Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Artist Who Obama Chose For Portrait Exposed For Racist Severed Head Painting - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Artist Who Obama Chose For Portrait Exposed For Racist Severed Head Painting (847 Views)

Rogozin, Former Russian Deputy PM Posts Racist Photo About Lloyd Austin / Africans Have No Culture, We Must Kick Them Out Says Racist Israeli MP / Croatian President, Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović, Painting Her Own House (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Artist Who Obama Chose For Portrait Exposed For Racist Severed Head Painting by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:08am On Feb 13, 2018
Artist who Obama chose for portrait exposed for racist 'severed head' paintings (photos)
BY DML NEWS/ FEBRUARY 12, 2018/ SOCIETY

Kehinde Wiley, the artist chosen by former president Barack Obama to paint his official portrait for the Smithsonian National Portrait Gallery, has come under scrutiny after his painting of Obama was unveiled Monday morning.

In his speech at the unveiling ceremony Monday, Obama noted that he had several things in common with the artist, stating that they both had American mothers and African fathers, and that neither of their fathers were active in their lives.

Obama declared that "what I was always struck by when I saw [Wiley's] portraits was the degree to which they challenged our ideas of power and privilege."

Wiley’s work certainly "challenges our ideas." Some of his prior paintings include black women holding the severed heads of white people.

Several Twitter users as asking if government funds were paid to Wiley for his portrait of Obama.

Others are noting the similarity of his chopped-off heads paintings to that of comedian Kathy Griffen, who posed for a photo last year holding the fake severed head of President Trump.

http://dennismichaellynch.com/artist-who-obama-chose-for-portrait-exposed-for-racist-severed-head-paintings/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Artist Who Obama Chose For Portrait Exposed For Racist Severed Head Painting by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:43pm On Feb 15, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Artist who Obama chose for portrait exposed for racist 'severed head' paintings (photos)
BY DML NEWS/ FEBRUARY 12, 2018/ SOCIETY

Kehinde Wiley, the artist chosen by former president Barack Obama to paint his official portrait for the Smithsonian National Portrait Gallery, has come under scrutiny after his painting of Obama was unveiled Monday morning.

In his speech at the unveiling ceremony Monday, Obama noted that he had several things in common with the artist, stating that they both had American mothers and African fathers, and that neither of their fathers were active in their lives.

Obama declared that "what I was always struck by when I saw [Wiley's] portraits was the degree to which they challenged our ideas of power and privilege."

Wiley’s work certainly "challenges our ideas." Some of his prior paintings include black women holding the severed heads of white people.

Several Twitter users as asking if government funds were paid to Wiley for his portrait of Obama.

Others are noting the similarity of his chopped-off heads paintings to that of comedian Kathy Griffen, who posed for a photo last year holding the fake severed head of President Trump.

http://dennismichaellynch.com/artist-who-obama-chose-for-portrait-exposed-for-racist-severed-head-paintings/

Re: Artist Who Obama Chose For Portrait Exposed For Racist Severed Head Painting by LordReed(m): 7:05am On Feb 16, 2018
The name given to the 2 paintings is "JUDITH AND HOLOFERNES" a subject taken from the book of Judith in the Apocryphal Bible.

So yeah Kehinde painted a subject from the Bible and you want to shït your pants, lolz, go figure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Artist Who Obama Chose For Portrait Exposed For Racist Severed Head Painting by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:21am On Feb 16, 2018
LordReed:

The name given to the 2 paintings is "JUDITH AND HOLOFERNES" a subject taken from the book of Judith in the Apocryphal Bible.

So yeah Kehinde painted a subject from the Bible and you want to shït your pants, lolz, go figure.

What would you say if you saw an artist painting the picture of Melanie holding the head of Michael Michaelle Obama?
Re: Artist Who Obama Chose For Portrait Exposed For Racist Severed Head Painting by edmaraja: 3:10pm On Feb 16, 2018
LordReed:

You lied, Gen Holofernes was a man who was beheaded by Judith but kehinde's painting was of a woman holding the severed head of another woman. Can you please tell me anywhere in the book of Judith or even in the entire Bible where a woman beheaded another woman as depicted in kehinde's painting. Obama and his fellow antichristian liberals in the US are just a bunch of hypocrites!!!
Re: Artist Who Obama Chose For Portrait Exposed For Racist Severed Head Painting by LordReed(m): 3:15pm On Feb 16, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

What would you say if you saw an artist painting the picture of Melanie holding the head of Michael Michaelle Obama?

Wrong analogy. If I saw a David with Goliath's head painting or a Jezebel being eaten by dogs painting or a Elijah killing 450 prophets of Baal painting, what should I do or feel?

1 Like

Re: Artist Who Obama Chose For Portrait Exposed For Racist Severed Head Painting by LordReed(m): 3:17pm On Feb 16, 2018
edmaraja:

You lied, Gen Holofernes was a man who was beheaded by Judith but kehinde's painting was of a woman holding the severed head of another woman. Can you please tell me anywhere in the book of Judith or even in the entire Bible where a woman beheaded another woman as depicted in kehinde's painting. Obama and his fellow antichristian liberals in the US are just a bunch of hypocrites!!!

