Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

Pls Which Of These Cars Is Most Suitable For Cab - Audi 80, Mazda 626, Passat - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Pls Which Of These Cars Is Most Suitable For Cab - Audi 80, Mazda 626, Passat (4926 Views)

Which Car Should I Buy With Maximum N2m For Cab Business? / Very Clean Audi 80 With Chilling AC Up For Grabs / Car Available For Cab Usage...check Out The Deal..very Nice One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Which Of These Cars Is Most Suitable For Cab - Audi 80, Mazda 626, Passat by Gkemz: 3:44pm On Feb 13, 2018
Pls i need your advice on which of these cars to choose for cab(taxi) business. I'm a young hustler who graduated from the university. I'm considering buying Audi 80 or Mazda 626 or Volkswagen Passat for the purpose of cab business while waiting for job. My consideration is based on fuel consumption, durability and cost of maintenance. With this, i will be able to sponsor my masters and PhD program which i intend doing so as to increase my chances of securing a job in the university. Thank you for your suggestions. I have a budget of over 300k
Re: Pls Which Of These Cars Is Most Suitable For Cab - Audi 80, Mazda 626, Passat by chapie95(m): 4:42pm On Feb 13, 2018
Mazda 323 or 323f should be okay for cab as well.....
Re: Pls Which Of These Cars Is Most Suitable For Cab - Audi 80, Mazda 626, Passat by Taiwo20(m): 7:47pm On Feb 13, 2018
passat station wagon....thank me later

1 Like

Re: Pls Which Of These Cars Is Most Suitable For Cab - Audi 80, Mazda 626, Passat by Gkemz: 12:36am On Feb 14, 2018
chapie95:
Mazda 323 or 323f should be okay for cab as well.....

That option is out of the box. The fuel consumption is high in addition to over heating. In any case, thanks for your suggestion
Re: Pls Which Of These Cars Is Most Suitable For Cab - Audi 80, Mazda 626, Passat by Gkemz: 12:44am On Feb 14, 2018
Taiwo20:
passat station wagon....thank me later

What about it's cost of maintenance, fuel consumption.. Did you put these factors into consideration. Remember it mustn't necessarily be automatic. Thanks for your contribution anyway.
Re: Pls Which Of These Cars Is Most Suitable For Cab - Audi 80, Mazda 626, Passat by Larrybabs55555(m): 1:55am On Feb 14, 2018
Mazda is the best among ur list cos of the maintance .... Very economical... U will regret trying Passat cos the parts r not something u can get everywhere like Japanese u only get then at oju elegba if in Lagos... And u nees to consider the electrical faults... Audi is also a no go area for.transport ...
Re: Pls Which Of These Cars Is Most Suitable For Cab - Audi 80, Mazda 626, Passat by ogtavia(m): 3:23am On Feb 14, 2018
get audi 5000 instead...very strong..fast,large interior space..
Re: Pls Which Of These Cars Is Most Suitable For Cab - Audi 80, Mazda 626, Passat by Gkemz: 9:30am On Feb 14, 2018
Larrybabs55555:
Mazda is the best among ur list cos of the maintance .... Very economical... U will regret trying Passat cos the parts r not something u can get everywhere like Japanese u only get then at oju elegba if in Lagos... And u nees to consider the electrical faults... Audi is also a no go area for.transport ...

Thanks bro. I really appreciate your advise.
Re: Pls Which Of These Cars Is Most Suitable For Cab - Audi 80, Mazda 626, Passat by Gkemz: 9:38am On Feb 14, 2018
ogtavia:
get audi 5000 instead...very strong..fast,large interior space..

