Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,842 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? (3131 Views)

How Lucrative Is Pharmacy As A Career? / Can One Be Called An Engineer After Registering With ImechE? / Why You Should Pick A Career And Study In Harvard University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by mycc(f): 1:51pm On Mar 06, 2007
Some people think it's joblessness to say 'I am a singer'. What do you think?
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by beau1(f): 9:42am On Mar 08, 2007
Singing is a gift which not everybody has.

Category 1: Only those who have it as a gift or talent will give up a fine-paying job and venture into singing.

Category 2: However, most people because they've not found their dream job do singing like a part-time thing (this is where the joblessness comes in).

So, singing can actually be a career for the first category.
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by ghettochyk(f): 7:19pm On Mar 19, 2007
@ topic

yes it can, if your gettin paid for it wink
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by Seun(m): 7:21pm On Mar 19, 2007
Yes, I think singing or music can be considered as a good career for someone who is:
1) Blessed with a good voice.
2) Trained on how to make good music with that voice.
3) Able to find well-paying gigs regularly.
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by segedoo(m): 7:44pm On Mar 19, 2007
Ask d banj, p-square, tu face and all the recent grammy winners ok?
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by sisimose(f): 7:47pm On Mar 19, 2007
beau1:

Category 1: Only those who have it as a gift or talent will give up a fine-paying job and venture into singing.

Category 2: However, most people because they've not found their dream job do singing like a part-time thing (this is where the joblessness comes in).

well said Beau smiley, anyone can make a career out of anything based on the factors above, you can even race ants if you got a talent for it and it pays and that too can be a career grin
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by queen2(f): 8:19pm On Mar 19, 2007
U know waht singing is very good if uve got the talent and U can have it as a career.
wat u love to do can actually earn u a living
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by akara(m): 9:23pm On Mar 19, 2007
grin

Singing can be a career if u have what it takes. Not when u open your moutht and everybody starts to yawn or go in search of ear plugs.

@Sisimose

u know the other day on German televsion, people were racing coachroaches. And that was what they did for a living.

shocked
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by sisimose(f): 9:35pm On Mar 19, 2007
akara:

grin

Singing can be a career if u have what it takes. Not when u open your moutht and everybody starts to yawn or go in search of ear plugs.

@Sisimose

u know the other day on German televsion, people were racing coachroaches. And that was what they did for a living.

shocked

egbele! lol i am not surprised , chinesse people race snails and all sorts for gambling lmao . out of interest how did they get those roaches to get to a target you know those thinngs are dumb insects, they move with out a purpose lol grin
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by omogenaija(f): 10:05pm On Mar 19, 2007
let them say ! let them say !
people can say wat they want. most people who say singing isnt a good career cant sing well or at all.

if thats wats in u go for it.
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by sykboi(m): 1:28am On Mar 20, 2007
DUHHHHHH!!!!If u sing good tho
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by munchkins(f): 2:14pm On Mar 20, 2007
A Career is a lifelong thing which i believe you have to be happy doing. if singing works for u and makes u happy , hey why not
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by Orikinla(m): 8:48am On Mar 21, 2007
If you are in an underdeveloped society such as Nigeria where the majority of the people are actually intellectual illiterates, then it would be hard for them to see singing as a professional career. But in developed societies, singing is one of the highly esteemed careers, because you have to study academically or professional to qualify as a singer.

Voice training in music school is as challenging as mastering Physics, because if you go through the rudiments of music, you will go through the same basics as students of mathematics do.

In Nigeria, most of the so called Pop or Hip-Hop singers are actually musical illiterates, because they cannot read and write music.
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by jiggo(m): 11:18am On Mar 21, 2007
my dear, stir up d gifts within u [if na singing] , activate it & die empty, Singing can definitely b a career, i wonda what the world would be without songs,
Only make sure your singing surpasses that of West African Idols grin
beau1:

i love dat analysis
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by 2dye4(m): 4:39pm On Mar 21, 2007
(recap from sister act 2): If u wake up in the morning and the first thing u wanna do is sing and u can, then ur meant to be singer!
Whatever it is, provided its ur passion, it puts food on your table and earns u dignity, it is good enouf to be a career.
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by sirpee50(m): 4:55pm On Mar 21, 2007
singing is good and one of the gifts that makes somebody to become successful in his or her life. but listen to this: do not belong to those people that play copywrite or claim that they refine a music played by some one else. that is not call by God. You will see them on interview claiming they are called to sing for God but at last what are they singing; , copywrite, copywrite and another mans music. it is a pity, if your own is initiated by you, then you are chosen keep it up but if it is copywrite, forget it and ask for your talent, cheers
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by bunmii(f): 7:31pm On Mar 21, 2007
yeah if you are getting paid for it and you love singing then you can call it a career
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by slimnike(m): 2:12am On Mar 22, 2007
For Me,as long it can put food on my table,as long i'm happy doing it. What else can i call a career?
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by chinenyeB(f): 6:46pm On Mar 22, 2007
grin grin.Of course yes.When u re been paid though.but when the reverse is the case,it can be called a hobby or a natural gift.Shikena!Take style and ask Tu face how far or Kennis music the dividend, u go no how far.
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by hola2ng(m): 2:10pm On Mar 23, 2007
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by ronnieslimz(f): 4:55pm On Mar 27, 2007
yup!!
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by mycc(f): 3:11pm On Apr 07, 2007
it's lazy to say ' i'm a singer.'   ,   period  !
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by Seun(m): 6:47pm On Apr 07, 2007
How absird. Would "I am a singer, full stop" be less lazy?
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 11, 2007
the problem with singing as a career is this:

the standard process in a career:
you start at the bottom of the ladder(intern, grade 1, whatever)
over the years(assuming you are upwardly mobile) you advance .
allthings being equal 20, 25 years later , you are on top of your game.

