Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years (13721 Views)

Zero X: Infinix Launches Concept Device 2021, Charges 0 - 100% In 11 Minutes / Intel Boss, Brian Krzanich, Resigns After Relationship With Employee Was Exposed / Google Buys HTC Assets In $1.1bn Return To Mobile Phone Ownership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by Reediano(m): 2:51pm On Feb 16, 2018
HTC is currently going through it's worst time as the company has recorded 10 consecutive losing quarters. According to a statement posted online by HTC. The company's executive Chialin Chang is stepping down as the President of Smartphone and Connected Devices Business. The Resignation is coming just days after HTC reported a 27% year-over-year decline in January revenues.

HTC posted a statement online which reads;
"We can confirm Chialin Chang has resigned from his position as President of the Smartphone and Connected Devices Business at HTC. We thank him for his dedication to the Company for the last six years and wish him well in his future endeavors."-
According to Chang, the reason for his resignation is due to "personal career path". His resignation has however been accepted and takes effect from yesterday 14th of February 2017. HTC has experienced a steady fall in it's stock price from as high as 1,300 NT ($44.56 USD) on April 29th, 2011 to its current price of 59.90 NT ($2.03 USD).

The company recently closed a deal worth $1.1 billion with Google. This is for the new Google Pixel smartphone division as well as a non-exclusive license which gives Google access to use some of HTC's patents.

A successor to Chang's position is yet to be named. We just hope the next executive will be able to restore the company's lost glory.

http://www.yomitech.com/2018/02/htc-smartphone-president-chialin-chang-resigns.html
Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by madridguy(m): 2:53pm On Feb 16, 2018
Noted.
Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by freak33: 3:27pm On Feb 16, 2018
their phone no get market abeg, they should learn from tecno and infinix.
their battery is nothing to write home about.

14 Likes

Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by Reediano(m): 3:51pm On Feb 16, 2018
freak33:

Hmmm

2 Likes

Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by austinereds(m): 6:07pm On Feb 16, 2018
freak33:

must everyone be like Techno and infinix. apart from battery they have great products with amazing features. it stands on par with other phone giants in the world.

41 Likes

Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by freak33: 9:10pm On Feb 16, 2018
austinereds:

must everyone be like Techno and infinix. apart from battery they have great products with amazing features. it stands on par with other phone giants in the world.

and yet their stock is falling while tecno own is gaining

6 Likes

Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by austinereds(m): 9:50pm On Feb 16, 2018
freak33:

Techno own is based on the African market. let see Techno sale demographic in the world market then I will believe you.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by Reediano(m): 9:56pm On Feb 16, 2018
freak33:

So you think equipping their phones with super large batteries will get HTC thief stocks back!?

7 Likes

Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by Abdstrakt(m): 9:56pm On Feb 16, 2018
Sad to see HTC’s fortunes dwindling, used to be one of my favorite brands

1 Like

Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by freak33: 10:16pm On Feb 16, 2018
Reediano:

So you think equipping their phones with super large batteries will get HTC thief stocks back!?

not that, they don't target the right market.

3 Likes

Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by freak33: 10:16pm On Feb 16, 2018
austinereds:

Techno own is based on the African market. let see Techno sale demographic in the world market then I will believe you.

at least they have sense, they know where their market will sell.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by austinereds(m): 10:27pm On Feb 16, 2018
freak33:

laughs. end of discussion.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by Reediano(m): 10:53pm On Feb 16, 2018
Abdstrakt:
Sad to see HTC’s fortunes dwindling, used to be one of my favorite brands

Still one of my favorite

4 Likes

Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by omoadeleye(m): 7:00am On Feb 17, 2018
I wish nigeria leaders can emulate this type of solution, they are too selfish and would still be getting paid on their failures.

7 Likes

Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by Discharge(m): 7:00am On Feb 17, 2018
Apple and Samsung @ work
Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by dingbang(m): 7:00am On Feb 17, 2018
Back in the past, HTC was one of the best brands then...

3 Likes

Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by wristbangle: 7:01am On Feb 17, 2018
freak33:

They should learn from Nokia which was a dead brand before but now 11th in mobile phone leading market.

2 Likes

Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by RealGucci: 7:02am On Feb 17, 2018
huawei p10
very costly phone
all thw phones af used can buy a venza

1 Like

Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by kels4fun(m): 7:02am On Feb 17, 2018
Who Dey compare htc with tecno here?

Htc won the best smart phone back in 2013.

They should upgrade their battery.

5 Likes

Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by Jammey6551(m): 7:06am On Feb 17, 2018
Htc is bae.

2 Likes

Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by phoenix23401(m): 7:09am On Feb 17, 2018
kels4fun:
Who Dey compare htc with tecno here?

Htc won the best smart phone back in 2013.

They should upgrade their battery.
Check your facts bro, lg g2 was the best smart phone in 2013, and the best smartphone I've ever used.

Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by lordraiden(m): 7:13am On Feb 17, 2018
Hey TC, my main fone then.... Still love it
Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by gidjah(m): 7:15am On Feb 17, 2018
Too many cloned HTC in d market,so I am not supprissed.their market audience wasn't improved upon as a result of the class they wanna keep up with,they didn't even put 3rd world on mind,only Europe things,they also have not really improved over time in marketing and tech.though their phones still gat class that was in the 2012/2013.they haven't grown since then.

1 Like

Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by mcayomind: 7:18am On Feb 17, 2018
HTC

Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by femishow2005(m): 7:25am On Feb 17, 2018
HTC is a good and durable phone. No big deal. They should carry out a survey with the view to obtaining users feedback. Implement these feedback and re-strategize their market.

1 Like

Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by danchuzzy(m): 7:26am On Feb 17, 2018
phoenix23401:

Check your facts bro, lg g2 was the best smart phone in 2013, and the best smartphone I've ever used.

Say what now

3 Likes

Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by Nobody: 7:28am On Feb 17, 2018

1 Like

Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by neonly: 7:50am On Feb 17, 2018
freak33:

It depends I use m10 belief me I charge it once a day nd it carries me tru d day am always on line
Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by Hector09(m): 7:50am On Feb 17, 2018
Wait o na were alcatel go self
Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by ewebiodun: 7:51am On Feb 17, 2018
freak33:

Bros noh go tok that thing for outside o......the sales volume of Iphone in China alone dwarfs all the phones tecno has sold in the entire Africa. Bros nah only u dey use techno for dis world o.....China self noh dey use am...u need to wake up and smell the coffee bro
Just like Africa contributes less than 5% of Bill Gates wealth

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Customize Your Android Launcher Without Rooting / Zain Internet Setting On Phones For Normal Browsing? / Bolt Browser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.