I'm not actually bothered about the factors you mentioned (fast, large interior). So long as it's economical to maintain. Remember I'm not buying it for pleasure but for commercial purposes. Thanks anyway for your advise.
Re: Pls Which Of These Cars Is Most Suitable For Cab - Audi 80, Mazda 626, Passat by ogtavia(m): 11:13am On Feb 14, 2018
Gkemz:

I'm not actually bothered about the factors you mentioned (fast, large interior). So long as it's economical to maintain. Remember I'm not buying it for pleasure but for commercial purposes. Thanks anyway for your advise.
parts are cheap, good fuel economy...the real problem is getting the vehicle...
Re: Pls Which Of These Cars Is Most Suitable For Cab - Audi 80, Mazda 626, Passat by fuckwell2080: 1:56pm On Feb 14, 2018
you can go for madza.good fuel economy. easy to maintain but remember if you don't have money to maintain a car don't think of getting one otherwise you will go broke and jump from pillar to post getting loans,borrowing and so on.car is like a second wife. you fuel everyday, and also service and take care of any other problem of the car that can occur anytime. like changing of shafts,bearing,balljoint,batteries, tyres and lot more.my friend bought a car for 300k and end up spending 380k to put the car in order. As am talking to you now is planning of selling the car for 250k to pay debt and no money for maintenance.after he has put the car in a good condition.very big loss.The car was tag buy and drive but he knows nothing about cars.he did not consult me first.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pls Which Of These Cars Is Most Suitable For Cab - Audi 80, Mazda 626, Passat by Gkemz: 4:50pm On Feb 14, 2018
fuckwell2080:
you can go for madza.good fuel economy. easy to maintain but remember if you don't have money to maintain a car don't think of getting one otherwise you will go broke and jump from pillar to post getting loans,borrowing and so on.car is like a second wife. you fuel everyday, and also service and take care of any other problem of the car that can occur anytime. like changing of shafts,bearing,balljoint,batteries, tyres and lot more.my friend bought a car for 300k and end up spending 380k to put the car in order. As am talking to you now is planning of selling the car for 250k to pay debt and no money for maintenance.after he has put the car in a good condition.very big loss.The car was tag buy and drive but he knows nothing about cars.he did not consult me first.

That's very unfortunate for your friend. He failed to do proper inquiry or consult an expert before buying. As you rightly pointed out, maintenance is very paramount while considering a car to buy. Thank you for your advise. I really appreciate
Re: Pls Which Of These Cars Is Most Suitable For Cab - Audi 80, Mazda 626, Passat by temmym4(m): 5:25pm On Feb 14, 2018
I have used 2 of the car brands you posted.
Mazda 626 and Audi 80.

I actually don't know the particular year of Mazda 626 u are actually aquiring, but in terms of physical appearance, i think mazda is ok. But only get this if u are getting a tokunbo.
Mazda cars are very good, better used as a private vehicle but when you are using it as a commercial car, pay attention to the engine. I mean real attention.

Mechanically, the strongest car i have ever had my hands on till date is an Audi 80. I always compare that car to Nokia 3310.

It depends on what your preference is though, either looks or engine.

If u dont have much to spend in terms of maintanance, Go for the Audi 80.

4 Likes

Re: Pls Which Of These Cars Is Most Suitable For Cab - Audi 80, Mazda 626, Passat by ray48: 8:19pm On Feb 14, 2018
temmym4:
Mazda 626 and Audi 80.

I actually don't know the particular year of Mazda 626 u are actually aquiring, but in terms of physical appearance, i think mazda is ok. But only get this if u are getting a tokunbo.
Mazda cars are very good, better used as a private vehicle but when you are using it as a commercial car, pay attention to the engine. I mean real attention.

Mechanically, the strongest car i have ever had my hands on till date is an Audi 80. I always compare that car to Nokia 3310.

I agree with u intoto

1 Like

Re: Pls Which Of These Cars Is Most Suitable For Cab - Audi 80, Mazda 626, Passat by Gkemz: 1:34am On Feb 17, 2018
temmym4:
Mazda 626 and Audi 80.

