Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,430 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

The Medical Error, 30+ Years Comatose Patient & The Story of John-pierre Adams - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Medical Error, 30+ Years Comatose Patient & The Story of John-pierre Adams (751 Views)

Meet Chidiebere Ibe, Bringing Black Illustrations To The Medical Field / Kano Man Found Alive After ‘drowning’ 30 Years Ago / Pictures Of Jean-pierre Adams In Coma For 36years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Medical Error, 30+ Years Comatose Patient & The Story of John-pierre Adams by Firmjudge(m): 7:27am On Feb 05, 2020
John-Pierre Adams.

A French footballer, has been in coma for almost 40 years due to a mistake his doctor made while putting him to sleep for a surgery to repair a torn ligament.

He was 34 when he went into coma. He is 71 years old now.

He has spent over 35 years unconscious. The time he has spent in coma is now officially more than the time he has spent being aware of himself and of his surrounding.

The sad and traumatic part is the said doctor and his colleague only went to jail for a month and was fined about 815 dollars for an error that has cost a man his entire life, cost his family a father and a husband and cost the world a great athlete.

His wife Bernadette, who he married in 1969 still stays by his bed till today, looks after him, feeds him and with the help of nurses and physiotherapists available, she’s able to bathe him and provide 24hours a day care.
No love I know beats this.

Culled:

https://www.quora.com/What-innocent-seeming-picture-is-actually-heartbreaking/answer/Victor-Ade-12?ch=3&share=c6209cbd&srid=5dxSi

Re: The Medical Error, 30+ Years Comatose Patient & The Story of John-pierre Adams by madridguy(m): 7:37am On Feb 05, 2020
Human error lipsrsealed
Re: The Medical Error, 30+ Years Comatose Patient & The Story of John-pierre Adams by bigiyaro(m): 7:52am On Feb 05, 2020
so with all the medical and technological advancement in the past 35 years no one can bring this guy out of his come?
Re: The Medical Error, 30+ Years Comatose Patient & The Story of John-pierre Adams by simi4me(m): 8:24am On Feb 05, 2020
I would like to know if he is aging while in coma.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Hand Sanitizer At Home? / The Commissioner For Health Enugu State Prof Anthony Ugochukwu Has Died / I Have Been Seriously Battling With Halitosis For Long !!!!!! Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.