Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,991 members, 7,838,507 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Docs In D House,at What Age Should A Woman Start Going For Annual Pap Smear And Mamogram - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Docs In D House,at What Age Should A Woman Start Going For Annual Pap Smear And Mamogram (720 Views)

Docs In The House Abeg Come Help Me / Docs In D House, Is It Possible To Get Pregnant When One Is Not Ovulating? / The Pap Smear (Test For Cervical Cancer)! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Docs In D House,at What Age Should A Woman Start Going For Annual Pap Smear And Mamogram by tess4real(f): 7:36am On Apr 22, 2010
Hi,docs in d house, with all the cancer scare making the rounds,i want to know the right age for a pap smear and mamogram
Re: Docs In D House,at What Age Should A Woman Start Going For Annual Pap Smear And Mamogram by agathamari(f): 4:44pm On Apr 22, 2010
pap smear every 2-3 years from the time you begin having se/x  (every year if you test positive for hpv)
mamogram ever 2 years after age 40, every year after age 50 (earlier if you have a family history)
Re: Docs In D House,at What Age Should A Woman Start Going For Annual Pap Smear And Mamogram by lannre(m): 7:28pm On Apr 23, 2010
and for God sake what is pap smear and mamogram ?
Re: Docs In D House,at What Age Should A Woman Start Going For Annual Pap Smear And Mamogram by agathamari(f): 12:35pm On Apr 24, 2010
lannre:

and for God sake what is pap smear and mamogram ?
please tell me your joking?

mamogram is an exam of the breast to check for unusual tissue growth (checks for cancer) and is similar to a mri as far as technology goes. a woman stands and has her breast smooshed between two plates and a scan is done- the dr examines the film to see the internal structure

a pap smear is a swab taken of the cervix (again to check for cancer) and the cells are examined under a microscope to check for any abnormal cell structures
Re: Docs In D House,at What Age Should A Woman Start Going For Annual Pap Smear And Mamogram by lannre(m): 1:05pm On Apr 24, 2010
agathamari:

please tell me your joking?

I AM NOT JOKING OH !, Thank you for the explanation
Re: Docs In D House,at What Age Should A Woman Start Going For Annual Pap Smear And Mamogram by Pittbaby(f): 5:46pm On Apr 24, 2010
in a country where there is limited education on HPV and herpes , STDs that a condom can not prevent I am not surprised that someone does not know what a pap smear is , afterall a little craw craw does not kill and HPV as very little implications for men.

Don't forget that they do increase your chances of contracting the deadily STDs like Hep B and HIV
Re: Docs In D House,at What Age Should A Woman Start Going For Annual Pap Smear And Mamogram by agathamari(f): 6:58pm On Apr 24, 2010
^^^^^ true i keep forgeting how many people here think condoms are 100% effective afaist all std's  (only half are preventable and condoms are only 75-90% effective)

dont forget hep c - its like hep b on steroids  grin.   now they think hpv is linked to testicular cancer

tess i forgot - ever 8-12 months if you test positive for the breast cancer gene mutation regardless of age

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Be With Ardyss / I Need Help Urgently / Our Health Is Our Wealth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.