Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Can Freelance Be The Answer To The Prayers Of Unemployed Nigerians? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can Freelance Be The Answer To The Prayers Of Unemployed Nigerians? (15411 Views)

Unemployed Nigerians Find Solace In Sports Betting, Make It Full-time Job / Can Affiliate Marketing Be The Ultimate Employer Of Unemployed Nigerian Youths? / 10 Questions Unemployed Nigerians Are Asking About Freelancing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Freelance Be The Answer To The Prayers Of Unemployed Nigerians? by ibori1(m): 6:21pm On Feb 15, 2018
Nuelcoco:
The only freelance job in Nigeria that pay is yahoo yahoo oh! !!!!
Nigerians am I lying?

u r lieing,anyway I get fbk acct to sell 10yrs

lol
Re: Can Freelance Be The Answer To The Prayers Of Unemployed Nigerians? by deleo16(m): 6:27pm On Feb 15, 2018
EDonHappen:
Put this in your diary,

Ni-lance is a freelance website in Nigeria, they are currently having a technical problem with their website, but they will be back soon as promised. They are actually reliable.

www.ni-lance.com
I think www.dirlance.com is good a also I got a job from this website last week
Re: Can Freelance Be The Answer To The Prayers Of Unemployed Nigerians? by eldee365: 6:32pm On Feb 15, 2018
MChaze25:
Well freelancing is bae..being an online network marketer and consultant, last year i started making 40-50k in a week..calculate that in one month!
I was my own boss and the recommendations poured in like madness even till now.

Any week I make 10-15k, I consider it a bad week. I pray and work harder.
Its not easy being a freelancer in marketing coz your clients need results to sell their brands fast or else they stop coming to you..

My friends want to key in but I keep telling them, this job needs stamina and energy.
Not just your usual 9-5 pm jobs.

I now have foreign clients too, thanks to God.

Many people still think am a yahoo boy but I don't even use Laptop... Lol

The harder you work, the luckier you get.
cc psamie

Boss, what skills are you offering? please suggest skills I can learn via YouTube, note am not good with graphics or writing!
please am on fiverr already but no skill...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Freelance Be The Answer To The Prayers Of Unemployed Nigerians? by Cromagnon: 6:39pm On Feb 15, 2018
youngmajor:
[img]https://3.bp..com/-3ZQLJ49I500/WoVk3a1gKqI/AAAAAAAAAKg/mn_P1oh8EkUB73rPj4pbrqB3W3q_z52rQCLcBGAs/s1600/freelance-job-nigeria.jpeg[/img]
What do you do when you have skills it took you time, efforts and money to acquire but no organization wants to hire you because the economy is bad or they already have enough staff on their payroll? The answer is pretty straightforward – freelance. The concept of freelance has been used in many developed countries and has successfully curbed unemployment issues to a fairly large extent.

Freelance is an arrangement where you work independently and sell your skills directly to various clients. Unlike regular jobs, with freelance, you’re in charge of everything. Freelance is a business even though it’s also professional in nature. If you treat it that way, the days of worrying about good jobs may just be over. The reason is that the priority of clients is that you make quality deliveries within the stipulated deadline and they will gladly pay you for your time and efforts.

Take a cue from the US

As stated earlier, unemployed (or underemployed) people in developed nations have resorted to freelance rather than crime or staying idle. This is a sharp contrast to what many people do in Nigeria. In fact, Forbes conducted a research on this subject and found out that 35 percent of the U.S. working population are freelancers. That translates to about 55 million Americans! They don’t work under organizations; they don’t have a boss; they don’t complain about the government as we do but they’re earning legitimately! That speaks volumes.

Why freelance will still be relevant in future

One of the concerns of many people is that freelance will fade in a matter of years and they’d be back to square one. Well, if you’re one of them, it’s time to burst your bubble! Freelance will continue to be relevant in future provided there is a demand for various skills. It is this continued demand of skills that determines the continued relevance of freelance.

The next logical question is, “will the demand for skills continue?” The answer is yes. Many start-ups and even companies prefer to give their projects to freelancers because it doesn’t make sense to employ someone to get the job done.

