Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,218 members, 7,811,607 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO (21642 Views)

Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US / MTN Considers Scrapping IPO Following Dispute With Nigerian Authorities / Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by justdivine: 7:54am On Feb 17, 2018
Waiting
Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by anochuko01(m): 8:05am On Feb 17, 2018
Tmaritas76:
pls I believe HERE is not home for the mad people or am I in a wrong place
THERE, wherever you are now, is actually the world's headquarters of mad people. so you're in the right place.
Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by vertueptime: 8:14am On Feb 17, 2018
Dangote, the only hausa muslim loved by igbo and yoruba even ipob yooth join, we all knw y

1 Like

Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by Dreamville: 8:38am On Feb 17, 2018
olahero:
I will soon beat Dangote and BillGate. Stay and watch.
In your dreams abi?
Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by Jethrolite(m): 8:40am On Feb 17, 2018
Abfinest007:
witch nor de dangote family or aboki nor de get witch
You think Dangote got there by mistake or luck? Go and tempt him then you will see the degree of spiritual protection he has, you may not even live to tell the story.
Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by lordraiden(m): 8:48am On Feb 17, 2018
Boyooosa:

Tenple your hustle
not hustle hustle all the time most of them don't work harder than me
Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by fajob: 9:02am On Feb 17, 2018
GOD PLEASE PICK MY CALLS OOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by Keywordconcept(m): 9:03am On Feb 17, 2018
I will rather do ICO

Read how ICO works.... Before you invest
https://digitalcashout..com.ng/2018/02/how-does-ico-work.html?m=1
Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by Millz404(m): 9:03am On Feb 17, 2018
Jethrolite:
You think Dangote got there by mistake or luck? Go and tempt him then you will see the degree of spiritual protection he has, you may not even live to tell the story.

Comot from their... All these backward thinking is why Africa is still this backward.... Some body just gave me a flyer... Breaking generational curses... Lol... I just laugh.
People that do not believe in all these bs u just said are miles ahead of us.
Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by Abdul3391(m): 9:12am On Feb 17, 2018
lordraiden:
Wen you have enuf money that money is neva your problem I wonder what else you will need.... I want to know how it feels like
seriously make God just test us with 10 billion naira let's test ourselves with it
Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by Skepticus: 9:18am On Feb 17, 2018
pinnket:
Abeg anybody wey understand wetin dem write for up there, make e explain to me... I don read am 3 times and I still no understand..

Hope no be say their trailers don jam person for London too??

I hope you now understand why you are broke?

Ideas are what separate the rich few from the numerous poor.
Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 17, 2018
Skepticus:

I hope you now understand why you are broke?

Ideas are what separate the rich few from the numerous poor.
Mr Richman... I hope your company has also grown so big to buy other competing companies, since you have so much ideas that your head isn't enough to process an ordinary sarcastic comment..

Those who call others broke, are those who thinks they've made enough to call others names... Grow up Kid..
Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by Skepticus: 9:29am On Feb 17, 2018
pinnket:
Mr Richman... I hope your company has also grown so big to buy other competing companies, since you have so much ideas that your head isn't enough to process an ordinary sarcastic comment..

Those who call others broke, are those who thinks they've made enough to call others names... Grow up Kid..

E pain am sha grin grin

Next time, try to find out what the post means, so you can be like Dangote instead of using NL to advertise crass ignorance that comes from an impoverished mindset.

It's enough lesson for you and I

Enjoy
Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by lordraiden(m): 9:43am On Feb 17, 2018
Abdul3391:

seriously make God just test us with 10 billion naira let's test ourselves with it
I swear make him test us

1 Like

Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by Boyooosa(m): 10:04am On Feb 17, 2018
lordraiden:
not hustle hustle all the time most of them don't work harder than me
Hustle might not be necessarily defined as hard work, paying hustle is mostly soft work bro.
Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by erico2k2(m): 10:18am On Feb 17, 2018
bloomstar:

so more money will bring back a dead man? you better give your life to christ
yesoooo, a guy woke up from comma after 3 months when his retirement money was paid, true Gist opp ,y pops yard bck home grin grin
Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by Nobody: 10:22am On Feb 17, 2018
olahero:
on nairaland..
Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by Worksunlimited: 10:41am On Feb 17, 2018
olahero:

Why would I want to stay and watch you achieve your dream, When me sef dey hustle my own..!? undecided

