Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App (24103 Views)

A Sierra Leonean Created A Messaging App That Is Faster Than Whatsapp / Use Escrow Service Payment To Avoid Being Scammed When Buying Mobile Phones / Whatsapp Adds New Rules For 'Delete For Everyone' Feature (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by Incrizz(f): 9:21am On Feb 16, 2018
akeentech:

My dear money is everything

My dear owning your soul is better than money.
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by handsomeyinka(m): 9:23am On Feb 16, 2018
Dramadiddy:
I swear...e go sweet then ehhh
Lol
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by akeentech(m): 9:28am On Feb 16, 2018
Incrizz:

My dear owning your soul is better than money.
sweetie money will save ur soul
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by Kobicove(m): 9:29am On Feb 16, 2018
With the current level of loopholes in social media apps an individual will have to be very foolish to link his bank account with WhatsApp undecided
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by pozukucry: 9:32am On Feb 16, 2018
VALENTINE WEEKEND SPECIAL on our MATCHMAKING PLATFORM

On our SINGLES MATCHMAKING PLATFORM, Singles are seriously getting hooked-up with their potential soulmates and relationships are been consummated daily. Hundred are realizing that THIS PLATFORM IS ABSOLUTELY FOR REAL. We always emphasis it over and over again - We mean READY-FOR-MARRIAGE total seriousness without charging anyone a dime (even the doubting thomases are regularly been converted to loyalists!)

From this Friday 16th to Sunday 18th of February, it is OPERATION EVERY MEMBER MUST BE HOOKED UP

If you are single, of marriageable age, working (not jobless individuals that cant take care or support a family yet), genuine and want to connect with the your potential soulmates that could lead to ‘till death do us part’

Then get onboard. Every single member confirmed and duely verified MUST experience our VALENTINE WEEKEND SPECIAL – someone must be hooked up with you IF you are still single and want to connect with someone who is equally single and serious for marriage and will be your VAL for the weekend. Who knows, it may lead to a forever thing!

BUT…..

If you are looking for sugar daddies, sugar mummies & sugar babies. NOT HERE!
If you are jobless and cant sustain a family yet, NOT HERE. Get monetized busy first!
If you are looking for boyfriend or girlfriend, NOT HERE
If you are not serious for marriage but still want to do ‘sampling’, NOT HERE!
If you are married and want to still cheat on your partner, ABSOLUTELY NOT HERE!

Emotions and hearts of singles, desirous of settling down with life partners are never to be toyed with and here, THAT’S IS OUR No. 1 Priority of helping to create relations and connecting soulmates

NOTE: Add the Super Admin on Whatsapp or Telegram O81~(6342~(9615)

Registration and Membership are ABSOLUTELY FREE (We don’t charge ANYONE a penny!)

Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by EMIOMOADEOYE: 9:32am On Feb 16, 2018
Okwyla:

“The telcos have hated the global messaging app; now the banks join the fray. The risk to banks is clear: if WhatsApp becomes very successful in payments, it may become a small bank of itself. In other words, if people decide to be leaving money in their wallets without moving them to their bank accounts, most banks would struggle [liquidity issues]” Ekewe added.

http://www.akelicious.com/2018/02/whatsapp-adds-payment-to-its-messaging.html

This doesn't even make any bit of sense.

Whatsapp payment is not running independent of banks. It is only facilitating what banks already do. If at all anything I see another avenue for Banks to make some money. It just shows how shallow many so called professionals in Nigeria are.
The What
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by Incrizz(f): 9:33am On Feb 16, 2018
akeentech:

sweetie money will save ur soul

Money is not life beaubeau.
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by akeentech(m): 9:47am On Feb 16, 2018
Incrizz:

Money is not life beaubeau.
Bae money buys life
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by Nobody: 10:09am On Feb 16, 2018
AntiWailer:
Won't banks get commision from the transfers ?

Eveb if it is card based, they will still get their charges as issuers or acquirers.

Still wondering how it will affect them.

You're smart jare cool

Banks even encourage transfers, especially inter-bank transfer because they make more money from it.
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by Kingbusssy(m): 11:00am On Feb 16, 2018
handsomeyinka:
YAHOO BOYZ go dey dance one corner for this news..

Even Dem dey dance shaku shaku dance also
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by jobbers: 11:23am On Feb 16, 2018
good
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by Emeka71(m): 11:42am On Feb 16, 2018
Marvyx:
I won't be quick to jump in happiness until I know that it's safe. But I pray it is. The charges are too much. Fidelity bank even charged me maintainace fee for my atm card that has expired. Lol.
As for me ; I don't use whatsapp for any reason.
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by Nobody: 11:59am On Feb 16, 2018
debolayinka:
I hope this gets to Nigeria soon. It's time to drop all these failing bank mobile apps.
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by EmekaBlue(m): 12:22pm On Feb 16, 2018
Themandator:
That is good. Another Bitcoin wallet to hide from the government and bank
it will have restriction and by restriction I mean limited total amount of money. U no fit hide huge cash there
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by GenghisAlexa1(m): 12:26pm On Feb 16, 2018
This is selfish. Instead of them to open up their api for developers like Kudi.ai and just put security features in place to prevent fraud, they have built their own payment system, this is why I like Google as a company more than Facebook, they really do wanna make the world a better unlike Mark of the Beast who just wants to get us all helpless and make his investors insanely rich with his feedback loop.
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by stevedre: 2:48pm On Feb 16, 2018
superior1:
They are tired of gathering social information, now it's financial info

You deserve a medal. Facebooks another one but so many people don't know.
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by onwugbenu(m): 3:30pm On Feb 16, 2018
Okwyla:
Whatsapp has introduced payments to its messaging app in India, making it the latest service to let users transfer money to one another with a text.