Take for instance, if a company wants to give their website a new look and are in need of a web designer and a content writer, it doesn’t make financial sense to employ people for jobs that’s going to take less than a month at most to complete. So who’s going to keep paying those two individuals if they are hired? Secondly, it’s cheaper to hire a freelancer than employ someone to do some work than increase the number of staff for the same purpose. From both perspectives, freelance is win-win situation for clients and for you too!

3 reasons why Nigerians should start freelancing today

1. Everyone has a skill

We all are blessed with skills through which we express ourselves and earn a living. A painter expresses himself through his arts; a creative writer expresses himself through his stories etc. Some are wired to be geeks and therefore find programming to be fun. Others love languages and seem to be able to learn them effortlessly. All these seem like ordinary abilities but they are actually marketable skills.

No matter the kind of skills you have, you will always find people who are looking to pay for it. So why be so unkind to yourself and not use the skills to earn a living?

2. The income is attractive

Ask any freelancer and they’d tell you there’s no limit to what you can earn from freelance. This is not the regular job scenario where you’d wait for months or years to have a pay rise. If you’re not content with what you’re earning as a freelancer, you can always push up the price by improving the quality you offer or you can pitch your skills to new clients.

What more? In a country like Nigeria where the Naira has refused to appreciate in value, you get to earn way bigger than your real earnings, all thanks to the foreign exchange rates.

3. It works for both the employed and unemployed folks

There are several success stories of people who started freelancing while still working at their regular jobs, but eventually quitted when it was obvious that freelancing fetched them more money than what they earned. Others turned into freelancing because they couldn’t find any offline job to do.

Either case, the point is clear that you can take freelance as a part time business and also a full time business. If you take it as a part time business, you may just have to turn down many jobs and limit yourself to the workload you can finish in your spare time. If you want it full time too, it’s still awesome!

Okay, I know I said 3 reasons but let me add a bonus point:

Flexibility and freedom: Freelancing will give you so much freedom and flexibility than you can imagine. For instance, you can choose your working hours and even when you go on vacations t will. You have the freedom to begin and then hone your skills on the job till you become an expert.

More:
http://www.nigeriaonlinebusiness.com/2018/02/can-freelance-be-answer-to-prayers-of.html
yeah so long as they are free lance farmers and manufacturers
Re: Can Freelance Be The Answer To The Prayers Of Unemployed Nigerians? by writeprof(m): 6:43pm On Feb 15, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I founded it and is one of my ideas that will be heavily seeded in a few years. It is functioning though but I haven't spent energy on fully developing it yet due to conflicting resources.

That's good. So, does it work like Fiverr, Freelancer etc by enebling Nigerians to utilise it for freelancing jobs. I'll check it out though.
Re: Can Freelance Be The Answer To The Prayers Of Unemployed Nigerians? by Misscaring(f): 6:54pm On Feb 15, 2018
Nuelcoco:
The only freelance job in Nigeria that pay is yahoo yahoo oh! !!!!
Nigerians am I lying?

Sars fall on you.. ����
Re: Can Freelance Be The Answer To The Prayers Of Unemployed Nigerians? by MChaze25(m): 7:01pm On Feb 15, 2018
eldee365:

cc psamie

Boss, what skills are you offering? please suggest skills I can learn via YouTube, note am not good with graphics or writing!

Try and learn online digital marketing:- helping brands or SMEs with ideas to meet potential investors, costumers and patronage..

You can learn how to host online gigs and make money too.. Make sure your creativity is top notch!

Learn vlogging if you re good with speeches..sell yourself very well.

WhatsApp for more:-07063988862
Re: Can Freelance Be The Answer To The Prayers Of Unemployed Nigerians? by zinosleek(m): 7:09pm On Feb 15, 2018
here are four freelance business you can start today http://www.wikizino.com.ng/2017/03/4-internet-businesses-to-start-with-no.html
Re: Can Freelance Be The Answer To The Prayers Of Unemployed Nigerians? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Feb 15, 2018
Raiyell:
One year after I started freelance writing, I knew I would never ever in my life work for any organisation in Nigeria as a paid employee.

Even if I were to work, it would be in a skilled capacity and above middle-management.