as a singer, there's no defined upward career path.when you consider the music 90% of us listen to, and the dynamics of the industry you may find that a lot of singers have a very short shelf life.( big shot today, DOA tomorrow.(where are so many of the stars of the 90s: SWV, Jade,Blackgirl, Blackky,Junior adn Pretty) the industry is youth oriented, which means that as you grow older, you'll be dragging with kids you could have mothered or fathered(how old is janet jackson?)

a much etter career would be producing.you'd get to stick up up and coming artistes with nastily crafted contracts grin
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by Seun(m): 8:54pm On Apr 22, 2007
All careers are not the same.
Some careers are stable and others are unstable.
Some are lucrative and others are not. But they are all careers!
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by slimnike(m): 2:10am On Jun 02, 2007
Some can still call it a career.
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by ifababa(m): 3:36am On Jun 05, 2007
Well what do you call a career ??,

Talents are born but stars are made , If you have all the talents and you dont go through some knowledge acquisition in music,formally or informally then you are not a prefessional singer just like we have the quack doctors and Quacks in all other profession too,

Singing is a carrer if you acquire the right knowledge for it, Added advantage if you are also naturally talented,

I for instance studied music technology, and im practising as a contract satellite broadcaster,producer,sound and multimedia engineer, So you want to tell me i dont have a carreer or job??

i make a minimum of six figure income in a month, and it all started from singing which i still do,

You still think singing is not a carreer, ? then get yourself examined and weigh how best you are in your field,
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by mycc(f): 4:44pm On Jun 18, 2007
wow
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by tallbroda(m): 6:53pm On Jun 18, 2007
[color=#990000][/color]hi, yes music can feally b taken as a career,if u still dont believe then check out my site on www.ubl.com/lekanskills.com
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by tallbroda(m): 7:01pm On Jun 18, 2007
[color=#990000][/color]hi, yes SINGING can really b taken as a career,if u still dont believe then check out my site on www.ubl.com/lekanskills.com smiley
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by sirpee50(m): 9:43am On Jul 05, 2007
HI DEAR, SINGING IS A VERY NICE AND NATURAL GIFT FROM GOD AND IT IS VERY SCARCE TO HAVE. MEANING, IT IS MORE THAN A CAREER OR JOB AS YOU MAY COMPREHEND IT.

THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF SINGING CAREERS: ONE IS THE NATURALLY INSPIRED SINGERS;
TWO IS THE COPY-WRITE SINGERS. THEY FULL EVERY WHERE IN THE MARKET TODAY.
SOMEONE WILL COME UP AND CLAIM HE OR SHE IS GIFTED WHILE IN HIS OR HER ALBUM SHE BEND DOWN TO COPY AND SING OTHER PEOPLES SONGS. THEN WHAT WILL HE THAT IS GIFTED WILL CLAIM?

AS FAR AS AM CONCERNED, SINSING IS MORE THAN A CAREER AND IT IS NOT EASY TO FORM A SONG THAT PEOPLE WILL LIKE TO BUY. SO IF YOU HAVE ONE , BE VERY PROUD OF IT AND AS SOON AS YOU MAKE UP AN ALBUM, SAY 6 - 8 TRACKS, GO TO THE STUDIO AND PRODUCE IT WITH A GOOD PRODUCER AND THE SKY WILL BE YOUR LIMIT.

IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO GO ABOUT IT, CALL ME HERE 08059597139 OR WRITE ME EMAIL pitomaglobe@yahoo.co.uk AND I WILL HELP YOU OUT PRODUCTION WISE.
BRAVOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by sirpee50(m): 9:48am On Jul 05, 2007
HI, I FORGOT TO TELL YOU THAT YOU EVEN GET MORE POPULAR WHEN YOU ARE A SINGING ARTISTE THAN WHEN YOU ARE A MOVIE ARTISTE.

IN MOVIE ACTING, IT MAY TAKE YOU ONE OR TWO YEARS TO BE POPULAR WHILE IN SINGING, YOUR FIRST ALBUM, AS FAR AS IT IS NICE, WILL MAKE YOU TO BE KNOWN FASTER.

IF THOSE PEOPLE THAT PLAY COPY WRITE CAN BE POPULAR OVER NITE, WHAT OF YOU?
BRAVOOOOOOOOOOO

(1) (2) (Reply)

Salary Arrears Of 731 Former Staff Of Parastatals In Enugu Approved / Hartford Green Consulting Test / For FG Workers: Delay In Salary Payment Since IPPIS Drama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.