1 Like

Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by Nobody: 11:21am On Feb 17, 2018
bloomstar:

so more money will bring back a dead man? you better give your life to christ

So has your God brought back any dead person back to live.
Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by CioAngels(f): 11:34am On Feb 17, 2018
Good one Dangote, but London IPO, i think comes with paying staff good salaries to enlist. Just thinking.
Good luck.
Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by bloomstar: 11:51am On Feb 17, 2018
wamiikechukwu:

So has your God brought back any dead person back to live.

who made people in the first place? who put life into you? who are u? what do you think you were? better give your self to christ when you have the time
Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by Jethrolite(m): 12:36pm On Feb 17, 2018
Millz404:

Comot from their... All these backward thinking is why Africa is still this backward.... Some body just gave me a flyer... Breaking generational curses... Lol... I just laugh.
People that do not believe in all these bs u just said are miles ahead of us.
Lol, I pray you are hard working and get successful in business so you can touch real money, become a dollar millionaire. There are some things that can't be explained, you have to experience it for yourself. I really pray devotion to excellence and service puts you in the top 10% of Nigeria. Getting there in my opinion is not hard, staying there is the problem.

Despite my stand, I do not believe in Pastors or the gospel they preach, they are also just hustlers looking to meet the need of the masses, in their case, fear.
Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by babamoha(m): 2:17pm On Feb 17, 2018
MuyiRano:
Hello ladies and gentlemen, pls i want you guys to join me in wishing all November born (past and those that wud be born this yr November) a happy birthday in advance. They are the products of February Shaku Shaku
Mr man not everybody that was born in november is a result of february shaku shaku,
Re: Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO by Cromagnon: 9:05pm On Feb 17, 2018
BrandSpurNG:
Continent’s largest cement maker is seeking about $1 billion

Move comes as Nigerian stocks soar with rising oil price

Dangote Cement Plc, owned by Africa’s richest man, has revived plans for a share sale in London that could raise about $1 billion, according to people familiar with the matter.

The Nigerian company, controlled by Aliko Dangote, has approached investment bankers to discuss a potential U.K. listing, said the people, who asked not to be named as the talks aren’t public. Once banks have been appointed, it will probably take at least five months to complete the process, one of the people said. The cement maker is also considering issuing a debut Eurobond, according to two different people familiar with the matter.

Discussions are ongoing and a listing of Africa’s biggest cement maker may not go ahead, the people said.

“We have not, to the best of my knowledge, taken such a decision,” Anthony Chiejina, Dangote Cement’s spokesman in Lagos, said in an emailed response to questions, without commenting on the banker talks.

Fresh capital would enable Dangote Cement to fund expansion plans in sub-Saharan Africa and broaden its base of investors. It sees London as a more favourable place to attract about $1 billion than in its home base of Lagos, Nigeria’s commercial capital, where no company has raised more in an initial public offering than Starcomms Plc’s $796 million in 2008.

Dangote Cement has a free float in Lagos of 14.9 percent and a market valuation of $12.3 billion. It mulled raising equity in London in 2010. At the time, Goldman Sachs Group Inc., JPMorgan Chase & Co. and Morgan Stanley helped it prepare a sale that could have raised as much as $5 billion, before the move was abandoned.

The revival of the plan comes as Dangote Cement shares climb to near records as the Nigerian economy recovers from a downturn caused by the 2014 slump in oil prices. The economy of Africa’s most populous nation went into recession in 2016 as government revenue plunged. Nigerian stocks are up 11 percent this year in dollar terms, the sixth best performance globally according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

Aliko Dangote has a net worth of $13.5 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. His Dangote Industries Ltd. conglomerate has interests in sugar, flour and packaged food as well as controlling the cement company. The 60-year-old has repeatedly expressed a desire to bid for London’s Arsenal Football Club and is building a 650,000 barrel-a-day oil refinery near Lagos, which will cost more than $10 billion.

Dangote Cement shares rose 0.6 percent to 259.90 naira in Lagos as of 12:10 p.m. local time.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/africas-richest-man-to-revive-dangote-cement-london-ipo/
why not on Nigeria stock exchange

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fire Outbreak At Main Market, Onitsha, Anambra State (Pics, Video) / CBN Restricts Foreign Banks From ‘Banking Businesses’ / Has The ATM Ever Short-paid Anyone Before?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.