Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,946 members, 7,835,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years (13741 Views)

Zero X: Infinix Launches Concept Device 2021, Charges 0 - 100% In 11 Minutes / Intel Boss, Brian Krzanich, Resigns After Relationship With Employee Was Exposed / Google Buys HTC Assets In $1.1bn Return To Mobile Phone Ownership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by ositadima1(m): 9:47am On Feb 17, 2018
kunnadej:

But hello sir, why did you reply him nah? You should have allowed me to do it. Tecno and Infinix?? Spits! It's like Facebook is talking and Nairaland is opening its mouth. HTC remains one of the most durable phones in the world. I used my HTC without a pouch for 3 years and I'm extremely careless with phones. Tecno that cannot roam. There's absolutely NOTHING HTC can learn from Tecno. They are not mates.

Tecno with their dull screens, that's how all these low end Chinese phones are. For me it's all about screen quality, HTC can't​ be compared with these crappy phones.

3 Likes

Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by Ishilove: 9:51am On Feb 17, 2018
Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by ositadima1(m): 9:52am On Feb 17, 2018
Ishilove:

Me I no know.

All I want is a phone that can run whatsapp and facebook, as well as open heavy sites. Dazz all. I'm not a phone freak

S4 is ok. Considering it's a couple years old, I would worry about the battery performance.
Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by asscb(f): 10:12am On Feb 17, 2018
Ishilove:

Me I no know.

All I want is a phone that can run whatsapp and facebook, as well as open heavy sites. Dazz all. I'm not a phone freak
Boo.. Let me buy you S8 kiss
Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by maasoap(m): 11:12am On Feb 17, 2018
Acidosis:

This one nor be pride oga

HTC is a global business, Tecno isn't. The other day, a Nairalander said Tecno phones don't work in the UK. Is that the kind of brand you want HTC to learn from?
Apart from Nigeria, and may be Kenya & Ghana, what other countries has Tecno penetrated?

If you have not gone international, there's absolutely nothing any International brand can learn from you. Yeah, Tecno's marketing strategy may have worked for them locally in Nigeria, but that's just about it. Nigeria remains the only main market.

I would rather you encourage HTC to learn from the likes of Xiaomi. Xiaomi has been able to breakthrough the two largest nations in the world - China and India - with each boasting of about 1 billion population. Even at that, Xiaomi is still struggling with acceptance in the US and UK.

Go to YouTube, you would find out that Nairalanders are the only people reviewing Tecno and Infinix phones.

Until the likes of Android Authority starts reviewing Infinix and Tecno phones, no global brand would ever and ever know (let alone learning from) them.
Must everything be about US and UK even when the sales and profit are going down year in year out? I haven’t said that tecno rivals HTC in my posts, I'm not about that. If people are moving away from HTC because of battery, why not not copy those who make high sales just because of better battery? This is not even about the price differences, just the right kind of battery that customers want.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by Ishilove: 11:14am On Feb 17, 2018
asscb:

Boo.. Let me buy you S8 kiss
Oya go ahead na grin
Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by maasoap(m): 11:23am On Feb 17, 2018
kunnadej:

But hello sir, why did you reply him nah? You should have allowed me to do it. Tecno and Infinix?? Spits! It's like Facebook is talking and Nairaland is opening its mouth. HTC remains one of the most durable phones in the world. I used my HTC without a pouch for 3 years and I'm extremely careless with phones. Tecno that cannot roam. There's absolutely NOTHING HTC can learn from Tecno. They are not mates.
The first person that made this suggestion didn't call them mates or compare them, he simply talk about marketing strategy that has to do with what consumers want. So, where did the word MATES come into play?
And if they're finally out for good, you will talking about how they were used to be the best. And we will be asking you what really went wrong with them.
Let me ask you this: what is really responsible for their declining year on year sales and profits?
Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by PicassoSaySo: 11:25am On Feb 17, 2018
freak33:

and yet their stock is falling while tecno own is gaining
Wetin u sabi??
Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by PicassoSaySo: 11:30am On Feb 17, 2018
maasoap:

