Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? (3138 Views)

How Lucrative Is Pharmacy As A Career? / Can One Be Called An Engineer After Registering With ImechE? / Why You Should Pick A Career And Study In Harvard University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by mycc(f): 2:17pm On Jul 08, 2007
;d
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by slimnike(m): 2:00pm On Aug 01, 2007
@mycc, You calling singing a lazy career,makes me feel that you do not know anything about singing. Do you think artist [good artist] just woke up in the morning, go to the studio and do anything they like, or go on stage and sing what ever they like. Look. Its more than that. A matured person should know that no profession is easy.
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by mycc(f): 6:37pm On Aug 28, 2007
hmmmmmmmm
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by mycc(f): 7:04pm On Sep 19, 2007
who is slimnike ?
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by Bosdem(f): 12:11pm On Sep 20, 2007
If it pays ur bill, why not
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by slimnike(m): 4:05am On Sep 22, 2007
mycc:

who is slimnike ?
Who do you think He is ?
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by toksdam(m): 7:32pm On Sep 22, 2007
very much so, it takes a lot to sing and write a meaningfull song if u write and create musik u will know its as challenging as any other profession. we all cant be in the same careers,dats the beauty of life,those who do real meaningful muzik ,cry wen dey see people making a mess of the career,
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by mycc(f): 11:45am On Oct 03, 2007
slimnike:

Who do you think He is ?

too bad, i being think say na woman, sorry
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by mycc(f): 4:31pm On Oct 16, 2007

Re: Should Fuji Music Be Allowed In Church?
« #75 on: Today at 04:12:53 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if the world creeps into the church,i think it is a sign of better things to come. we need a church that is open to the world, a church that does not discriminate. the church must be attractive enough to accomodate the world, if that has started, then let the heavens rejoice, salvation is near.
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by mycc(f): 2:33pm On Oct 31, 2007
lk5j890u
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by slimnike(m): 4:25pm On Nov 20, 2007
The only problem i have with Fuji music is that one just need more strengh to dance to the beat. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by onmyown(m): 3:51pm On Nov 21, 2007
i had struggled personally for some part of my life to make a career either out of singing( music) or what can be termed the norm. my late father had given me the silent treatment for two weeks after at the age of 12 i told him i wanted to be a musician when i grew up. this was an answer to his question that what did i want to become as an adult. my answer was a sincere one as some of the best times i could remember was sitting down at the piano or singing with friends at school and the likes.

i went on and got a degree later in life and worked for sometime as a singer doing gigues here and there with some of the names in the industry today. i also got good opprtunities for a 9 to 5. at a stage i combined the two closing at 6pm to mount a stage at one of the foremost hotel lobbies at 8pm to do a three and half hour show with a female colleague. this went on for three years plus and i remember our pianist is a certain guy today known for nabaaka.

i say all this to say that i took a decision then that i will stick to my career in facility management which i do well and was not too interested in the crazy lifestyle that the stage asks for even when you are not cut out for it.

singing can be a career, you need to learn the ropes, comport youself with the proffessionlism that it deserves and it will put food on your table and more if what i call that lucky break comes your way.
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by mycc(f): 6:07pm On Jan 07, 2008
mmmmmmm
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by mycc(f): 2:36pm On Apr 07, 2008
the song 'IGWE' by MIDNIGHT CREW is great, beautiful composition, great lyrics.
Re: Can 'Singing' Be Called A Career? by mycc(f): 4:57pm On Apr 11, 2008
whyyyy ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet Nigerian Female Soldier In The US Army Who Is A Sniper / Happy Clients = Happy YANKEETOME Team..... / CONHESS Salary Breakdown In Federal Government Hospitals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.