Thank you for your advise and to all those that contributed, i really appreciate your wonderful contributions. I've finally decided to settle for Audi 80.
Please which of the Audi 80 options is better (manual transmission or automatic transmission).
Re: Pls Which Of These Cars Is Most Suitable For Cab - Audi 80, Mazda 626, Passat by samuel051: 2:38am On Feb 17, 2018
Gkemz:

Thank you for your advise and to all those that contributed, i really appreciate your wonderful contributions. I've finally decided to settle for Audi 80.
Please which of the Audi 80 options is better (manual transmission or automatic transmission).
go for manual.it has a lot of advantages using it as a cab that's what is used here in Benin city.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls Which Of These Cars Is Most Suitable For Cab - Audi 80, Mazda 626, Passat by lade007(m): 4:48am On Feb 17, 2018
Hello...I can get a very clean and sound tokunbo Audi 80 for you @ 890k. You can contact me if interested
Re: Pls Which Of These Cars Is Most Suitable For Cab - Audi 80, Mazda 626, Passat by Gkemz: 7:20am On Feb 17, 2018
samuel051:
go for manual.it has a lot of advantages using it as a cab that's what is used here in Benin city.

Thanks bro. You have a point.
Re: Pls Which Of These Cars Is Most Suitable For Cab - Audi 80, Mazda 626, Passat by Gkemz: 7:23am On Feb 17, 2018
lade007:
Hello...I can get a very clean and sound tokunbo Audi 80 for you @ 890k. You can contact me if interested

Sorry bro, I'm constrained by my budget.

1 Like

Re: Pls Which Of These Cars Is Most Suitable For Cab - Audi 80, Mazda 626, Passat by temmym4(m): 7:28am On Feb 17, 2018
Gkemz:

Get a manual Transmission. Auto isn't an option for you.

Also, i hope you are aware there are actually 2 types of Audi 80 versions (4 actually but the other 2 are very old models)

Audi 80 B3 Popularly called EGG

Audi 80 B4 called TIGER FACE.

get the B4, it is the face lifted/prettier body version of the Audi 80.
Re: Pls Which Of These Cars Is Most Suitable For Cab - Audi 80, Mazda 626, Passat by Gkemz: 8:23am On Feb 17, 2018
temmym4:

Also, i hope you are aware there are actually 2 types of Audi 80 versions (4 actually but the other 2 are very old models)

Tiger face B4 is what i actually had in mind. Thanks for your thoughtful suggestions.
Re: Pls Which Of These Cars Is Most Suitable For Cab - Audi 80, Mazda 626, Passat by lade007(m): 8:24am On Feb 17, 2018
Gkemz:

Sorry bro, I'm constrained by my budget.

Okay bro..but be very careful if you're purchasing a used Audi 80. All the best in your business venture
Re: Pls Which Of These Cars Is Most Suitable For Cab - Audi 80, Mazda 626, Passat by Gkemz: 8:58am On Feb 17, 2018
lade007:

Okay bro..but be very careful if you're purchasing a used Audi 80. All the best in your business venture

Thanks for your best wishes and also for the warning. Pls sorry for asking too many questions, what are the possible issues/problems associated with buying a used Audi 80 (tiger face) which i should look out for. I don't want to acquire a liability.
Re: Pls Which Of These Cars Is Most Suitable For Cab - Audi 80, Mazda 626, Passat by lade007(m): 11:06am On Feb 17, 2018
Gkemz:

Thanks for your best wishes and also for the warning. Pls sorry for asking too many questions, what are the possible issues/problems associated with buying a used Audi 80 (tiger face) which i should look out for. I don't want to acquire a liability.

Nothing specific just the hidden faults associated with used cars although not all. Just to be careful and be sure

All the best
Re: Pls Which Of These Cars Is Most Suitable For Cab - Audi 80, Mazda 626, Passat by Gkemz: 2:01pm On Feb 17, 2018
lade007:

Nothing specific just the hidden faults associated with used cars although not all. Just to be careful and be sure

All the best

Before purchase is made, my mechanic friend will have to do a thorough check on it and if he's satisfied, I'll go ahead with the proceedings.
Once again thanks bro. I really appreciate your concern.

