Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Help! Service Engine Soon 4 Nissan Altima 2000 Model - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! Service Engine Soon 4 Nissan Altima 2000 Model (10507 Views)

My Dashboard Displays "SERVICE ENGINE SOON" / Nissan Maxima 2003: Malfunction Indicator Lamp (service Engine Soon Light) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Service Engine Soon 4 Nissan Altima 2000 Model by eggy(m): 12:32pm On Apr 22, 2010
Pls Does any1 in the house know how to reset service engine soon alert 4 the mention car
mine still display despite servicing .was adviced to take it 2 diagnostic center was wondering if there was a manuall way of reseting it
my mechanic even remove the battery terminals claiming thats how he use 2 reset some models but alas no change
would realy appreciate a response
Re: Help! Service Engine Soon 4 Nissan Altima 2000 Model by elms: 4:34pm On Apr 22, 2010
It can't be done manually, The service engine soon light does not just mean that you should do a normal service, you need to scan the car and it would pull out some codes which would show you where to fix, but if you have done that before, you will still need the diagnostic machine to reset the light. I have a professional diagnostic machine and could help you do that for a token, you can call 07029897068. Do have a nice day.
Re: Help! Service Engine Soon 4 Nissan Altima 2000 Model by hymadon: 10:20pm On Jul 31, 2012
elms: It can't be done manually, The service engine soon light does not just mean that you should do a normal service, you need to scan the car and it would pull out some codes which would show you where to fix, but if you have done that before, you will still need the diagnostic machine to reset the light. I have a professional diagnostic machine and could help you do that for a token, you can call 07029897068. Do have a nice day.
Am also a victim of such too. i also use nissan altima 2000 model i need a help...
Re: Help! Service Engine Soon 4 Nissan Altima 2000 Model by joanana(f): 11:06pm On Jul 31, 2012
Disconnect the negative terminal of your battery for 2 hours and reconnect. It will definitely reset. But!!! Scan if it pops up again.
Re: Help! Service Engine Soon 4 Nissan Altima 2000 Model by jodeci(m): 6:55am On Aug 01, 2012
Simple Steps to reset your Service Engine Soon Light.

1.Turn the ignition key to ON, don't start the car,at this point all the indicator lights will come on at the dashboard.
2.Disconnect the negative terminal of your battery and wait for 3 to 5 minutes.
3.Return back your ignition to OFF position
4.Reconnect the Negative terminal of your battery
5.Start Your car.

Come back here and testify.

SIDE NOTE: These steps will work ONLY if the indication is FALSE.
Re: Help! Service Engine Soon 4 Nissan Altima 2000 Model by cinzo: 6:17am On Aug 02, 2012
In car ECM Diagnostics/ECM Reset procedure:

1) Sit in the driver's seat.

2) Turn the ignition key to the ON position and wait three seconds. (Do not start the car.)

3) Fully depress and release the accelerator pedal five times in less than five seconds.

4) Wait exactly seven seconds. Fully depress the accelerator pedal for ten seconds until the SES light flashes.

5) Release the accelerator pedal and start counting flashes to obtain the four-digit trouble code.

Long flashes (0.6 seconds) indicate the first digit of the code; count the blinks one through nine and write down the first digit. (Ten blinks indicates a zero.)

The next three digits follow in turn in the same fashion except with faster blinks (0.3 second) and a 1.0-second pause between digits.

The ECM code repeats intself until you turn the ignition key to the OFF position, at which point the ECM resets itself to standard get-in-and-drive-the-car mode.

You can look up the trouble codes in the ESM/FSM; there's a bunch of them. In the ESM, refer to page EC-639.

Additionally, if you get four blinks of ten (0000), the ECM is indicating no malfunction.

You can clear the code (and the annoying SES light) by holding down the accelerator pedal for more than 10 seconds while the SES light is blinking. When you release the pedal, the ECM erases the trouble code(s).

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Choose Between 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 BMW 523i / Audi A6 Vs Toyota Camry 2003 Vs Honda Accord 2003 (end Of Discussion) / Where To Get A Good AC Repair Person In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.