Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

LAGOS Yoruba Language LAW:: National Policy On Education (NPE) Stipulates That - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LAGOS Yoruba Language LAW:: National Policy On Education (NPE) Stipulates That (1005 Views)

Hensard University Announces Policy On Installmental Payment Of Tuition / FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities / Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

LAGOS Yoruba Language LAW:: National Policy On Education (NPE) Stipulates That by deomelllo: 10:30pm On Feb 13, 2018
National Policy on Education (NPE) stipulates that the medium of instruction should be the language of the immediate environment of the child. Schools are free to select such Nigerian Language to be taught.

http://www.nerdc.org.ng/eCurriculum/CurriculumSTructure.aspx

Case Closed......... grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: LAGOS Yoruba Language LAW:: National Policy On Education (NPE) Stipulates That by deomelllo: 10:41pm On Feb 13, 2018
So, where are the jokers shouting Constitution and human rights?

Obviously, Lagos state not only followed the Law, they did exactly what the constitution and the FG recommended.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAGOS Yoruba Language LAW:: National Policy On Education (NPE) Stipulates That by baralatie(m): 11:17pm On Feb 13, 2018
Basic Education (Primary 1-3)
Minimum of 6 subjects; Maximum of 7 subjects
Subjects Explanatory Notes

English Studies
i. Official National Language
ii. Medium of Instruction in schools
iii. The subject predisposes itself for the infusion of the following Road Safety Education, Disaster Risk Reduction Education, Consumer Education.
iv. Subject include Literature - in - English

Mathematics
i. Fundamental discipline for science and technological development
ii. Important for everyday life

Nigerian Languages
i. National Policy on Education (NPE) stipulates that the medium of instruction should be the language of the immediate environment of the child.
ii. Schools are free to select such Nigerian Language to be taught.

Basic Science and Technology (BST)
. Each of the listed components will serve as themes for the Basic Science and Technology curriculum
ii. Climate change is part of Basic Science theme
iii. Disaster Risk Reduction Education and Consumer Education are infused into Basic Science and Technology Curriculum
iv. Create enabling environment for the subject in all schools by making computers available in schools

Religion and National Values (RNV)
i. Listed components will serve as themes in the Religion and National Values Curriculum
ii. Contents are planned for all children to take Social Studies, Civic Education and Security Education themes
iii. Separate classes should be run for CRS theme and IS theme
iv. Consumer Education, Disaster Risk Reduction Education and Peace and Conflict Resolution curricula are infused into the Civic Education, Social Studies and Security Education Themes.
v. Create enabling environment for the subject in all schools

Cultural & Creative Arts (CCA)
i. Important for preservation of our cultural Heritage and fostering Creativity.

Arabic Language
i. Optional

1 Like

Re: LAGOS Yoruba Language LAW:: National Policy On Education (NPE) Stipulates That by baralatie(m): 11:19pm On Feb 13, 2018
deomelllo:
So, where are the jokers shouting Constitution and human rights?

Obviously, Lagos state not only followed the Law, they did exactly what the constitution and the FG recommended.

but erred if they say for its tertiary institution an applicant will need a pass in linguistics to be given admission
Re: LAGOS Yoruba Language LAW:: National Policy On Education (NPE) Stipulates That by Les: 11:38pm On Feb 13, 2018
Open, I don't know what you are really trying to prove, but there's no correlation between the npe stipulations and the law passed by the LSG. don't let tribalism and bigotry cloud your sense of reasoning!

(1) (Reply)

Polyibadan Admission Into Fulltime Nd And Hnd For 2018/2019 Academic Session / 2019 JAMB UTME Checking Thread / How Much Can You Earn While Studying In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.