Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,109 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

How Important Is Getting A Professional Certificate In Nigerian Job Market?? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Important Is Getting A Professional Certificate In Nigerian Job Market?? (10707 Views)

Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job / Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job / Ordeals Of A Nigerian Job Seeker In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Important Is Getting A Professional Certificate In Nigerian Job Market?? by olumbest(m): 8:24am On Feb 19, 2018
One problem I have with all these NYSC shit is how poor their teaching is. They can't give you value for anything.
Jus gerraradia. Get a job. And knw wat next.
I'm even ashamed to say i learnt solar technology during NYSC because it was only a regurgitation of what i learnt in school, upon say i pay dem 21k.
Save ur allowee for the job search.

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Getting A Professional Certificate In Nigerian Job Market?? by naijafox(m): 8:29am On Feb 19, 2018
blaise00700:
For Information Technology related jobs, it is a must.

In my company, your professional certificate is more important than your degree.

How important is Ccna
Re: How Important Is Getting A Professional Certificate In Nigerian Job Market?? by nenergy(m): 9:06am On Feb 19, 2018
Professional certifications are better than Masters for sure!
Re: How Important Is Getting A Professional Certificate In Nigerian Job Market?? by BennyMaiNasara(m): 9:26am On Feb 19, 2018
How professional could it be when you haven't gotten any job experience? get a job first then you'll know which one is relevant . Advisable you save your allowee first.

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Getting A Professional Certificate In Nigerian Job Market?? by Amazon24(f): 10:28am On Feb 19, 2018
Am a corp member too in kogi state. I studied Public health and want to participate in it by doing.HSE,HRM.in my own view I believe no added certificate is wasted.I knew people that got work based on professional course leaving there B.sc aside .if you have the money go for it and believe it will work well for you.
Re: How Important Is Getting A Professional Certificate In Nigerian Job Market?? by damzy88: 10:53am On Feb 19, 2018
OboOlora:
Op, it depends on a lot of things; your profession, whether you plan to stay or relocate, whether you plan to work as an employee till you retire or you plan to start your own biz at 40 etc.

If you are a Dr or in one of the top medical fields, you don’t need any of those shitty certifications. A continuing education locally of foreign conferences will be just fine.

If you plan to relocate abroad, foreign certifications like PMI, ACCA or PHRi will be just fine.

But ask yourself, what are your long term goals?
This is it.
Re: How Important Is Getting A Professional Certificate In Nigerian Job Market?? by Emeksman: 11:22am On Feb 19, 2018
My dear go and do project management certification course it will help you a lot, if have money again join it with certification on supply chain.
Re: How Important Is Getting A Professional Certificate In Nigerian Job Market?? by geoinvestor(m): 11:32am On Feb 19, 2018
blaise00700:
For Information Technology related jobs, it is a must.

In my company, your professional certificate is more important than your degree.
Please, can you suggest marketable ICT professional cert?

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Getting A Professional Certificate In Nigerian Job Market?? by nkemjacob2(m): 11:34am On Feb 19, 2018
let me advice you my friend. prof. certificate in nigeria does not matter. go and secure a job before furthering for prof. certificate. i will advice you develop a skills and build on it . is far better than prof. certificate
Re: How Important Is Getting A Professional Certificate In Nigerian Job Market?? by InvertedHammer: 12:09pm On Feb 19, 2018
Amicable22:
I am a serving Corper having about months left to finish service. I really want to know if having a professional certificate is really important in getting a good job or any job at all.
And can anyone(working class) vouch for CHARTERED INSTITUTE OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT?.. I am thinking of going for that.

It is better to have a gun and don't need it than need a gun but don't have it.

/
Re: How Important Is Getting A Professional Certificate In Nigerian Job Market?? by habdolleez: 1:00pm On Feb 19, 2018
What course did u study?

In my opinion, it is not very marketable.
I have a Project Management Professional Certification from Comptia Project+, an international body, I also possess a Customer Relationship Management Professional qualification, and both certifications are somehow limited. I'm presently writing ICAN now.
I'll advice you to go for a professional qualification that is marketable and highly in demand, if you can't afford ICAN nw, try to do NIM, CIBN or CITN they are cheaper, and will be more relevant than d project mangt.

Wow!!! Project management is becoming d next big thing by 2020 so that's an opportunity for bro... More company will need project management by 2020 because of their capital project... I am presently at d final stage of ICAN and am planning to go for project management in Canada by 2019.

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Getting A Professional Certificate In Nigerian Job Market?? by OShepherd: 1:23pm On Feb 19, 2018
simplemach:
Just know the right people in the right places and with Olevel, you can be anywhere, this is Nigeria.
What a shithole country we run, where an O'level is a SeniorManager and uses those dirty antics to prevent the freshblood from getting employment except the young chap is highly connected! cool
Re: How Important Is Getting A Professional Certificate In Nigerian Job Market?? by DonroxyII: 2:15pm On Feb 19, 2018
Amicable22:
Thanks a lot...I had interest in getting the ICAN CERTIFICATE but even as a Corper , it is quite costly (50k).. so I decided to leave it till when I get a better paying job. so I am thinking about getting the chartered institute of project management, they offer both the professional cert and a diploma and it costs just 26k...but my worry is, is it worth it?
If u studied Accounting, I will advise you .. Start your ICAN now .... Start Now , Now and Now !!!

It's not necessary you write all, u can start from 1 or 2 papers and keep writing ....

My token ooo .....

All those 26k certifications as far as I am concerned do not worth it on a general note unless you get a specific Job that requires these qualification(s)

I have Nigerian Institute of Mgt( Graduate Member and Proficiency Certificate) .... it's useless in my hand in the last 6years maybe it will be useful in the future sha ....

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Getting A Professional Certificate In Nigerian Job Market?? by AK481(m): 3:27pm On Feb 19, 2018
Amicable22:
Thanks a lot...I had interest in getting the ICAN CERTIFICATE but even as a Corper , it is quite costly (50k).. so I decided to leave it till when I get a better paying job. so I am thinking about getting the chartered institute of project management, they offer both the professional cert and a diploma and it costs just 26k...but my worry is, is it worth it?

forget cipm do ican now and chop belleful later.

pay small small
Re: How Important Is Getting A Professional Certificate In Nigerian Job Market?? by och12(m): 11:56pm On Feb 20, 2018
joedejoe:
@OCH12
I am interested in Customer Relationship Management Professional Certificate.

Kindly advise.

Professional certificates have great value in getting a job and more so senior level management position. It is a requirement like your first degree and NYSC discharge/exemption certificate.
Go for NIM asap. Induction comes up in March.
God help you.

Yh, I can attest to the fact that they do.
I was more employable with my CRM and PMP certificates and knowledge.
Check New Horizons Ltd, you may google. They give the certificate after you've gone through theoretical and practical course modules. And there are many other providers too.
Re: How Important Is Getting A Professional Certificate In Nigerian Job Market?? by shekonz(m): 10:10pm On Mar 03, 2018
step16:
Any member of NIM here, has problem filling the referee, referee must be a member of NIM

I am a member

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can I Get A Job In A Polytechnic? / Urgent Recruitment At Alerzo / Nigeria Customs List Of Successful Canadidate 2019 Update 16th May,2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.