Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Can The Black Panther Movie Balance The Equation? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Can The Black Panther Movie Balance The Equation? (762 Views)

''We Only Worship The Black Jesus In Russia'' - Vladimir Putin / Tension As Russia’s Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov Spotted In The Black Sea / How Armed Black Panther Invaded Capitol In 1967 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can The Black Panther Movie Balance The Equation? by jhubril(m): 3:38pm On Feb 18, 2018
Can The Black Panther(movie)Balance The Equation?

I'm pro-Africa if what it takes is to be realistic to a fault and being able to see the world with clarity . Whatever should lead anyone who identities with the campaign to elevate the African history to exchange facts for fiction is beyond me ,but I do have an idea of the predetermination of our race to be free from racial affronts,whatever the price.

When yesterday the news reached me of the release of the much anticipated Black Panther movie , I first gulped a glass of cold water and prepared a short note for a philosophy forum on Facebook. My object is clear,to have philosophers discuss the possible effects, if any,of this movie on the psyche of a race . At the heart of this note was the question of whether the world will now dignify the black race or continue to spoonfeed it in the typical liberal fashion of the old and new America.(African Americans need true equality ;paper equality is useless),and so far I have yet to conclude that afrofuturism will prove Donald Trump wrong .

Moreover,that the US is now ,as it has been for decades,the rim of pan-africanism is nothing for astonishment . First it was Haiti with the triumph of the black slaves over their colonial masters . It was in Haiti that evocative pan Africanism first developed before it later spread across the globe and took root such places as Ghana, Burkina Faso,Guinea, Nigeria ,Mozambique etc. For failing to curb the lingering inequality within its boarders ,the US has a price to pay and it may have been that the over policing of the African American communities is outgrowth of such failure. For how long does Uncle Tom have to live in fear of a black revolution? Forever?

The Black Panther movie is a science fiction in which a systematically flawed portrayal of black Africa is reached,though not in all cases. The Africa of this movie is African American and because of this its objective to celebrate BLACK SUPREMACY is partly defeated. Need I mention that Captain America is an example of a patriotic American marvel movie which moralises it? There is German parallel,of course,with the same objective.

Finally, I no longer think it is possible to imagine a world without racism and reverse racism as it is the trend currently. Franz Fanon remarked that the white man is trapped by his superiority complex,just as much as the black man is not able to overcome his inferiority complex. The superiority complex of the white man is hidden in racism ,while the inferiority complex of the black man is not measuring up to the white man. Hence the need for historical reconstruction or reverse racism that may be the equation the Black Panther seeks to balance. Will it achieve this feat?

LJ
Re: Can The Black Panther Movie Balance The Equation? by LordReed(m): 7:49pm On Feb 18, 2018
Black Panther is just a figment of imagination. It very well may inspire some people but if we all don't work towards the world we want to see together then no matter how many stories get told we will still be the "dark continent" with every shade of meaning that carries.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can The Black Panther Movie Balance The Equation? by Horus(m): 4:26pm On Feb 19, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjDjIWPwcPU

Black Panther - Official Trailer
Re: Can The Black Panther Movie Balance The Equation? by MIKOLOWISKA: 5:59am On Feb 21, 2018
LordReed:
Black Panther is just a figment of imagination. It very well may inspire some people but if we all don't work towards the world we want to see together then no matter how many stories get told we will still be the "dark continent" with every shade of meaning that carries.
funny how there is no inspiration to mechanise farming mining or providing power for manufacturing.opelope gsm internet
Re: Can The Black Panther Movie Balance The Equation? by LordReed(m): 6:46am On Feb 21, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
funny how there is no inspiration to mechanise farming mining or providing power for manufacturing.opelope gsm internet

You are so correct.
Re: Can The Black Panther Movie Balance The Equation? by ortakida: 7:43am On Feb 23, 2018
The Black Panther movie made me realize just how divided Black people really are.
Re: Can The Black Panther Movie Balance The Equation? by LordReed(m): 9:45am On Feb 23, 2018
ortakida:
The Black Panther movie made me realize just how divided Black people really are.

How?
Re: Can The Black Panther Movie Balance The Equation? by ortakida: 2:28pm On Feb 23, 2018
LordReed:

How?
The movie's premier was the first thing that really connected both groups of people in a long time.

First thing I noticed was how African Americans and Africans thought of each other. During the whole razzmatazz, I saw a post by a Facebook friend, and she said "Real Africans don't like use African Americans". That post got over 2000 comments from different black people.

Funny thing is that she wasn't even a popular person. She was a regular African American who shared what was on her mind and people who held similar views shared the post till it became viral somewhat.

The sort of hate comments that filled that the comments section was overwhelming.

I began to realize that a lot of Africans are ignorant about how Blacks got to America. And a lot of African Americans are ignorant about the sort of struggles Africans are going through.

