Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,852 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Arraignment Of Retired Army General For Robbery, Attempted Murder Stalled - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Arraignment Of Retired Army General For Robbery, Attempted Murder Stalled (307 Views)

Pastor J.H. Abiona Is Dead: Retired Deputy General Overseer Of RCCG Dies / What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness / Rape: Victoria Nkong 'Bishop Akinola Micheal Fowowe Attempted To Rape Me' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Arraignment Of Retired Army General For Robbery, Attempted Murder Stalled by themomentng: 2:06pm On Feb 13, 2018
The arraignment of a Retired Army General, Alhaji Abdul Rauf Tijjani before a Lagos High Court, Ikeja over allegation of robbery and attempted murder was stalled on Tuesday over his ill health.

67 Year-old Tijjani who is also a recipient of national award of Order of Federal Republic, OFR is standing trial along with one Akanni Suada over allegation of attempting to kill one Maria Febisola by shooting her with a gun.

The state further alleged that Tijjani and Suada whilst armed with a rifle, robbed Febisola of the sum of N2.5m, a hand bag containing some cash and jewelry worth N3m.

Alhaji Tijjani was also alleged to have unlawfully killed an unborn child by causing rupture of the foetus in the womb of one Abidemi Ahmed.

Part of the charge reads: ” Alhaji Abdul Rauf Tijjani, Akanni Suada on the 11th, October, 2013 at about 21:20hrs at No. 117 Akowonjo Road, Lagos, in the Ikeja Judicial Division, attempted to kill one Maria Febisola by shooting her with a gun.

“Alhaji Abdul Rauf Tijjani, Akanni Suada on the 11th, October, 2013 at about 21:20hrs at No. 117 Akowonjo Road, Lagos, in the Ikeja Judicial Division whilst armed with a rifle did rob one Maria Febisola of the sum of N2.5m, a hand bag containing some cash and jewelry worth N3m.

“Alhaji Abdul Rauf Tijjani, Akanni on the 11th, October, 2013 at about 21:20hrs at No. 117 Akowonjo Road, Lagos, in the Ikeja Judicial Division unlawfully killed an unborn child by causing rupture of the foetus in the womb of one Abidemi Ahmed.”

When the matter was mentioned, Tijjani’s lawyer, O.A. Afolabi informed the court that the defendant was rushed to the hospital yesterday after he slumped in prison.

Afolabi said, “My Lord, the prison warders informed me that the 1st defendant, Tijani slumped inside the prison yesterday and has been admitted at the hospital.”

“Since then, he is yet to recover fully in order to appear in court for his arraignment.”

Justice Oshodi adjourned the matter till March 19, 2018 for arraignment.

At an earlier proceeding on February 5, 2018, Afolabi had pleaded for bail for his client whom he said is a Retired General and an Elder Statesman.

The judge however turned down the request and ordered that the defendant by remanded in prison custody pending his arraignment.

Re: Arraignment Of Retired Army General For Robbery, Attempted Murder Stalled by colossus91(m): 2:24pm On Feb 13, 2018
Na dem

(1) (Reply)

Muslim Woman Donates Beverages To Church For Lent / Tithes:god's Judgement Will Be On Pastors Feeding Fat On Members - Tunde Bakare / Rccg March 2018 Holy Communion Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.