But this thing is not a get-rich-quick-scheme. It does need high-levels of commitment and attention to details. Anyone who puts their mind to it can learn. In the coming years, I would completely leave the freelance scene once I have my own operations running. However, the knowledge I have now as regards the internet economy is something I would never have been able to acquire working in a 9-5 job.

The world of freelance work is reportedly worth $200 billion according to a report by Hubstaff.com/Accenture. 35% of US work-force are remote workers, 20% and 18% for the UK and India respectively. These figures can only but grow.

We can bring in billions of dollars into our economy if we massively embrace freelancing.

Today, I went food shopping and blew more than my entire two months salary at my previous job on groceries and other needed household items. Some of the items for me, some for my mom, gifts for my niblings. I didn't even think about the money. In my mind, I was like "thank you Tim Lee Berners, Steve Kassriel, oyibo people, thank you!" with smiles all over my face. The cashier noticed and asked, "what is making you look so happy?"

"Freelancing"

I told her.

Get skilled at something today and change your story.

I am a writer and marketing professional. I've been doing this for the last three years and I started out with little expertise, but in that time, I have come a long, long way.

There is no spoon feeding anyone in this business. All you have to do is research freelance work opportunities, gauge your skill level to determine how much work you need to do to become competent, and then go from there.

Here on Nairaland, especially the Business section, there is an abundance of materials to get one started. Checkout Upwork.com, Freelancer.com, Weworkremotely.com to see what jobs are currently on offer. People have been writing about freelancing on Nairaland for a very long time, I am not here to re-invent the wheel, my people.
zia

Hi
May I send you a pm please?
Re: Can Freelance Be The Answer To The Prayers Of Unemployed Nigerians? by Wejustok2: 7:51pm On Feb 15, 2018
nolanpatt33:

bros abeg u sabi do US NUMBER ABI..I need m bad bad

k na
Re: Can Freelance Be The Answer To The Prayers Of Unemployed Nigerians? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Feb 15, 2018
youngmajor:

the skills are endless. they can range from writing of different kinds to singing, dancing, transcribing audio to text, translation, graphic design, web design, typing, data entry, data scraping etc. many of the skills, if you are properly informed you can learn them within a day or so. to get started read the complete article http://www.nigeriaonlinebusiness.com/2018/02/can-freelance-be-answer-to-prayers-of.html
Thank you sir.
Re: Can Freelance Be The Answer To The Prayers Of Unemployed Nigerians? by hojayz: 8:12pm On Feb 15, 2018
If you are looking for a freelance website in nigeria check terawork.com
Re: Can Freelance Be The Answer To The Prayers Of Unemployed Nigerians? by Gamelord007: 8:22pm On Feb 15, 2018
Sure it can be.
Re: Can Freelance Be The Answer To The Prayers Of Unemployed Nigerians? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Feb 15, 2018
psamie:

that is not true bro...i have been freelancing for quite some time now and we have a group of freelancers on WhatsApp where we interact, freelancing jobs come from all over the world, you will be surprised that I have done jobs for people in Nigeria that I met on freelancing platform,
there are no preserved jobs for a particular region except where the client has a job that he specifically needs the services of someone who is resident in a particular place, which is just like 1 out of every 20 jobs. point of correction, not almost all freelance jobs come from America, jobs come form every part of the world. I have Indian clients, African clients, South American clients and American clients.

Wen it comes to surveys for example, Most companies willing to pay for such are usually European n American companies and in most cases they target clients who use their products and obviously Nigerians aren't involved, thus they are led our.

Even in websites like Fiverr (which is number1), U will notice that most of the clients who request for gigs are Americans. To heavily increase chances of survival in Fiverr n their likes, A Nigerian uses a U.S IP to register so that they can secure more jobs. Many Europeans n Americans believe that Africans can't speak or write good English.

If u check highest Google adsense pay per clicks n impressions, U will notice that the highest pay comes from U.S, UK and European IP addresses.

