Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,330 members, 7,836,397 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Let Celebrate the Life And Times Of Dagrin Here [official Thread] - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Let Celebrate the Life And Times Of Dagrin Here [official Thread] (2928 Views)

MIXTAPE: Dj Baddo Best Of Dagrin Mix / If Dagrin No Go, Olamide No Go Come – Whats Your Take On This? / "Dagrin's Documentary" Remembering His Life And Times. . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Celebrate the Life And Times Of Dagrin Here [official Thread] by fm4real2k6(m): 12:00am On Apr 23, 2010
Guys, its no more news that the CEO is no more, but we just need to move on and i will appreciate it if you can leave any line of song of DAGIN that you like or that you feel, i'll be doing mine too, thanks.

[b][center]Awon ti Ijebu won nfi mi sere bi ifoko. Mi se agbe to lo s’oko
ti o k’oko. Iro ko, awon sisi fem u mi s’oko. Soko yokoto, e ti mo
pe olobe lo l’oko. Omo Naija, ni  maga, ni mugu. Awon Ibo, won
nfi mi sere bi Ugwu. T’oba ri mi, wa ni olboy, se you be Ibo? Se you
be Anambra, abi you be Imo? Mo ma fi n ye won pe I be omo Ogun. I’m
a soldier boy, you call me Akogun. Last album mi to jade, won nipe
ko ta. T’oba gbo ni siyin, o ma fi hip-hop jo bata. Ile oba t’ojona,
ewa lo bu si.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mo ni dream lati fi Ajah se residence
mo ni dream lati di Nigerian president
Owo ti awon president nje lo encourage mi
epe ti awon eyan she fun won lon discourage mi
Mo ni dream lati di pastor
but everytime ni mo n mu shepe, mo de n fa polli
mo ni dream lati believe bi Pastor Chris
but mo wa carried away pelu effizy Ludacris
, u feel this,  i need to hear this again and again, its from DAGRIN,
[/center]
[/b]
Re: Let Celebrate the Life And Times Of Dagrin Here [official Thread] by bgees(m): 12:34am On Apr 23, 2010
I remember the first time I heard him. It was this old Kennis Music show on tv like 2006. the song was Primary 4. It was funny and crazy then but you could see the huge talent he had.

Sorry, i can't find any line to leave here.

Rest In Peace!!
Re: Let Celebrate the Life And Times Of Dagrin Here [official Thread] by skfa1: 12:38am On Apr 23, 2010
Lord pls dont let me cry and dont let me die --- Da Grin cry cry

R I P
Re: Let Celebrate the Life And Times Of Dagrin Here [official Thread] by chic2pimp(m): 12:47am On Apr 23, 2010
sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad I'm absolutely speechless

R.I.P man
Re: Let Celebrate the Life And Times Of Dagrin Here [official Thread] by eldee(m): 12:56am On Apr 23, 2010
I saw his interview with Yemoja, he was one charming guy.
Even in his songs, every Nigerian could relate to what he said.

We were Dagrin . . . he was our everyday next door neighbour.

He did so much with so little time.
His impact was unmistakeable. . .

R.I.P
Re: Let Celebrate the Life And Times Of Dagrin Here [official Thread] by Krayola(m): 12:57am On Apr 23, 2010
Naija ni mi, Naija ni won bi mi si
Naija ni mo ti bere si ni ka ABC
omo Naija, mo le fe yin shi pepsi
Naija, won gbo wa lo ri BBC . . .  Da Grin- Pon Pon Pon

True Naija ambassador. Repped to the fullest. No faking, no dulling, no gawking, no kolomentality. My hero!! I'll miss u like crazy.  cry cry
Re: Let Celebrate the Life And Times Of Dagrin Here [official Thread] by eldee(m): 1:00am On Apr 23, 2010
Krayola:

Naija ni mi, Naija ni won bi mi si
Naija ni mo ti bere si ni ka ABC
omo Naija, mo le fe yin shi pepsi
Naija, won gbo wa lo ri BBC . . .  Da Grin- Pon Pon Pon

True Naija ambassador. Repped to the fullest. No faking, no dulling, no gawking, no kolomentality. My hero!! I'll miss u like crazy.  cry cry

I saw Dagrin in those your hooks. . . it's hard to believe he was in the spotlight for only a short time with all the impact he had.
Re: Let Celebrate the Life And Times Of Dagrin Here [official Thread] by chic2pimp(m): 1:05am On Apr 23, 2010
The really sad thing is that like Biggie we have few songs to remember him by sad sad sad
Re: Let Celebrate the Life And Times Of Dagrin Here [official Thread] by Krayola(m): 1:05am On Apr 23, 2010
eldee:

I saw Dagrin in those your hooks. . . it's hard to believe he was in the spotlight for only a short time with all the impact he had.