Must everything be about US and UK even when the sales and profit are going down year in year out? I haven’t said that tecno rivals HTC in my posts, I'm not about that. If people are moving away from HTC because of battery, why not not copy those who make high sales just because of better battery? This is not even about the price differences, just the right kind of battery that customers want.
who tell u htc no get battery.. Ogbeni no dey tok dust... Go find out about their fones, how many prominent mobile manufacturers construct their phones with tecno-esque batteries.. No dey tok dust Abeg.. Tecno fit dey shine for Africa no mean say tecno get better marketing scheme.. Htc just doesn't release phones in multiple areas, they focus on Asia mostly, and still dey make more money than tecno and Infinix.. No talk dust Abeg
Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by maasoap(m): 11:45am On Feb 17, 2018
PicassoSaySo:
who tell u htc no get battery.. Ogbeni no dey tok dust... Go find out about their fones, how many prominent mobile manufacturers construct their phones with tecno-esque batteries.. No dey tok dust Abeg.. Tecno fit dey shine for Africa no mean say tecno get better marketing scheme.. Htc just doesn't release phones in multiple areas, they focus on Asia mostly, and still dey make more money than tecno and Infinix.. No talk dust Abeg
Again? Battery is just an illustration. Now, what is affecting them? I want to learn.
Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by asscb(f): 11:47am On Feb 17, 2018
Ishilove:

Oya go ahead na grin
You know what to do wink
Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by Ishilove: 12:00pm On Feb 17, 2018
asscb:

You know what to do wink
What's that? grin
Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by Acidosis(m): 12:01pm On Feb 17, 2018
maasoap:

Battery issues have never in anyway affected HTC market share. There are more deeper issues bro. I don't think HTC would watch its brand go down the drain over battery issues. Besides, Nigerians are the only set of people in the world that complains too much over battery issues. The complains are excusable though, Nigeria has one of the worst power supply in the whole world, so I can understand when brands like Tecno deliberately tries to mitigate our pathetic conditions with low quality and unstandardized chips (so we can afford it).

Let's face the fact, global competition is what forced HTC out of market. As of 2016, a report revealed that LG was making around 1.5 cent on each phone sale in the UK. That's because they have to keep up with an image without compromising on quality. Same cannot be said about Tecno.

Tecno's brand image has always been to produce low quality and cheap products for the African market. So far they've been able to penetrate a few West and East African countries. You see why it is hard for HTC and indeed other major brands with high end brand images to copy Tecno?

1 Like

Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by asscb(f): 12:07pm On Feb 17, 2018
Ishilove:

What's that? grin
Come closer kiss
Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by Bombolistic: 12:19pm On Feb 17, 2018
freak33:
their phone no get market abeg, they should learn from tecno and infinix.

their battery is nothing to write home about.

That's not true. HTC has very good and durable batteries
Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by austinereds(m): 12:29pm On Feb 17, 2018
oyb:

https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S8,Samsung-Galaxy-S4/phones/10311,7597

LMAO. you just sauced this thread.
Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by kels4fun(m): 1:01pm On Feb 17, 2018
sirlop:

Big lie. HTC one m8 won the best smartphone of 2013

Thank you bro
Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by Gee001: 1:01pm On Feb 17, 2018
I use the m9 but my battery doesn't last long. What could be the cause please.
Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by Ishilove: 1:15pm On Feb 17, 2018
asscb:

Come closer kiss
You are not serious o

Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by victorazy(m): 2:04pm On Feb 17, 2018
austinereds:

must everyone be like Techno and infinix. apart from battery they have great products with amazing features. it stands on par with other phone giants in the world.

Oga u can't exonerate them. They are not good....
Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by HomeOfMe(f): 2:49pm On Feb 17, 2018
austinereds:

must everyone be like Techno and infinix. apart from battery they have great products with amazing features. it stands on par with other phone giants in the world.
I've been using HTC butterfly S for close to 3 years now,haven't had any issues with it,very strong phone. I feel the competition is just to tight not that they don't have good phones. I love HTC.