Freelance can't employ 30% of nigerias populace, that is 60 million Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Can Freelance Be The Answer To The Prayers Of Unemployed Nigerians? by bkuranga(m): 9:28pm On Feb 15, 2018
flakkybaby:
please I need know how to go about doing the freelancing job, can you please teach me? my whatsapp no 08036224122 thank you.

check my thread where I explained transcription.
Re: Can Freelance Be The Answer To The Prayers Of Unemployed Nigerians? by nolanpatt33: 9:55pm On Feb 15, 2018
Wejustok2:

k na

how we go te run m
Re: Can Freelance Be The Answer To The Prayers Of Unemployed Nigerians? by uchenick(m): 12:01am On Feb 16, 2018
Discover How To Make Over Half A Million Naira A Month And Quit Your Job
----------------------

Hello and welcome to my coaching class and I will be showing you how to make money working from home. I am a young man who lives somewhere in Port Harcourt. My story is just like any other guy in Nigerian trying to make a living for himself. A year ago, I was slaving away working as a Mechanical Engineer for Nigerian Bottling Company, and i was working my ass of and getting tired on a regular. I was always unmotivated because I wanted more out of life.

One day, I was so fed up with work and I called my boss and said i was quitting. I decided to hone my own talent and make money out of it. I decided to become a Freelancer. I had some skillset and I wanted to make money out of it. I decided to take my talents for a stroll in the Marketplace of hustlers.

Starting off was so tough, I tried, MLM, invested in crypto, Ponzi Schemes and other quick money gestures and they all failed. I tried getting clients for my business and most times I got low paying clients who were annoying too. I was working a lot and getting less. I felt like quitting my job was a mistake.

My name is Nick Uche and I am a serial entrepreneur and I am willing to show you how I make my money from freelancing like a boss working at home and doing what I love. This course will show you all the steps which will go from learning a viable and sellable skill, getting clients, getting paid and staying in business. I have been able to build a system that works and tailored to Nigerians and other west African countries. This formular would change the way you see making money from the internet.

The key to this formular is selling something online. This could be a product or a service. But selling is the key. I would be showing you all you need to know to go from zero to atleast $1000 a month as a newbie.

Click here ==> http://thefreelancemasterclass.com/

I would have limited seats on my course because I want to be able to have a personal interaction with each person. My course will be launching on Wednesday, 7th February but for those who would be want to get a discount when we launch, I’ll advice you to act now.

I am going to be very open as I will show all you need to get started. This is a chance to get in and know what works. This is not a Ponzi scheme or a quick money scheme so you have to be serious and by you reading this up to here, there is something in you that need to make more, there is a piece of you that need more money and freedom from a broke life of working for a boss.

I will be holding your hand and showing you how I earn 6-7 figures working from my laptop and having the freedom of being where I want at any time.

Enroll Today and Begin Your Coaching before the 50% discount is over...

Enroll For The Masterclass for Only N15,000
- Just N7,500

Re: Can Freelance Be The Answer To The Prayers Of Unemployed Nigerians? by onlinereach: 12:07am On Feb 16, 2018
I personally commend the author for his views, Nigerians has no business with unemployment since there are more job opportunites available in the country today than before, with freelancing you can work in two or more organizations at the same time,determine your working hours,your pay and etc, though the task is demanding compared to salary work since you must achieve results to survive,no dull morement for a freelancer.Well as a Business Coach/Job Creation Consultant I see leveraging and freelancing as the shortest distance to creating employment for self and others, and I will urge Nigerians to embrace it and and say Big bye bye to I beg to apply. If for any reason you still have challenges seeing this vast opportunities contact Me for solution on how to start or key in,you will be tutored on some Basic requirements and provided with practical Marketing Skills for your product or service. AGAIN there are businesses you can start with little or No capital e.g Advert canvassing,Facebook Marketing,Industrial Supply, Freelancing on any Niche, Commission Agent/Agency. Fidelis is my name,and could be reached easily via GSM 07033703473, with a minimal consultation fee of #3500, call Now to practically change your status.
Re: Can Freelance Be The Answer To The Prayers Of Unemployed Nigerians? by Smartjob1(f): 2:01am On Feb 16, 2018
It could be part of it.

Need a job? Easy HR solutions? Join the world's smartest job network www.bejite.com today. Find jobs easily, recruit smartly using the most advanced recruitment engine, connect to employers, business mentors and partners. Sign up now. It is free!