I've said several times that IMO he was the best Naija rapper. The first time I heard him i went home and raided youtube and google for all his stuff.  He is a thorough bred. He was 1000% da-grin, 1000% authentic. This is such a sad day. i can't even express what this means to me. When I fantasized about the future i used to picture me and him doing tracks together. As in that was a dream of mine, something I seriously aspired to. this stuff pain me no be small. That guy is soooo special, no be small thing at all.  cry cry
Re: Let Celebrate the Life And Times Of Dagrin Here [official Thread] by Mudley313: 1:16am On Apr 23, 2010
[center][flash=850,600]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/o0MTitXASx4[/flash][/center]
Re: Let Celebrate the Life And Times Of Dagrin Here [official Thread] by Mudley313: 1:19am On Apr 23, 2010
[center][flash=800,650]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/85X9MZbOE0A&[/flash][/center]
Re: Let Celebrate the Life And Times Of Dagrin Here [official Thread] by eldee(m): 1:25am On Apr 23, 2010
Krayola:

I've said several times that IMO he was the best Naija rapper. The first time I heard him i went home and raided youtube and google for all his stuff.  He is a thorough bred. He was 1000% da-grin, 1000% authentic. This is such a sad day. i can't even express what this means to me. When I fantasized about the future i used to picture me and him doing tracks together. As in that was a dream of mine, something I seriously aspired to. this stuff pain me no be small. That guy is soooo special, no be small thing at all.  cry cry

We're not even related to him and it hurts this much . . . think of what his family will be facing. cry cry cry
Re: Let Celebrate the Life And Times Of Dagrin Here [official Thread] by Krayola(m): 1:28am On Apr 23, 2010
eldee:

We're not even related to him and it hurts this much . . . think of what his family will be facing. cry cry cry

My guy. . . I can't even imagine. This na tragedy to the nth degree. sad sad

I'm trying to find where I can get a Da Grin poster to buy. If anyone knows please holla @ ur boy

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjxDeDD6jYs&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Let Celebrate the Life And Times Of Dagrin Here [official Thread] by tosinaded2: 1:34am On Apr 23, 2010
Devil u cnt fool me
am coverd by d blood
notin do me

~DaGrin
Re: Let Celebrate the Life And Times Of Dagrin Here [official Thread] by eldee(m): 1:37am On Apr 23, 2010
Won ni pe life ti moun live pe mi o ni peku
Tolorun o ba pami . . . eeeeh, kilo tu ku??

Dagrin
Re: Let Celebrate the Life And Times Of Dagrin Here [official Thread] by tosinaded2: 1:43am On Apr 23, 2010
To ba ri moto mi ole batch e
oun se dj jimmy jatt so ole scratch e

~jimmy jump off

nigeria every time la n ji riya
wan ni ka ma gbadura
where is mr yaradua?

~dagrin
Re: Let Celebrate the Life And Times Of Dagrin Here [official Thread] by chic2pimp(m): 1:48am On Apr 23, 2010
tosinaded2:

Devil u cnt fool me
am coverd by d blood
notin do me

~DaGrin
Chei Da grin A.K.A Fi mi le jor you too gbaski grin grin
Re: Let Celebrate the Life And Times Of Dagrin Here [official Thread] by eldee(m): 1:52am On Apr 23, 2010
If you're a 100% Yoruba-speaking rapper, let the Lord look down and say, there he goes. . . the best at what he does
I'm sure you can say that about Dagrin. . .

Who else rhymes 'ku sinu ebi' with 'who we be'??

1000% Nigerian, 1000% Dagrin, 1000% of the time.
Re: Let Celebrate the Life And Times Of Dagrin Here [official Thread] by chic2pimp(m): 1:57am On Apr 23, 2010
eldee:

If you're a 100% Yoruba-speaking rapper, let the Lord look down and say, there he goes. . . the best at what he does
I'm sure you can say that about Dagrin. . .

Who else rhymes 'ku sinu ebi' with 'who we be'??

1000% Nigerian, 1000% Dagrin, 1000% of the time.

