Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Dubious And Fraudulent Filling Station - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dubious And Fraudulent Filling Station (455 Views)

A Moving Filling Station In Dubai Shocks Nigerian Man (Pix, Video) / 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? / Rain Destroys A Filling Station In Abuja At Old Kutunku (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dubious And Fraudulent Filling Station by Abojupupa: 10:13pm On Feb 17, 2018
Here is what i experienced with a dubious and fraudulent petrol station today.

I drove along Bodija market today and saw a queue of about 5 cars waiting to buy fuel at MRS Filling station. I quickly joined the queue. The 6 cars including mine were not allowed in until about one hour. When we got in and it was finally my turn, I requested to buy 6k worth of fuel. The attendant said I must add an extra #400. I refused but other customers intervened and I agreed to pay #200 extra. The attendant wouldn't budge. We finally reported to the manager. On realizing the amount of fuel I wanted to buy, he said it was not profitable for him to sell with the additional #200. He then asked the attendant to collect #300.
I calculated the rate per litre of fuel bought for #6400. It was #160 instead of the #145 advertised and displayed on the meter.

My grouse is why was the station deceiving the public by announcing that its fuel was #145 when, after customers have queued up for close to 2hours, they would still buy at #160/liter? The station tricked customers into believing they are buying fuel at #145, but when it is their turn to buy fuel, they are told to add more money. No customer would be willing to drive off without buying fuel since they must have spent hours queueing at the station. If every customer had known the amount, those who would stay would stay. I personally cannot queue to buy fuel at #160/liter. I'll rather drive in freely, buy the fuel and drive away.

Moreover, some customers didn't even know they had been tricked and duped. They went away with the wrong impression that they had bought their fuel at #145! Watch out when next a station attendant insist that you must add something, you are probably paying more than you bargained for.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Corps Member Feared Dead After Ikeja Train Accident / Welcome To Moscow Russia. Fifa 2018 Travel Vlog / 8 Things You Need To Know About Abuja Light Rail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.