Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,911 members, 7,810,506 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) (65663 Views)

Two Nigerians Arrested With Over N51m Drugs In India (photos) / Border Closure: Customs Intercepts Rice Smugglers In A Bush (Photos) / Customs Officers Attacked By Smugglers In Ogun. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by EddyTeddy(m): 9:35pm On Feb 17, 2018
E never quick snake swallow d jeep......OK
Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by princepeter566: 9:35pm On Feb 17, 2018
PRAYER FOR ANIMALS
As we prepare for Sunday service tomorrow, let's all pray specially for three animals in Nigeria.
1. Pray against cows. That government should begin to value the lives of Nigerians more than that of cows. And that they should develop hatred for the grasses growing in the southern parts of Nigeria.
2. Pray against rats. That they should not have the power to sack the president or any Nigerian leader from office again.
3. Pray against snakes. That they should loose the appetite to swallow our money and instead focus on swallowing stubborn rats that sack the president from office.
PLEASE, if you truly love Nigeria, pray strongly against these 3 stubborn animals that have being causing problems for us in Nigeria! Happy Sunday ahead.
Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by King990: 9:35pm On Feb 17, 2018
I don't even understand this custom clearing of a thing, is the motor 51M or that's the clearing fee?
Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by Stevengerd(m): 9:35pm On Feb 17, 2018
GloriaNinja:
undecided I'M SURPRISED IT WASN'T ABOUT HUMAN HEAD FOUND IN OGUN STATE CAUSE OGUN AND HUMAN HEAD = 5 AND 6
Your Brain Capacity is less than 5Kb. Abunu!
Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by theapeman: 9:40pm On Feb 17, 2018
First news on Ogun state that didn't talk about ritualist or abandon human head!

Afonja are starting to behave civil
Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by IME1: 9:42pm On Feb 17, 2018
Range wink

Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by smokedfish: 9:45pm On Feb 17, 2018
If i get money to buy dis kind car,why ah no go get money to do customs duty?
Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by jide219(m): 9:45pm On Feb 17, 2018
GloriaNinja:
undecided I'M SURPRISED IT WASN'T ABOUT HUMAN HEAD FOUND IN OGUN STATE CAUSE OGUN AND HUMAN HEAD = 5 AND 6
your mate are married

1 Like

Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by edupedia: 9:46pm On Feb 17, 2018
GloriaNinja:

.....was the story about the man using pants of virgin not from your area?....Or is Abagana in Ogun state?....,shioor on u...pot calling kettle black...yeye tribe....

1 Like

Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by edupedia: 9:49pm On Feb 17, 2018
theapeman:
First news on Ogun state that didn't talk about ritualist or abandon human head!

Afonja are starting to behave civil
...is that why your Abagana people are in search of pants of virgins?...
Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by ewebiodun: 9:52pm On Feb 17, 2018
When will u show us smuggled items seized in d north
Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by Nobody: 9:52pm On Feb 17, 2018
King990:
I don't even understand this custom clearing of a thing, is the motor 51M or that's the clearing fee?

Total cost is N51m. Including duty fees.

It's unfortunate that Nigeria is being governed by dullards who focus on exorbitant taxes, duties etc as a means of funding govt expenditure, instead of looking for ways to actually put the population into gainful employment. We don't produce any of these cars, so people (including Muhammadu Buhari and his ignorant henchmen) will always import them. Unless we plan to go back to the dark ages.

The only difference is that these govt people ride cars bought via public funds so they remain ignorant of the plight of the masses. It makes no sense taxing essential items to death when we lack the capacity to manufacture them locally. Tax commodities that have locally produced alternatives and boost local production as a consequence, but no, they will never do that because they take bribes from the economic saboteurs who import such crap!

8 Likes

Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by zicoraads: 9:56pm On Feb 17, 2018
JeffreyJamez:
51m import duty?.....how much come be the motor? undecided
That's what makes most of these cars very expensive here. They are very cheap abroad. All the duties paid on them usually accumulates and makes them expensive and beyond a lot of our reach. Otherwise, we for plenty wey dey drive this kind car na embarassed
Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by Joshuaoseoboh(m): 9:58pm On Feb 17, 2018
praiseneofingz:
I want to be a custom officer when I grow up
Get out of my head bro. I have been thinking the same thing.