Kehinde's painting is called Judith and Holofernes, you are the one interpreting it as the head of a woman.

1 Like

Re: Artist Who Obama Chose For Portrait Exposed For Racist Severed Head Painting by edmaraja: 3:34pm On Feb 16, 2018
LordReed:

Kehinde's painting is called Judith and Holofernes, you are the one interpreting it as the head of a woman.
Are you kidding me or are u just deliberately shying away from the truth? Well I'm not surprised, it has become the stock in trade of you leftist liberals to twist the truth and embrace falsehood. Barack Obama is no saint. His all cosy and smiley picture with Louis Farrakhan proves it. Or is the picture of him and Farrakhan also an illusion? Obama and his ilks are just bloody hypocrites!!
Re: Artist Who Obama Chose For Portrait Exposed For Racist Severed Head Painting by LordReed(m): 6:30pm On Feb 16, 2018
edmaraja:

Are you kidding me or are u just deliberately shying away from the truth? Well I'm not surprised, it has become the stock in trade of you leftist liberals to twist the truth and embrace falsehood. Barack Obama is no saint. His all cosy and smiley picture with Louis Farrakhan proves it. Or is the picture of him and Farrakhan also an illusion? Obama and his ilks are just bloody hypocrites!!

LoL just like the picture of Trump smiling with the Clintons is proof that he is a rapist and an evil bitch as you lot are wont to address the Clintons. LMAO,

1 Like

Re: Artist Who Obama Chose For Portrait Exposed For Racist Severed Head Painting by edmaraja: 7:56pm On Feb 16, 2018
LordReed:

LoL just like the picture of Trump smiling with the Clintons is proof that he is a rapist and an evil bitch as you lot are wont to address the Clintons. LMAO,
Deflection as usual, another act that has been mastered by liberals. The "demigod" who you guys created for yourself is captured on camera basically feeling at home with and enjoying the company of a character like Louis Farrakhan and your defence is well Trump was also seen with Clinton? What a joke!! Obama knew too well well who Louis Farrakhan was and he chose to be hanging out with someone like that. It just shows that either he supports Louis Farrakhan's extremist views or he at least has no problem with it. Stop deflecting by attacking someone else. We are discussing Barack Obama's actions here and telling me that someone else also did whatever or that the severed head of a woman has somehow miraculously become the head of a man are the lamest excuses you can really cook up. You guys just keep shouting "look at Trump" yet you are extremely blind and prejudiced when it comes to the hypocritical "demigods" you worship. Liberals will only have the moral right to criticise Trump when they have learnt to equally criticise the bullshit among their own leaders too. If not, then they are just being bare faced hypocrites!!
Re: Artist Who Obama Chose For Portrait Exposed For Racist Severed Head Painting by LordReed(m): 10:11pm On Feb 16, 2018
edmaraja:

Deflection as usual, another act that has been mastered by liberals. The "demigod" who you guys created for yourself is captured on camera basically feeling at home with and enjoying the company of a character like Louis Farrakhan and your defence is well Trump was also seen with Clinton? What a joke!! Obama knew too well well who Louis Farrakhan was and he chose to be hanging out with someone like that. It just shows that either he supports Louis Farrakhan's extremist views or he at least has no problem with it. Stop deflecting by attacking someone else. We are discussing Barack Obama's actions here and telling me that someone else also did whatever or that the severed head of a woman has somehow miraculously become the head of a man are the lamest excuses you can really cook up. You guys just keep shouting "look at Trump" yet you are extremely blind and prejudiced when it comes to the hypocritical "demigods" you worship. Liberals will only have the moral right to criticise Trump when they have learnt to equally criticise the bullshit among their own leaders too. If not, then they are just being bare faced hypocrites!!

You are the masters of deflection. We were talking about Kehinde Wiley's paintings then you bring up Louis Farrakhan then have the guts to point fingers at me for deflection, you sir are the fucking joke here. LMAO.

Moral right my foot! You hypocritical bullshiters were the ones riding your high horses up and down condemning Clinton as a rapist but you'd rather choose a thrice married serial cheat over one happily married. You'd rather lick the arse of a man who has no love for his own children over regarding a man who will take time out of his busy schedule to be with his children.

Thunder fire all una mouth wey dey talk morals and support Trump, you are all degenerate hypocritical bullshiters.

2 Likes

Re: Artist Who Obama Chose For Portrait Exposed For Racist Severed Head Painting by usba: 2:00pm On Feb 17, 2018
Olaadebgu always crying for his beloved master's even when he doesn't get the topic he is posting
Re: Artist Who Obama Chose For Portrait Exposed For Racist Severed Head Painting by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:14pm On Feb 17, 2018
usba:

Olaadebgu always crying for his beloved master's even when he doesn't get the topic he is posting

What don't you get about the topic?

(1) (Reply)

Venezuelan President, Maduro Is Charged In The U.S. With Drug Trafficking / Anti-chinese Propaganda Rising. Use Your Heads. / US Inflation : Price Rises Hit Highest Level For 40 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.