Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,914 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Study Reveals Drinking Hot Tea Could Lead To Esophageal Cancer - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Study Reveals Drinking Hot Tea Could Lead To Esophageal Cancer (663 Views)

Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo / Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor / Drinking Hot Tea May Give You Cancer - Researchers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Study Reveals Drinking Hot Tea Could Lead To Esophageal Cancer by clementy117(m): 8:03am On Feb 14, 2018
Drinking hot or burning hot tea is associated with an increased risk for esophageal cancer when combined with excessive alcohol or tobacco use, a recent study showed.

The study, published Tuesday in the medical journal Annals of internal medicine, was conducted by Chinese researchers from the Department of epidemiology and Bio statistics at Peking University.

The study collected data from a total of 456,155 Chinese participants aged between thirty and seventy nine and lasted for an average period of over nine year.

By 2015, it found that one,731 people who did not have cancer at the initiation of the study were diagnosed with esophageal cancer.

“High-temperature tea drinking combined with either alcohol consumption or smoking was associated with a greater risk for esophageal cancer than hot tea drinking alone,” said the study.

To Read more and subscribe to Newsletter on our site :
http://infocontemporary.com/2018/02/07/study-reveals-drinking-hot-tea-could-lead-to-esophageal-cancer/
Re: Study Reveals Drinking Hot Tea Could Lead To Esophageal Cancer by BeingFrank(m): 8:17am On Feb 14, 2018
I Read That Cold Water Is Potentially Harmful To Health, I Adjusted To Warm Water, Now They Are Coming For My Comfortable Zone. Wetin Go Come Dey Drink?

1 Like

Re: Study Reveals Drinking Hot Tea Could Lead To Esophageal Cancer by royallord1(m): 8:18am On Feb 14, 2018
STUDY ALSO SHOWS THAT DRINKING COLD WATER CAN LEAD TO COLON CANCER

1 Like

Re: Study Reveals Drinking Hot Tea Could Lead To Esophageal Cancer by internationalman(m): 8:30am On Feb 14, 2018
Who drinks cold tea in the first place.. And why isn't everyone dead? ☆Happy☆ ♡Valentine's♡

1 Like

Re: Study Reveals Drinking Hot Tea Could Lead To Esophageal Cancer by clementy117(m): 1:15pm On Feb 14, 2018
NOt just hot tea, combination of hot tea and smoking and alcohol are the risk factor
Re: Study Reveals Drinking Hot Tea Could Lead To Esophageal Cancer by clementy117(m): 1:17pm On Feb 14, 2018
BeingFrank:
I Read That Cold Water Is Potentially Harmful To Health, I Adjusted To Warm Water, Now They Are Coming For My Comfortable Zone. Wetin Go Come Dey Drink?

try lukewarm...lol
Re: Study Reveals Drinking Hot Tea Could Lead To Esophageal Cancer by BeingFrank(m): 1:49pm On Feb 14, 2018
clementy117:

try lukewarm...lol
Abi Ooo My Brother. But Na Wetin Our Ancestors Them Use Still Die Very Old

1 Like

Re: Study Reveals Drinking Hot Tea Could Lead To Esophageal Cancer by clementy117(m): 9:38pm On Feb 15, 2018
na so o
Re: Study Reveals Drinking Hot Tea Could Lead To Esophageal Cancer by clementy117(m): 4:54pm On May 26, 2018
Our forefathers ate less of junk foods

(1) (Reply)

Schoolgirl Dies In Benue State After Being Operated On By A Lab Scientist / See how I almost died because of fake protein supplement I bought / Help My 16 Month Old Son Is Toe Walking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.