Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,699 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

447 Doctors Trained Abroad Failed Local Assessment Test - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 447 Doctors Trained Abroad Failed Local Assessment Test (750 Views)

New Law Allows Nigerian Trained Medical Doctors To Bypass US Residency / Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige / Lassa Fever Spreads To 33 States, 1,447 Cases Recorded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

447 Doctors Trained Abroad Failed Local Assessment Test by Malizumedia: 12:00am On Feb 16, 2018
447 out of the 686 foreign trained doctors who wrote the assessment test of Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN) failed.

The Federal Government decried the poor performance of the foreign trained medical and dental graduates as only 249 were successful in the examination conducted in November 2017.

Prof. Isaac Adewole, Minister of Health, said in Abuja on Thursday at the induction of the 243 successful medical doctors and six dental graduates that participated at the remedial course and assessment.

The examination was conducted at the University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital (UITH) in Nov. 2017. NAN reports

It is aimed at ensuring that the standard of training obtained abroad by candidates measured up to the standard of training in Nigeria.

It is also geared toward ensuring the overall health and well-being of Nigerians and other people living in the country.

MORE ON....https://malizumedia.com/447-doctors-trained-abroad-failed-local-assessment-test/
Re: 447 Doctors Trained Abroad Failed Local Assessment Test by aminu790(m): 12:08am On Feb 16, 2018
angry
Re: 447 Doctors Trained Abroad Failed Local Assessment Test by tempest01(m): 7:46am On Feb 16, 2018
I really doubt that number really failed. Are there slots or something?
Re: 447 Doctors Trained Abroad Failed Local Assessment Test by Nobody: 8:06pm On Feb 16, 2018
tempest01:
I really doubt that number really failed. Are there slots or something?
actually those mdcn exams are hard and it id normal for so many to fail them
Re: 447 Doctors Trained Abroad Failed Local Assessment Test by KingAzubuike(f): 11:23am On Jun 11, 2020
funmisticqueen:
actually those mdcn exams are hard and it id normal for so many to fail them
Yeah it is but there's usually this envy and hatred towards foreign trained students when they come to write MDCN exams.. that's why most of them fail woefully.
Re: 447 Doctors Trained Abroad Failed Local Assessment Test by ChybuzzDD(m): 11:36am On Jun 11, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Yeah it is but there's usually this envy and hatred towards foreign trained students when they come to write MDCN exams.. that's why most of them fail woefully.

Have you witnessed first hand envy against any of them or you're just assuming??
I have come across and worked with lots of them, especially those trained in Russia and Ukraine, and they were terrible. And you would wonder how they managed to pass their exams there.
I have never met anyone envying them.
Truth is that at the MBBS level, no one is qualified to be envied irrespective of where the training is done, because at that level, everyone has the same average level of basic knowledge and skills.
The envy should be at the level of postgraduate training, because that's where the resources/technologies of a country significantly impact on the training and final outcome.
Re: 447 Doctors Trained Abroad Failed Local Assessment Test by KingAzubuike(f): 11:46am On Jun 11, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

Have you witnessed first hand envy against any of them or you're just assuming??
I have come across and worked with lots of them, especially those trained in Russia and Ukraine, and they were terrible. And you would wonder how they managed to pass their exams there.
I have never met anyone envying them.
Truth is that at the MBBS level, no one is qualified to be envied irrespective of where the training is done, because at that level, everyone has the same average level of basic knowledge and skills.
The envy should be at the level of postgraduate training, because that's where the resources/technologies of a country significantly impact on the training and final outcome.
I've witnessed first hand. I accept the fact that many of them may not be that good, usually on the basis that they aren't too conversant with tropical medicine but still we can't take away the fact that they are usually envied and hated. It was far terrible when UITH hosted them in 2017. They were defrauded, extorted , humiliated and their girls assaulted. Mind you this isn't hearsay, I hand a first hand knowledge that incident. During their first weeks of resumption, they were made jest of, lecturers called them China products and all sorts of names. The dichotomy is horrible.
Re: 447 Doctors Trained Abroad Failed Local Assessment Test by ChybuzzDD(m): 12:06pm On Jun 11, 2020
KingAzubuike:

I've witnessed first hand. I accept the fact that many of them may not be that good, usually on the basis that they aren't too conversant with tropical medicine but still we can't take away the fact that they are usually envied and hated. It was far terrible when UITH hosted them in 2017. They were defrauded, extorted , humiliated and their girls assaulted. Mind you this isn't hearsay, I hand a first hand knowledge that incident. During their first weeks of resumption, they were made jest of, lecturers called them China products and all sorts of names. The dichotomy is horrible.

Yea, they might be looked down upon based on ugly past experiences, but that's not the same as envying them.
I know them very well; most are really "China products" as described.
I know someone who could not pass any of his first year Pharmacy courses in UNN, eventually failed out in his first year, and then, traveled to Ukraine to read Medicine.
Now, he has graduated, and planning to come back to Nigeria!
A Nigerian pharmacy reject is now a Ukrainian-trained doctor.
I'm still asking him how he managed to pass his exams over there, if he actually wrote any.
Do you wonder why the Russian and Ukrainian governments do not allow them practice over there?
The mistake most Nigerians do is to see anything "foreign" as the best.

(1) (Reply)

How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Spotless Face Treatment / The Benefits Of 40 +men / The Medical Error, 30+ Years Comatose Patient & The Story of John-pierre Adams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.