After the pilot in India, this peer-to-peer payments, would be available in Nigeria and other African countries and it will have profound effect on banks already hemorrhaging from revenue losses.

With the new service, users can now link their bank account to their WhatsApp account via Unified Payments Interface (UPI) and begin making payments straight to another user’s bank account through a WhatsApp chat.

According to Ndubisi Ekewe, who is familiar with the development, banks have everything to worry about the risks to banks are clear.

“The telcos have hated the global messaging app; now the banks join the fray. The risk to banks is clear: if WhatsApp becomes very successful in payments, it may become a small bank of itself. In other words, if people decide to be leaving money in their wallets without moving them to their bank accounts, most banks would struggle [liquidity issues]” Ekewe added.

In Nigeria, the rise and popularity of over-the-top (OTT) services has taken a huge toll on the bottom line of telcos across the globe. The OTT services include instant messaging, voice/ video calls and others.

Association of Licensed Telecommunication Operators of Nigeria (ALTON), the industry body of all licensed telecoms operators and infrastructure providers, by the consumers, the regulator and the policy makers, has lamented the impact of OTT on the bottom line of carriers.

Gbenga Adebayo, chairman, said OTT utilise traditional Mobile Network Operator (MNO) infrastructure to offer social networks, voice and instant messaging services to retain users’ loyalty and drive stickiness with a view creating large on-line communities and eventually attract huge advertisement revenues.

The MNOs have neither rights nor control over the OTT services, as customers have the discretion to use the internet as they like.

The case maybe worse for Nigerian banks because as Ekewe pointed out, most Nigerian banks are enjoying growing transaction-based fees with ATM charges and all kinds of charges including stamp duty on digital transfer.

http://www.akelicious.com/2018/02/whatsapp-adds-payment-to-its-messaging.html

Very Good, this is another means for CIA, FBI, and some key intelligent organization to understand and observe user financial transaction and status, we need to understand this, they are using an Unified Payments Interface to make payment to another user, Why? we will also connect our bank account details to the App "Kai". well it is a free world, what so people will say because we are not literally free, those who intend to use the feature is free but have this at the back of you mind, it is part of the NEW WORLD ORDER! they listen to our conversation via our phone even when we are not making call and track our movement, haven't you wonder why you get related suggestion list few days after talking to a friend off line on facebook? they must not allow it into Nigeria. We must start developing what we need, that is just the way forward for us, else we will become a puppet.
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by xtremrules(m): 3:38pm On Feb 16, 2018
Themandator:

It's unfortunate that most people don't know any thing.
For WhatsApp to add payment, the money must come form a bank account, it's not crypto currency
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by xtremrules(m): 3:49pm On Feb 16, 2018
Themandator:

Read onwugbenu comment
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by IdeyFindWife: 7:53pm On Feb 16, 2018
SmartyPants:

Not only that, this will be a useful by pass to PayPal!

multiple layer encryption and other high-level anti-hack safeguards are needed or Black Hat hackers will soon have a field day
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by SmartyPants(m): 8:31pm On Feb 16, 2018
IdeyFindWife:

multiple layer encryption and other high-level anti-hack safeguards are needed or Black Hat hackers will soon have a field day

Bruv you think the nerds over at WhatsApp haven't thought about this?

WhatsApp is already the industry standard for encryption, so i can imagine now that they want include financial dealings they will step up even further.
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by samojay20(m): 10:01pm On Feb 16, 2018
handsomeyinka:
Like what have "YAHOO BOYZ" got to do with this one again ooo some people yaff make this naija tire me

Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by handsomeyinka(m): 10:05pm On Feb 16, 2018
samojay20:

Like what have "YAHOO BOYZ" got to do with this one again ooo some people yaff make this naija tire me
Lol....
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by modik(m): 10:08pm On Feb 16, 2018
handsomeyinka:

Never,, the security around it would be water tight. Even if you access someone's WhatsApp space, you may not succeed in transferring any dime put of his account.!
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by ThisIsFlashh: 10:21pm On Feb 16, 2018
Mekanus:
Hmmm... Science and technology the only God we I know.
Fixed!

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by handsomeyinka(m): 10:44pm On Feb 16, 2018
modik:

Never,, the security around it would be water tight. Even if you access someone's WhatsApp space, you may not succeed in transferring any dime put of his account.!
Wait till they get to you

Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by handsomeyinka(m): 8:31am On Feb 17, 2018
modik:

Sooner will you know.

Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 18, 2018
To my own view this is gladly splendid news.

You just have to enable Whatsapp Two-step verification

Yahoo is not limited to transfer, it will help Yahoo Boyz get quick payment from their foreign clients easily and willingly.. Not encouraging this but trying to make clarification.

I think this will promote my business swiftly
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:59pm On Feb 18, 2018
But there's payment platforms on Telegram and Facebook messenger.

There's been for a while now.

E.g. kudi.ai

I'm guessing a lot of people commenting here know little or nothing about that.
Re: Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App by tk4rd: 3:31am On Feb 20, 2018
Once this method starts working, Nigerians would start using it to defraud people.
Even phone thefts would be on the high side because they go straight to WhatsApp and try changing the details so as to wire money from there

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

OPPO A9 2020 officially launched in Nigeria / My Phantom 6 Unboxing Picture Story / Cancellation Of Jumia Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.