Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

Iyanya: Why I Left Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Iyanya: Why I Left Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records (47218 Views)

Don Jazzy Mavin Records Marks 10th Anniversary / Meet Crayon: Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records Signs New Artist / Tiwa Savage Leaves Don Jazzy's Mavin Records After 7 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iyanya: Why I Left Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records by lagosmp3(m): 3:48pm On Feb 18, 2018
Kukere master, Iyanya, has explained why he left Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records less than two years after teaming up with the record label.

The MTN project Fame star appeared to have been fed up with life under Don Jazzy, as he was said to have struggled to repeat the same feat that made him one of Nigeria’s promising music stars some five years ago.

Though, Iyanya said his decision to leave the label that prides itself as one of the biggest music records in Africa was because of his plan to keep seeking for ways to become better with his music career that many people believed was failing.

Iyanya, who is now signed to The Temple Music, in a recent radio interview, said he discovered it was time for him to move on and face new challenges life might throw at him, adding that he remains a Mavin for life.
With Tiwa Savage, Reekardo Banks, Korede Bello, Dr SID, Di’ja and a number of others on the Mavin label, Iyanya failed to push his career through. He struggled to release an EP and two videos while he was with the label.

Speaking on why he left, the singer denied claims in some quarters that his exit was to connect with the big acts on the label, adding that ‘’It was not beef. I was there and it was time to move on. I’m now signed to Temple Music but, I am a Mavin for life.’’

His exit leaves the Mavin with Tiwa, Dr Sid D’Prince, Di’ja, Reekado Banks, Korede Bello, Johny Drille, Poe and the DNA twins.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.tribuneonlineng.com/i-left-don-jazzys-mavin-records-iyanya/%3famp_markup=1

Re: Iyanya: Why I Left Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records by VERQUEST111: 3:57pm On Feb 18, 2018
okay Next.....!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyanya: Why I Left Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records by lagosmp3(m): 4:06pm On Feb 18, 2018
VERQUEST111:
okay
Next.....!!!!!

Osha Pra pra

17 Likes

Re: Iyanya: Why I Left Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records by HORLADSTAR(m): 4:33pm On Feb 18, 2018
lagosmp3:

Osha Pra pra
Osha Pro Pro

27 Likes

Re: Iyanya: Why I Left Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records by Ebios(m): 4:52pm On Feb 18, 2018
Lol...as if l care.So this one is news?
Will ur leaving put food on our tables?
When u left Freda Francis, Yvvonne Nelson, Tonto Dike did the sky fall on them?
NoOoOoOoO.
So it is not news bc we know u as a rolling stone that gathers......

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iyanya: Why I Left Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records by Nobody: 5:03pm On Feb 18, 2018
lagosmp3:

Osha Pra pra

Osha Pro Pro!!!
Re: Iyanya: Why I Left Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records by VERQUEST111: 6:51pm On Feb 18, 2018
lagosmp3:

Osha Pra pra

am telling you
Re: Iyanya: Why I Left Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records by Stethaine: 8:53pm On Feb 18, 2018
You left because you are no more productive. You lack talent now.no body to give you new song to sing .

11 Likes

Re: Iyanya: Why I Left Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records by boolet: 8:53pm On Feb 18, 2018
cheesy Why you dey find wetin no lost?

1 Like

Re: Iyanya: Why I Left Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records by helphelp: 8:53pm On Feb 18, 2018
No iwulo
Re: Iyanya: Why I Left Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records by eliash: 8:54pm On Feb 18, 2018
Nobody wan know why u comot dat wan na ur business oga

1 Like

Re: Iyanya: Why I Left Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records by hamedollar(m): 8:54pm On Feb 18, 2018
You should have taken advice from wande coal, dbanj and okechukwu before you joined donjazzy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyanya: Why I Left Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records by legalwealth(m): 8:54pm On Feb 18, 2018
Nice one
Re: Iyanya: Why I Left Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records by Annibel(f): 8:54pm On Feb 18, 2018
I’m now signed to Temple Music but, I am a Mavin for life.’’

You'll just be confusing people anyhow... my friend choose one ��

13 Likes

Re: Iyanya: Why I Left Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records by Stanleyville(m): 8:54pm On Feb 18, 2018
mumu !
i knew from d onset say una union na dead on arrival!!
so am nt surprised atal

1 Like

Re: Iyanya: Why I Left Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records by winbothhalf: 8:54pm On Feb 18, 2018
pls wat is iyanya? was it a club name in ITALY: Serie D - Group F?

5 Likes

Re: Iyanya: Why I Left Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records by jaymejate: 8:54pm On Feb 18, 2018
It Would Be Funny When This Nyanma Guy Realize No 1 Gives A Fork About His career Thing

2 Likes

Re: Iyanya: Why I Left Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 18, 2018
I have two questions for you

1:how does this make me pass post-utme
2:how can i become a gangster in Oxford University

As if I care, when you da there do I know

You must be crazy man

1 Like

Re: Iyanya: Why I Left Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records by miqos02(m): 8:56pm On Feb 18, 2018
Kkk
Re: Iyanya: Why I Left Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records by biggy26: 8:57pm On Feb 18, 2018
This guy don too old for all this. His value has massively dropped. All those rolling of waist no dey move market again.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyanya: Why I Left Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records by Mitsurugi(m): 8:58pm On Feb 18, 2018
You left MAVIN because you lack FOCUS and cannot bring your A game to a label full of untalented kids. Work hard at your new label by having a lot of quiet time to reflect, spend more time at a studio at your own behest, reduce the clubbing and moronic jumping from one WAIST to the other and above all pay respect to your craft! My two quid grin

9 Likes

Re: Iyanya: Why I Left Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records by seancombs617: 8:58pm On Feb 18, 2018
Stethaine:
You left because you are no more productive. You lack talent now.no body to give you new song to sing .

Don Jazzy is dat u?
grin

10 Likes

Re: Iyanya: Why I Left Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records by timwudz(m): 8:59pm On Feb 18, 2018
Annibel:
hmmm
is that the sound u make when u moan?
e go bam o

2 Likes

Re: Iyanya: Why I Left Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records by Ojuororun(m): 8:59pm On Feb 18, 2018
HORLADSTAR:
Osha Pro Pro
osha pra progrin

2 Likes

Re: Iyanya: Why I Left Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records by aspirebig: 9:00pm On Feb 18, 2018
Recycled stories no dey tire una ??

This is 2018 please....bringing old news to disturb our sunday evening.

Mtchewww
Re: Iyanya: Why I Left Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records by emmanuelpopson(m): 9:04pm On Feb 18, 2018
since he left doyin aka dtunes his long time producer who partnered with him to stardom. he has been struggling and having difficulties to stay afloat... he should not forget his roots..

5 Likes

Re: Iyanya: Why I Left Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records by Flexherbal(m): 9:05pm On Feb 18, 2018
Ok
Re: Iyanya: Why I Left Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records by levelss(m): 9:10pm On Feb 18, 2018
Annibel:
I’m now signed to Temple Music but, I am a Mavin for life.’’

You'll just be confusing people anyhow... my friend choose one ��
TempleMervin
Re: Iyanya: Why I Left Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records by Deckline(m): 9:11pm On Feb 18, 2018
Iyanya,just know that i still love you more than Buhari

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Toyin Abraham And Husband, Kola Ajeyemi In Loved Up Photo / Juliet Ibrahim Slams Daddy Freeze Over His Comment On Xenophobia Attack In SA / 10 Nigerian Actresses Who Married Foreigners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.