad sad? I have attached some pictures so you can see what I am talking about. I need some advice from you and what can be done to cover the holes. 9 inch concrete blocks have been used for the whole project. Please let me hear from you. Thanks.

He is right. When they plaster the wall, they will plug the holes with broken blocks and all will be good.
You will even want to cry when you see the plumber and electrician breaking those walls again to do their job; but do not be alarmed, it's normal.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: Holes On The Walls Of My Factory. Under Construction. What Is Happening? by nex(m): 8:30am On Feb 13, 2018
Redman44:

There's nothing wrong with those holes at all. It's not about the quality of the blocks. The bricklayers must have bored them in order to anchor some wooden support structures. They do that a lot. The holes will be sealed up as work progresses. Don't worry yourself about those holes.

1 Like

Re: Holes On The Walls Of My Factory. Under Construction. What Is Happening? by Redman44(m): 8:46am On Feb 13, 2018
@ Everyone, thanks for your comments. My mind is at rest now smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Holes On The Walls Of My Factory. Under Construction. What Is Happening? by Charles23975(m): 4:18pm On Feb 13, 2018
Great!

(1) (Reply)

Aggregates For Your Building / ,..... / MONUMENTAL TERRACES GBAGADA: 4 Bedroom Terrace @ Gbagada For 60milion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.