Re: Can Freelance Be The Answer To The Prayers Of Unemployed Nigerians? by hojayz: 9:45am On Feb 16, 2018
Logon to terawork.com

Re: Can Freelance Be The Answer To The Prayers Of Unemployed Nigerians? by psamie(m): 9:50am On Feb 16, 2018
eldee365:

cc psamie

you can start with virtual assisting, data scrapping and entry, this kind of tasks don't require a highly skilled person but just someone with basic PC knowledge...so far you can surf the web and use Microsoft office a little e.g excel, word. create VA and Data entry gigs.
Re: Can Freelance Be The Answer To The Prayers Of Unemployed Nigerians? by psamie(m): 9:56am On Feb 16, 2018
quinSonia:
youngmajor

pls how do I start free lancing

olurich01

bros me need to learn free lancing very badly

inbox me: austine4u2k3@yahoo.com
Re: Can Freelance Be The Answer To The Prayers Of Unemployed Nigerians? by psamie(m): 10:01am On Feb 16, 2018
Maj196:
Interested, ow can i reach u?

austine4u2k3@yahoo.com
Re: Can Freelance Be The Answer To The Prayers Of Unemployed Nigerians? by bkuranga(m): 11:24am On Feb 16, 2018
u don't necessarily need to go and learn graphics, article writing or any other skills before u can earn from the comfort of ur home.... if you can listen and type.

u can apply for transcription, where u just have to listen to audio/video files and write out what u hear....these people are making it sound too difficult.

I think.

[url]https://www.nairaland.com/4272591/teach-how-make-upto-20[\url]
Re: Can Freelance Be The Answer To The Prayers Of Unemployed Nigerians? by Wejustok2: 12:31pm On Feb 16, 2018
nolanpatt33:

how we go te run m

pchat me
Re: Can Freelance Be The Answer To The Prayers Of Unemployed Nigerians? by TourismMan(m): 12:40pm On Feb 16, 2018
Before it was how blogging can curb unemployment in Nigeria and today it's freelance. I can't wait to join all these and make money.
Re: Can Freelance Be The Answer To The Prayers Of Unemployed Nigerians? by nolanpatt33: 1:28pm On Feb 16, 2018
Wejustok2:

pchat me

baba pls respond to my pm
Re: Can Freelance Be The Answer To The Prayers Of Unemployed Nigerians? by quinSonia(f): 4:32pm On Feb 16, 2018
psamie:

inbox me: austine4u2k3@yahoo.com

pls respond to my mail
Re: Can Freelance Be The Answer To The Prayers Of Unemployed Nigerians? by eldee365: 10:22pm On Feb 16, 2018
psamie:

you can start with virtual assisting, data scrapping and entry, this kind of tasks don't require a highly skilled person but just someone with basic PC knowledge...so far you can surf the web and use Microsoft office a little e.g excel, word. create VA and Data entry gigs.
gracias cool
Re: Can Freelance Be The Answer To The Prayers Of Unemployed Nigerians? by eldee365: 10:24pm On Feb 16, 2018
MChaze25:

Try and learn online digital marketing:- helping brands or SMEs with ideas to meet potential investors, costumers and patronage..

You can learn how to host online gigs and make money too.. Make sure your creativity is top notch!

Learn vlogging if you re good with speeches..sell yourself very well.

WhatsApp for more:-07063988862
Thank, I will contact you via whatsapp
Re: Can Freelance Be The Answer To The Prayers Of Unemployed Nigerians? by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 21, 2018
psamie:

that is not true bro...i have been freelancing for quite some time now and we have a group of freelancers on WhatsApp where we interact, freelancing jobs come from all over the world, you will be surprised that I have done jobs for people in Nigeria that I met on freelancing platform,
there are no preserved jobs for a particular region except where the client has a job that he specifically needs the services of someone who is resident in a particular place, which is just like 1 out of every 20 jobs. point of correction, not almost all freelance jobs come from America, jobs come form every part of the world. I have Indian clients, African clients, South American clients and American clients.
....how can i join this group please?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Identifying Scams Online And Avoiding Them / Encounter With A Bvn Scammer / Gtbank Apologizes To Customers Over Network Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.