1 Like

Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by lonelydora: 9:59pm On Feb 17, 2018
lordraiden:
From the way I see things... It seem paying for the duty cost more than the car.. Me no sabi, wetin concern me.... Bia keke you dey go front

Duty payable is a certain percentage of the price tag. 51.2m is not too much for a 2018 Range Rover.
Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by cremeboy: 10:05pm On Feb 17, 2018
[quote author=Virus777 post=65152928] undecided

Why is it that heads of Nigerian custom units across the country are always Hausa people or northerners, Sani Madugu. undecided Does it mean that people from SS or SE are not capable of attaining a top rank in the Nigerian customs? Is the customs service meant for only corrupts ab0kis?

Mtchewwwww!!! Shithole!!! Sharrap there!!
Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by LordAdam16: 10:09pm On Feb 17, 2018
lonelydora:

Duty payable is a certain percentage of the price tag. 51.2m is not too much for a 2018 Range Rover.

Oga, check out the price of a 2018 Range Rover Velar. Estimate the value in Naira.

Compare it to the 51.2m you say is "not too much," then return to edit your comment.

The only reason people aren't protesting the absurd duty on new cars is because most people don't buy new cars in Nigeria. Na rich man problem.

-Lord

6 Likes

Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by ubox: 10:09pm On Feb 17, 2018
DanielsParker:
51m just to clear a car? I thought it was 35% of the total Worth?
It's now 70%
Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by Virus777: 10:13pm On Feb 17, 2018
[quote author=cremeboy post=65153777][/quote]

Ab0ki undecided
Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by lordraiden(m): 10:16pm On Feb 17, 2018
lonelydora:

is the percentage not fixed, does it vary?
Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by mfm04622: 10:16pm On Feb 17, 2018
GODAKPAN:
when you closed in on him, he abandoned the range and ran wit his feet and yet u couldn't reach him after taking the car. APC: something aint adding up except that car is faulty.

It was a forest. Easier to evade capture on foot in such place than in a vehicle. Especially when you know the officers are more interested in the car than arresting smugglers
Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by lordraiden(m): 10:19pm On Feb 17, 2018
ubox:

It's now 70%
70% shocked... No wonder ppl prefer buying stolen vehicles.. Now I see

1 Like

Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by Nobody: 10:19pm On Feb 17, 2018
mfm04622:

It was a forest. Easier to evade capture on foot in such place than in a vehicle. Especially when you know the officers are more interested in the car than arresting smugglers

the officers were equally chasing with a car and I believe range will be more rugged. that forest has a path, not as if they were hitting trees
Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by chronique(m): 10:21pm On Feb 17, 2018
That's a velar. Starting price is about £45,000 pounds.
Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by GloriaNinja(f): 10:36pm On Feb 17, 2018
Jayson1:
Same here... Lol. grin
lmao

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by GloriaNinja(f): 10:37pm On Feb 17, 2018
Dwayndlight:

I’m from Ogun and you’re not entirely wrong
It’s unfortunate
yup
Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by uckennety(m): 10:49pm On Feb 17, 2018
papoudaupolos:
Only in Nigeria people are buying vehicle and try to evade paying for duty.
You can't try that with pack of toothpick even in our neighbouring countries talkless of European countries.

Ogbeni the duty is too much 51.2million for 1 car

Mogbe!!!

2 Likes

Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by Fideo(m): 10:55pm On Feb 17, 2018
GloriaNinja:

Your lizard brain an malfuncting = 5 AND 6
Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by DanielsParker(m): 10:57pm On Feb 17, 2018
ubox:
It's now 70%
oh wow. really?

1 Like

Re: N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) by aolawale025: 11:10pm On Feb 17, 2018
introvertedsoul:
Ironically just this morning, there were reports of people carrying rice across the border unchecked in the North.

Smuggling through the northern borders as normal as breathing

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zambian Woman Takes Selfie With Her Half Dead Husband, Sends It To Her Boyfriend / Businessman, Linus Owuamanam, Murdered In Ibadan By Unknown Gunmen / Guy Caught Selling Soap As Phone In Lagos (see Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.