The only thing that bounded us for so long was the feeling of oppression and the struggle for liberation. Africa thought it got it's completely by the time Mandela became president in 1994.

Meanwhile African Americans have evolved to own and develop their own hybrid culture in the US.

So when both people look at each, they see only their differences. African culture is no longer truly relevant among African Americans, and the latter now see the former as a bunch of ignorant/illiterates who have failed to make anything meaningful for themselves.

And Africans have come to see a stereotypical view about the African American community, as violent, filled with drug addicts and "ungodly".
Re: Can The Black Panther Movie Balance The Equation? by PurpleNneoma: 7:51pm On Feb 24, 2018
Re: Can The Black Panther Movie Balance The Equation? by LordReed(m): 2:05pm On Feb 25, 2018
ortakida:

The movie's premier was the first thing that really connected both groups of people in a long time.

First thing I noticed was how African Americans and Africans thought of each other. During the whole razzmatazz, I saw a post by a Facebook friend, and she said "Real Africans don't like use African Americans". That post got over 2000 comments from different black people.

Funny thing is that she wasn't even a popular person. She was a regular African American who shared what was on her mind and people who held similar views shared the post till it became viral somewhat.

The sort of hate comments that filled that the comments section was overwhelming.

I began to realize that a lot of Africans are ignorant about how Blacks got to America. And a lot of African Americans are ignorant about the sort of struggles Africans are going through.

The only thing that bounded us for so long was the feeling of oppression and the struggle for liberation. Africa thought it got it's completely by the time Mandela became president in 1994.

Meanwhile African Americans have evolved to own and develop their own hybrid culture in the US.

So when both people look at each, they see only their differences. African culture is no longer truly relevant among African Americans, and the latter now see the former as a bunch of ignorant/illiterates who have failed to make anything meaningful for themselves.

And Africans have come to see a stereotypical view about the African American community, as violent, filled with drug addicts and "ungodly".

Good evaluation.

1 Like

Re: Can The Black Panther Movie Balance The Equation? by KingSango(m): 3:45am On May 01, 2018
jhubril:
Can The Black Panther(movie)Balance The Equation?

I'm pro-Africa if what it takes is to be realistic to a fault and being able to see the world with clarity . Whatever should lead anyone who identities with the campaign to elevate the African history to exchange facts for fiction is beyond me ,but I do have an idea of the predetermination of our race to be free from racial affronts,whatever the price.

When yesterday the news reached me of the release of the much anticipated Black Panther movie , I first gulped a glass of cold water and prepared a short note for a philosophy forum on Facebook. My object is clear,to have philosophers discuss the possible effects, if any,of this movie on the psyche of a race . At the heart of this note was the question of whether the world will now dignify the black race or continue to spoonfeed it in the typical liberal fashion of the old and new America.(African Americans need true equality ;paper equality is useless),and so far I have yet to conclude that afrofuturism will prove Donald Trump wrong .

Moreover,that the US is now ,as it has been for decades,the rim of pan-africanism is nothing for astonishment . First it was Haiti with the triumph of the black slaves over their colonial masters . It was in Haiti that evocative pan Africanism first developed before it later spread across the globe and took root such places as Ghana, Burkina Faso,Guinea, Nigeria ,Mozambique etc. For failing to curb the lingering inequality within its boarders ,the US has a price to pay and it may have been that the over policing of the African American communities is outgrowth of such failure. For how long does Uncle Tom have to live in fear of a black revolution? Forever?

The Black Panther movie is a science fiction in which a systematically flawed portrayal of black Africa is reached,though not in all cases. The Africa of this movie is African American and because of this its objective to celebrate BLACK SUPREMACY is partly defeated. Need I mention that Captain America is an example of a patriotic American marvel movie which moralises it? There is German parallel,of course,with the same objective.

Finally, I no longer think it is possible to imagine a world without racism and reverse racism as it is the trend currently. Franz Fanon remarked that the white man is trapped by his superiority complex,just as much as the black man is not able to overcome his inferiority complex. The superiority complex of the white man is hidden in racism ,while the inferiority complex of the black man is not measuring up to the white man. Hence the need for historical reconstruction or reverse racism that may be the equation the Black Panther seeks to balance. Will it achieve this feat?

LJ

It's Hollywood trickery nothing more. When I attended Full Sail Film Academy they taught most films are 30 frames per second. The conscious mind can only perceive 15 frames per second, all else goes into the subconscious mind. That's literally a whole movie you do not consciously perceive. Plus hidden sigils and color magick done on the watcher and sound effects. Going to see a movie is like attending a satanic ritual that you think is a church revival. grin

You must learn the occult and you never watch their satanic movies and television again.

www.undergroudriseup..com

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Iran Shoots Down A U.S. Drone, Escalating Tensions / Gulf Of Alaska: Pacific Ocean & The Atlantic Ocean Refuse To Mix (pics) / Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro Tests Positive For Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.