1 Like

Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by Leke001: 3:07pm On Feb 17, 2018
We are used to blackouts in Naija,little wonder we prefer phones that can go three days without charging...but talking quality,I think HTC is superior to Infinix and Techno,I have used all of them.
Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by kunnadej: 7:24pm On Feb 17, 2018
maasoap:

The first person that made this suggestion didn't call them mates or compare them, he simply talk about marketing strategy that has to do with what consumers want. So, where did the word MATES come into play?
And if they're finally out for good, you will talking about how they were used to be the best. And we will be asking you what really went wrong with them.
Let me ask you this: what is really responsible for their declining year on year sales and profits?

This to me sounds like a contradiction. You compare marketing strategies of two brands in the same industry and then you say you aren't comparing them? For you to say they should learn from Tecno and Infinix, you are telling me that in terms of marketing you are already comparing them. I honestly break it to you, in terms of marketing, customer experience and service, financials, device usability and functionality and global awareness and positioning, they can NEVER be compared. Heck! Blackberry can't be compared to Tecno but they have gone under. Huawei hasn't broken even into the Nigerian market but they are 3rd in the world in terms of sales. When you play on the global scale, tens and hundreds aren't discussed. Much much larger numbers, stakes and markets are discussed. Please never tell a lion to learn how to hunt from a cat just because they are in the same family.

In conclusion, there are bigger things of worry to HTC than 'learning' from a minute brand like Tecno and Infinix.
Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by maasoap(m): 7:44pm On Feb 17, 2018
kunnadej:

This to me sounds like a contradiction. You compare marketing strategies of two brands in the same industry and then you say you aren't comparing them? For you to say they should learn from Tecno and Infinix, you are telling me that in terms of marketing you are already comparing them. I honestly break it to you, in terms of marketing, customer experience and service, financials, device usability and functionality and global awareness and positioning, they can NEVER be compared. Heck! Blackberry can't be compared to Tecno but they have gone under. Huawei hasn't broken even into the Nigerian market but they are 3rd in the world in terms of sales. When you play on the global scale, tens and hundreds aren't discussed. Much much larger numbers, stakes and markets are discussed. Please never tell a lion to learn how to hunt from a cat just because they are in the same family.

In conclusion, there are bigger things of worry to HTC than 'learning' from a minute brand like Tecno and Infinix.
Wake up.
Re: HTC Smartphone President Resigns As Company Records Worst Revenue In 11 Years by maasoap(m): 8:36pm On Jul 02, 2018
TechCapon:
[
TAIWAN, JULY 2ND. As revenue continues to dwindle and in a desperate effort for survival, struggling Taiwan based smartphone makers HTC has announced plans to slash 1500 staff members of their global workforce. The fortunes of HTC has no doubt nosedived drastically in recent years.

This indicate that the floor is about to cave-in for the struggling Taiwanese mobile phone maker that once sold one in 10 smartphones globally, but has seen its market share decline amid mounting competition from Apple, Samsung, LG and Chinese rivals.

HTC said it would cut 1,500 jobs in its manufacturing unit in Taiwan. This represents about a quarter of the 6,450 staff it employed globally as of June.
I wonder what went wrong with HTC considering the fact that they made some of the best smartphones few years ago. For a company who has over 19000 staff in 2013, now they'll be less than 5000. My advice for those that would not be affected by the mass sack is to quietly start dusting up their CVs because they might be needing it soon!

https://www.nairaland.com/4594521/embattled-htc-announces-plan-sack

HTC is dying! Time to learn the survival and growth skills from the new players in town. Lol.

Cooy: picassosayso acidosis

kunnadej:

Got something new to say?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MTN Nigeria Limited Changes To PLC Ahead Of NSE Listing / Bolt Browser / Which Launcher Is The Best?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.