Dude you are absolutely right.
Also Who else rhymes 'Adura with Yardua' grin
Re: Let Celebrate the Life And Times Of Dagrin Here [official Thread] by tosinaded2: 2:05am On Apr 23, 2010
Nigeria everyday la n ji ri ya

thats one sick line i swear!
Da grin made yoruba look like it was made 4 rapping
Re: Let Celebrate the Life And Times Of Dagrin Here [official Thread] by eldee(m): 2:14am On Apr 23, 2010
Olorun sogo, let's go
Anything ti moba gbowo le
It's a goal

Mo le gba Calabar de Canada
Mo le gba Alaba de Alabama

An te lo siwaju bi Stadium Teslim
Re: Let Celebrate the Life And Times Of Dagrin Here [official Thread] by tosinaded2: 2:19am On Apr 23, 2010
Emo barack obama
emi ni barack ogrin
igboro e biliv pe eyin le win
emi ni champion
kerekoro bi scorpion
seru bawon bi lion
Re: Let Celebrate the Life And Times Of Dagrin Here [official Thread] by mailmalc(m): 2:20am On Apr 23, 2010
#nowplaying Mercies of the Lord ft Da Grin & Rymzo Dayummm. . me speechless. #RIPDAGRIN
Re: Let Celebrate the Life And Times Of Dagrin Here [official Thread] by tosinaded2: 2:24am On Apr 23, 2010
Iyalaya awon to lowo ninu iku lucky dube
awon to ni mio ni dagba to ebenezer obe
Re: Let Celebrate the Life And Times Of Dagrin Here [official Thread] by tosinaded2: 2:27am On Apr 23, 2010
mailmalc:

#nowplaying Mercies of the Lord ft Da Grin & Rymzo Dayummm. . me speechless. #RIPDAGRIN

dude pen'd his lyrics like he knew he was going soon!
Re: Let Celebrate the Life And Times Of Dagrin Here [official Thread] by tosinaded2: 2:39am On Apr 23, 2010
Mercies of the Lord
oye ke ma ba mi lo
everybdy lon gbadura kawon ri ona lo
dagrin pelu oritse femi
Olurun femi o kemi
emimimo wemi
Re: Let Celebrate the Life And Times Of Dagrin Here [official Thread] by fm4real2k6(m): 4:56am On Apr 23, 2010
o ma see ooooo? many quote here really made me close to tears

mailmalc:

Krayola:

My guy. . . I can't even imagine. This na tragedy to the nth degree. sad sad

I'm trying to find where I can get a Da Grin poster to buy. If anyone knows please holla @ your boy

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjxDeDD6jYs&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]

never even hear this one before, wow

this guy is a talent in waste
Re: Let Celebrate the Life And Times Of Dagrin Here [official Thread] by ucyyboy(m): 5:00am On Apr 23, 2010
hi.i cant bliv it,
Re: Let Celebrate the Life And Times Of Dagrin Here [official Thread] by tkb417(m): 6:09am On Apr 23, 2010
I was so much into his music such I try to take his lines as a daily devotional.
I can't complete a line without putting "u never holla"
I don't know him but he remains my best 9ja artiste

May his soul rest in peace
Missing you already
Re: Let Celebrate the Life And Times Of Dagrin Here [official Thread] by Krayola(m): 6:32am On Apr 23, 2010
Damn!! Feels like I just lost a close family member or a best friend or sumn. I no even fit explain am. Kai!!

Yoruba ni mi, mi ki i se DMX
Bere mi la ti Obalende de C.M.S . . .Da grin
Re: Let Celebrate the Life And Times Of Dagrin Here [official Thread] by Saraha1(f): 7:21am On Apr 23, 2010
I was stil sleeping this morning whn i over head  Da GRIN is Dead ,u need to see the way i jump to tel the lady saying it to shut up ad find better thngs doing,i knew i could get the truth frm nairaland, whn i did, God i could nt believe my eyes.I thing i ask of God is that ,whn my Glory shall just be coming out,may i nt be found wanted(AMEN).THIS APPLIES TO EVRY NAIRALANDER.[/color][color=#006600]
Re: Let Celebrate the Life And Times Of Dagrin Here [official Thread] by sinistyle(m): 7:45am On Apr 23, 2010
I'm writing this song to let you know how i am feeling/
mo ti se bigila mo ti bawon ko iyepe filing/
Thank God ft. Omawunmi.
This dude was real, he was streets. He was very original. Took naija rap to a new level. He was the one i felt most amongst the cats out there. A very short stay on the scene yet a huge impact. I know you're a better place!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo: Arnold Schwarzenegger Chilling With Tuface Idibia / Download & Listen Exclusive: Naijaloaded Mixtape Vol 2 - By Deejay Hacker Jp / 2face Booed Off The Stage For Performing His Old Songs In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.