1 Like

Re: Pls Which Of These Cars Is Most Suitable For Cab - Audi 80, Mazda 626, Passat by nickxtra(m): 3:29pm On Feb 17, 2018
Gkemz:
Pls i need your advice on which of these cars to choose for cab(taxi) business. I'm a young hustler who graduated from the university. I'm considering buying Audi 80 or Mazda 626 or Volkswagen Passat for the purpose of cab business while waiting for job. My consideration is based on fuel consumption, durability and cost of maintenance. With this, i will be able to sponsor my masters and PhD program which i intend doing so as to increase my chances of securing a job in the university. Thank you for your suggestions. I have a budget of over 300k
Why not go for Volkswagen Golf 3( the hunchback or wagon)?
Re: Pls Which Of These Cars Is Most Suitable For Cab - Audi 80, Mazda 626, Passat by Gkemz: 4:13pm On Feb 17, 2018
nickxtra:
Why not go for Volkswagen Golf 3( the hunchback or wagon)?

I don't just like golf. Apart from being so rampant on the road, it's not spacious enough to comfortably contain six passengers. I consider passengers comfort. If not of it's less fuel economy and constant maintenance, i would have gone for sienna bus.
Thank you for your suggestion.
Re: Pls Which Of These Cars Is Most Suitable For Cab - Audi 80, Mazda 626, Passat by nickxtra(m): 5:01pm On Feb 17, 2018
Gkemz:

I don't just like golf. Apart from being so rampant on the road, it's not spacious enough to comfortably contain six passengers. I consider passengers comfort. If not of it's less fuel economy and constant maintenance, i would have gone for sienna bus.
I thought the Golf 3 wagon is more spacious than the specs you preferred. Anyway, you go with your heart.
Re: Pls Which Of These Cars Is Most Suitable For Cab - Audi 80, Mazda 626, Passat by Rubbiish(m): 7:43pm On Feb 17, 2018
Gkemz:

Sir why not go for toyata corolla 2001 model or avalon 1998 model?
I am planning on getting any of the two for same cab purpose.
Re: Pls Which Of These Cars Is Most Suitable For Cab - Audi 80, Mazda 626, Passat by Rubbiish(m): 7:45pm On Feb 17, 2018
temmym4:

Sir what are the issues with auto for cab?
I m planning on getting a 2001 toyota corolla with auto transmission for same purpose.
Re: Pls Which Of These Cars Is Most Suitable For Cab - Audi 80, Mazda 626, Passat by Gkemz: 2:21am On Feb 18, 2018
Rubbiish:

Sir why not go for toyata corolla 2001 model or avalon 1998 model?
I am planning on getting any of the two for same cab purpose.

I believe these your options will certainly go well for private usage or for airport shuttle with a limited number of usage per day. However, it may not really be perfect for a full time commercial because of its fuel consumption and maintenance owing to its automatic tranny. Secondly, operating a manual transmission gives you total control over your vehicle with no headache about gear selection or electrical faults or transmission fluid. Remember as a businessman, It's not about how attractive and pleasurable ur vehicle looks but how reliable and economical it is to maintain. Though my opinion.
Re: Pls Which Of These Cars Is Most Suitable For Cab - Audi 80, Mazda 626, Passat by Nobody: 4:10am On Feb 18, 2018
Gkemz:

I believe these your options will certainly go well for private usage or for airport shuttle with a limited number of usage per day. However, it may not really be perfect for a full time commercial because of its fuel consumption and maintenance owing to its automatic tranny. Secondly, operating a manual transmission gives you total control over your vehicle with no headache about gear selection or electrical faults or transmission fluid. Remember as a businessman, It's not about how attractive and pleasurable ur vehicle looks but how reliable and economical it is to maintain. Though my opinion.
What's your location? I ask because of accessibility to VW Audi parts.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Foreign Used 2009 Toyota Corolla LE Clean Title N2.9m Slightly Negotiable / Replacing Fuel Pump Assy On My Kawasaki Ninja 650 / SOLD!!! 2009 Honda Civic For Cheap Sale- N1.6m SOLD!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.