Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,673 members, 7,823,899 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App (24112 Views)

A Sierra Leonean Created A Messaging App That Is Faster Than Whatsapp / Use Escrow Service Payment To Avoid Being Scammed When Buying Mobile Phones / Whatsapp Adds New Rules For 'Delete For Everyone' Feature (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by israelmao(m): 8:12am On Feb 16, 2018
This will solve money transfer problem but I do hope it will well secured.
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by kennieG(m): 8:15am On Feb 16, 2018
Wechat has been using it long before now. So it's an application long overdue for WhatsApp
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by flyca: 8:25am On Feb 16, 2018
Another Wechat feature copied!

Weeeh done Mark!

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by trentslawson(m): 8:27am On Feb 16, 2018
The way thieves will start targeting phone will grow to the next level

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by philip0906(m): 8:27am On Feb 16, 2018
BigJakie:
Considering the fact that whatsapp app is yet to be embedded with basic security features, this would only lead to whatsapp account hacking.

I'm also sure our naija cabals will maximise this opportunity to move funds around.
Like what...?
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by ZUBY77(m): 8:27am On Feb 16, 2018
More good news for the SARS demons.
They are going to be searching your phones even more.

THANKS TO WECHAT THOUGH.
They are million miles ahead of Whatsap.

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by Horsebok(m): 8:30am On Feb 16, 2018
Whatsapp is really getting interesting.... Good job Zuck
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by Aboguede(m): 8:31am On Feb 16, 2018
Liberty reserve broda. Abeg i dey fine andersonanderson2020@yahoo uk.
Na oyemmere4real dey ass

See my signature
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by tosyne2much(m): 8:34am On Feb 16, 2018
handsomeyinka:
YAHOO BOYZ go dey dance one corner for this news..
cheesy
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by geekybabe(f): 8:35am On Feb 16, 2018
BigJakie:
Considering the fact that whatsapp app is yet to be embedded with basic security features, this would only lead to whatsapp account hacking.

I'm also sure our naija cabals will maximise this opportunity to move funds around.

So you really think WhatsApp will be building that kind of feature and they won't think security?

Lol. It's WhatsApp sir. Not ecobank

4 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by mickeyenglish(m): 8:35am On Feb 16, 2018
akeentech:

Money is life

Java and Android development is life.. I swear kiss

Post No Bill
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by AntiWailer: 8:35am On Feb 16, 2018
Won't banks get commision from the transfers ?

Even if it is card based, they will still get their charges as issuers or acquirers.

Still wondering how it will affect them.

The rate at which you guys want Banks to have problem is amazing yet you scream UNEMPLOYMENT !!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by mickeyenglish(m): 8:36am On Feb 16, 2018
Vince77:
Programming is life.

Java and Android development is life. I swear kiss

Post No Bill

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by DavidEsq(m): 8:36am On Feb 16, 2018
handsomeyinka:
grin
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by Benjom(m): 8:36am On Feb 16, 2018
It's long overdue. Good development.
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by AntiWailer: 8:37am On Feb 16, 2018
israelmao:
This will solve money transfer problem but I do hope it will well secured.

... and the problem is ?
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by tosyne2much(m): 8:37am On Feb 16, 2018
biggerboyc:
Always copying BBM and Telegram
Telegram beats whastapp hands down

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by agarawu23(m): 8:39am On Feb 16, 2018
It should come with a whatsapp pin code request before login angry
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by Incrizz(f): 8:40am On Feb 16, 2018
superior1:
They are tired of gathering social information, now it's financial info

Not "tired".
They have successfully gathered and are still gathering social....now financial....

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by debolayinka(m): 8:42am On Feb 16, 2018
SmartyPants:

Not only that, this will be a useful by pass to PayPal!
That's another bonus. But I hope it will be well secured, because some will be getting ready to implement fraud from this.
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by Incrizz(f): 8:43am On Feb 16, 2018
akeentech:

Money is life

...Until you get the money and realise that Something is still missing.
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by nairalandbuzz(m): 8:49am On Feb 16, 2018
Wetin Telegram don dey do tay tay...

have you guys heard of Kudi.ai
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by akeentech(m): 8:50am On Feb 16, 2018
Incrizz:

...Until you get the money and realise that Something is still missing.
My dear money is everything
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by nairalandbuzz(m): 8:50am On Feb 16, 2018
biggerboyc:

NO mind them... Telegram is their master and I wonder how whatsapp has more grounds. I pay my bills using Kudi.ai on telegram chat. Just like chating with someone to transfer money to a bank account or pay nepa bill or buy card... so easy... even Banks are running for their money
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by Dramadiddy(m): 8:51am On Feb 16, 2018
handsomeyinka:
I swear...e go sweet then ehhh
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by zoedew: 8:52am On Feb 16, 2018
#DataIsKey
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by Afobear: 8:53am On Feb 16, 2018
biggerboyc:
it's called upgrade and competition. TELEGRAM REMAINS MY BEST
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by Nobody: 9:05am On Feb 16, 2018
this feature is not safe to use in nigeria yet our ictsphere is not even at infancy yet when compared to the rest of the world..
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by Puzzypleazer: 9:07am On Feb 16, 2018
That's if yahoo boys don't misuse it then blame it on cbn when whatsapp bans it in nigeria
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by egbabiekperemo1: 9:11am On Feb 16, 2018
ZUBY77:
More good news for the SARS demons.
They are going to be searching your phones even more.

THANKS TO WECHAT THOUGH.
They are million miles ahead of Whatsap.

Oga do u still do agency shipments from china?
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by givasawa: 9:15am On Feb 16, 2018
I still think some banks would still benefit from it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Watch Live TV Channels On Your Mobile Phone, With Streaming Quality Options / Cancellation Of Jumia Order / OPPO A9 2020 officially launched in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.