Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,001 members, 7,835,377 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Effects Of Inadequate Rest In Muscle Building - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Effects Of Inadequate Rest In Muscle Building (447 Views)

Please Help, My Mind Has Not Been At Rest / Gombe COVID-19 Patients Protest Over Inadequate Medical Attention, Block Highway / 6 Side Effects Of Eating Too Much Salt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Effects Of Inadequate Rest In Muscle Building by fecorampart(m): 12:40am On Feb 16, 2018
THE EFFECTS INADEQUATE REST
Getting inadequate sleep each night will play a number of negative roles that will make building muscle very difficult. Not only will lack of sleep not allow enough time for your muscle to grow, it may also:
Decrease energy levels
Decrease testosterone levels
Decrease growth hormone levels
Increase catabolic (muscle destroying) hormones
While we sleep, we go in and out of four phases of sleep. This is known as the "sleep cycle", and is very important to the bodybuilder, since this is the time at which the body releases the growth hormone. Sleep deprivation disrupts the sleep cycle, and can be responsible for the effects mentioned above.
The bottom line: inadequate sleep will essentially make building muscle nearly impossible. It encourages your body to lose muscle, and gain body fat! Not a good thing if you are trying to build muscle. Get as much sleep as you possibly can. If you are sleep deprived, catch up on your sleep.
Re: Effects Of Inadequate Rest In Muscle Building by EbukaHades10(m): 12:54am On Feb 16, 2018
No wonder I con dey feel like Buhari. Thank you OP. Make i go sleep

(1) (Reply)

Food That Will Improve Your Sleep / Problem Of Infection In Ladies / How Do I Add Weight?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.