Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,965 members, 7,810,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? (10281 Views)

Should You Turn Off The A/C System Before Shutting Off Your Car’s Engine? / My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil / Why Does My Car Engine Oil Dry Up Without Physical Leakage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by Goodplace: 3:24pm On Nov 01, 2016
My car engine oil seems to be black and due for an over haul the price of packaged oil is expensive so am thinking of buying the normal roadside oil to do its overhaul. Will there be any implication? its a Volkswagen passat. please advice.
Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:52pm On Nov 01, 2016
Goodplace:
My car engine oil seems to be black and due for an over haul the price of packaged oil is expensive so am thinking of buying the normal roadside oil to do its overhaul. Will there be any implication? its a Volkswagen passat. please advice.

simple it will cost your more when the car is dead

better go for tried and tested

common sense

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by Readonee35L(m): 5:24pm On Nov 01, 2016
Smh.
angry.
I know you buy the regular 20w-50 In your car. And if that's too expensive for you to afford.please sell the car.
I beg you . Sell It.
Of all cars to do this with , you're talking about a Volkswagen Passat . I don't even pour road side oil in my gen .

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by uboma(m): 6:41pm On Nov 01, 2016
using the recommended engine oil for your car is like blood to the human body.

with this and good maintenance culture, your car will serve you well for long.

if you cannot afford the recommended engine oil, why not just park your car at home till your pocket improves...

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by chillex8(m): 7:26pm On Nov 01, 2016
Goodplace:

Do this and in less than 50km, that car will start emitting white exhaust fume.

1 Like

Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by gazzuz(m): 8:36pm On Nov 01, 2016
Goodplace:

Don't mind all these haters, pour the oil jere.

There are already too many vehicles on the road grin

78 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by uboma(m): 10:46pm On Nov 01, 2016
gazzuz:

grin

16 Likes

Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by mayor2013: 2:18am On Nov 02, 2016
Oga carry go. Nothing to worry about. How many litres of Aburò oil do you want? Buhari never show you what change means?

6 Likes

Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by milkymesh: 6:51am On Nov 02, 2016
You can but you should not. A better alternative would have been palm oil or groundnut oil but buhari has made these even more expensive.

My advice, park your car till you have enough money to buy the recommended engine oil.

Goodplace:

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by mastro: 8:56am On Nov 02, 2016
grin grin grin

Una wicked O.

OP, what they are all saying is that using oil of unknown grade and source in your car has a high probability of causing you very expensive problems,
look at it like this, if someone offers you a glass of water, and you don't know where it came from (Eva water, local gutter, pure water) would you drink it?

9 Likes

Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by AdisaOwala: 9:09pm On Nov 02, 2016
gazzuz:

grin grin

Wicked

4 Likes

Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by USPlaceofAutos: 10:54am On Nov 03, 2016
Goodplace:

Yes there would be implications if you use the wrong specification of oil for your car. Some don't notice it immediately is why they think they can get away with pouring any type of oil in their car engine.

Don't settle for less. Love your car so it can treat you right. You don't want it breaking down when you need it most. Depending on the year your car was manufactured, you can use engine oil that can last you months before you need another change. It might look expensive but worth it in the long run.

To choose the proper type of oil for your vehicle, refer to your manufacturer’s manual because that is where you can get the right viscosity oil e.g. 0W30, 0W20, 5W20, 5W30, 10W30, etc. In cases where you can’t find the manual, it’s also common to see the recommended oil printed on the oil cap under the hood or you can ask google.

Contact Information:
US Place of Autos
10, Veteran Plaza,
433 Herbert Macaulay way,
St Agnes,
Yaba, Lagos
Telephone: 09035870964
E-mail: info@usplaceofautos.com
Twitter handle: @usplaceofautos

1 Like

Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by Turks: 6:36am On Nov 04, 2016
Don't you dare! Those roadside engine oil are usually mixed with diesel just to cheat people...I'm sure youre not aware of this. This will ahorten the lifespan of your engine. Once again, dont!
Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by BCISLTD: 6:40am On Nov 04, 2016
angry OP I'm sure u got the car by dash....because there is no way you bought the car with your money with ur level of thinking

6 Likes

Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by lonelydora: 6:40am On Nov 04, 2016
You can use it for a temporary measure but make sure you do a thorough flushing when you have money to buy the recommended oil.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by Clone2020(m): 6:42am On Nov 04, 2016
Might as well use palm oil instead.
Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by Nobody: 6:43am On Nov 04, 2016
Not everyone must own a car.... Sell it while you still have that last remaining oil... Then buy a bike

3 Likes

Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by buchilino(m): 6:43am On Nov 04, 2016
ROADSIDE OIL?, WISH U D BEST OF LUCK

1 Like

Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by dfrost: 6:44am On Nov 04, 2016
gazzuz:

gazzuz nigga you wicked cheesy grin. Honestly op just get the right oil. I understand sometimes when a man is broke, he might look for another alternative albeit that alternative may not be the best.

Either you borrow money from your friends to fix it or don't move the car yet. The life of your engine is the biggest picture you should see.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by Nobody: 6:44am On Nov 04, 2016
Goodplace:
i understand you plight OP,nairaland is not a good ground to seek advice sometimes.send me a private message with your acc details and I help out....

10 Likes

Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by kcnwaigbo: 6:45am On Nov 04, 2016
I never imagined someone could ask such a very very very stupid question!! Common sense is truly not common

1 Like

Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by Fantastic2m(m): 6:45am On Nov 04, 2016
cry

Recession shii. .
Oya Madam Kemi Adeosun come and answer this Kwenchion. .
Shabi u said recession is just a word? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by Nobody: 6:47am On Nov 04, 2016
kcnwaigbo:
I never imagined someone could ask such a very very very stupid question!! Common sense is truly not common
bro!!!always thank God for your life,if you have not been there before,please don't judge others

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by moscobabs(m): 6:49am On Nov 04, 2016
gazzuz:

lol oga gazuzz. He should just pour it and give way to other road users o.
that's another way we can reduce traffic .
Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by KingsleyCEO: 6:50am On Nov 04, 2016
I think it is more cost effective to use packaged and refined oil looking at it from the aftermath angle. You can also park the car till things gets better i know this is a difficult thing to do but don't damage that car with road side oil. Best of luck!
Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by mrmy42(m): 6:53am On Nov 04, 2016
That's if you are using a roadside kind of car not a Range or a G wagon
Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 04, 2016
Goodplace:
you are not financially buoyant enough to own a car... except maybe a taxi... sell the car immediately.

PS. can you allow any random blood be transfused into your body?
Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by africanusvu(m): 6:56am On Nov 04, 2016
Who nw knws which is sealed and roadside oil again.i live here in nnewi.my 3 of my neigbours sells both seald and unseald.bt u knw wat?they simply pour the unseald into cans of popular brand.seal.and sell as seald.nw.wat they sell to u seald is same as wat they sells to me unseald.and u cant notice d diference.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by sakalisis(m): 7:00am On Nov 04, 2016
smiley
Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by blackberryout: 7:09am On Nov 04, 2016

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

[Closed] / Is It Bad To Change Your Gear To Drive While Your Car Is Still Rolling Backwards / New Vehicle Sales Drop 48% In Q3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.