Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,816 members, 7,820,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Toni Payne Calls On 9ice To Clear The Air - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Toni Payne Calls On 9ice To Clear The Air (1123 Views)

Liam Payne Buys Wizkid £1.2Million Champagne / Toni Braxton And Beyonce---who Is The Sexiest? (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Toni Payne Calls On 9ice To Clear The Air by Ayemokhia: 5:36pm On Apr 22, 2010
Toni Payne is fed up with the rumor going round that “Once bitten twice shy” (the ninth track off 9ice’s third album “Tradition”) was dedicated to her, and her Facebook status on Tuesday April 20 clearly says so-

‘#justsayin #FEDup A song I heard n loved months b4 it came out is causin sme minor issues so I will address dis issue by simply stating that its not my job to clear d air but I also think its time the person who sang the song “once bitten” comes out and tells the truth to every1 and let us no who he sang it for…‘

Here’s the comment Ruggedman posted on Payne’s wall:

No one knows how the story started or at what point the media started inferring she was the subject of the controversial song, (where 9ice claims he caught his lover giving his friend ‘nodding’).

But one name that keeps coming up each time the song and its lyrics are debated is rapper Ruggedman – the Lagos rapper who introduced the couple at Gbenga Adeyinka’s 10th anniversary in Motherlan Opebi- Lagos in 2006. Those familiar with the situation continue to allege that Ruggedman had an on-off affair with Payne before and during her relationship with 9ice. Both Ruggedman and Payne insist nothing could be farther from the truth.

‘TONI PAYNE My advice to you is you get 9ice to step up and clear this thing about this song once and for all so all this bullshit can stop. HE SANG THE SONG,ONLY HE CAN SAY WHO HE WAS TALKING ABOUT IN THE SONG. SO 9ICE WHERE ARE YOU?‘

(Rugged man’s post on Toni Payne’s wall)

9ice and Toni Payne were the ‘perfect’ celebrity couple before their abrupt split on January 8, 2010. No one has been able to place a finger on the cause of the breakup, but very close friends of the couple have suggested that it was majorly “incompatibility”.

Here’s the controversial song
http://www.naijapals.com/music/Once_beaten_Twice_Shy_9ice-8911
Re: Toni Payne Calls On 9ice To Clear The Air by spikedcylinder: 3:05pm On Apr 23, 2010

(1)

9ice Vs Ruggedman Beef Is Getting Worse 9ice Called Him Stupid On Tvc / Late Sam Loco Efe To Be Buried October 21 / Former 007 Roger Moore Beaten Up By First Two Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.