Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,275 members, 7,839,370 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? (47202 Views)

How Much Is Ghana From Mile 2 Please? / Is Russia A Good Place To Live? / Best Place To Visit In The World Is Ghana. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by DisGuy: 3:17pm On Apr 29, 2010
[size=14pt]Can you guys please stick to the topic and advice the poster [/size]
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by Gbawe: 3:20pm On Apr 29, 2010
K4:

To the other fellow who says this is a Nigerian site and if we don’t like we should go away. Well, I have no problem with this being a Nigerian web site exclusively for Nigerians. But then you must as well talk solely about Nigeria. If you make other countries an issue then it no longer becomes a Nigerian site.

You should have a problem with it but , as you are a foul-mouthed hater , you don't because you know that you are always saying the same thing , and worse, all the time. Those who say this is a Nigerian site , to ward you off, are just being unhelpfully protectionist if you are discussing amiably . When you come here and pour invectives and scorn on Nigerian then excuse folks for telling you to clear off.
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by Sonofpeace(m): 4:08pm On Apr 29, 2010
K4:

Ogogoro, apketeshie, sapele water, kparaga, kai-kai, short cut,shepe,agwanta,jipiti and push-me-push-you

My greatest wish is to see all Nigerians pull out their so-called investments from Ghana, even if for six months- and let’s see what impact that will have on the Ghanaian economy. In my opinion, that will settle the debate about how much ‘investment’ Nigerians are making in Ghana.

To the other fellow who says this is a Nigerian site and if we don’t like we should go away. Well, I have no problem with this being a Nigerian web site exclusively for Nigerians. But then you must as well talk solely about Nigeria. If you make other countries an issue then it no longer becomes a Nigerian site.For everyone who feels vilified has the right to hit back and in the manner he deems appropriate. We all don’t have the same temperament so blame the person who goes out of his/her way to start a quarrel. Search the thread; I did not start the insults. Go back and identify those who thought an innocuous request for information regarding a young Nigerian woman’s desire to relocate to Ghana was a perfect opportunity to exhibit their morbid hatred for the Motherland. I guess you guys didn't see that unwarranted attack on Ghana,huh? I only responded to it, so why blame me? I have the right to hit back and I will always exercise that right with the highest degree of passion, commitment and venom whether on nairaland or any where else. Again, what rubbish!

Go get a life because You are lacking One Chale. From what i have seen here You're never an Abrantie, you're a bad en wicked poor Ghanaman. When i was in Ghana(Fly-top Achimota to be precise) i have 3 ghanaians in my payroll eventhough i was working under my uncles company then. Do you know what? They call me Master Boss, why? Because i sustain their families en pay their bills yet i was only 18/19 years. When i came back to Nigeria three of them became jobless en two started selling coconut while the other one became a scavenger. If i may ask, What do you know about employment and Job creation? Have you ever in your life employed people to work for you? If no, then i'll never reply your post cos we're not in the same league.
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by Gbawe: 4:09pm On Apr 29, 2010
shesi link=topic=435524.msg5967405#msg5967405 date=1272484169[quote author=shesi:

The FACT is Ghana is on the up and up. We're moving up. Nigeria on the other hand it as best at Standstill. More realistically moving backwards. This is the painful truth farkups like londoner and Gbawe are so pained by. They are motivated by pure jealously and sheer disbelief that Ghana is now outdoing them in every possible way.
YOu have a spineless looser like Gbawe who couldn't hack it first in the UK, and now in GHana, and instead of coming to terms with the fact that he is just a failure by default, he chooses to attack Ghana,the noble country hosting an  invalid like him, at every single opportunity.

Shesi , you are the worst of the Ghanaian posters here. You lie shamelessly and I have exposed you several times in the past. You are rude and irreverent. Attacking folks you know nothing about is the hallmark of your writing style. You make wild claims that defy logic in your attempt to usurp what you do not possess all in the desperation to measure up to those you feel inadequate in comparison to .

These day , if you do not know , it is not the diasporan "who could not hack it in London" who are moving back to Africa. Unlike you who , by your own admission , has been away from Ghana for a long time (probably with nothing to show for vast years abroad) , the diasporans moving back are often those who are extremely successful in the diaspora and now wanting to consolidate on that success and , if they have kids, provide an enviroment where their children can grow up empowered with a winning mentality in their Africaness. Olodo like you would not understand this . Many have several homes/shares/stock/general inevstments they have remortgaged or cashed in to release the type of funds that would ensure they enter Africa with superlative business models. A fool like you would not know this because empty pontification on the net is what you do while you go to your menial job in the diaspora freezing yourself to death daily.

My own cousin is opening an IKEA-type concept in Nigeria soon. After fifteen years in the UK he was at the top of the tree as an IT project manager earning close to $6000 a week with several homes (personal and investment). He is now living in Nigeria with his family . That is an example of those moving back while haters like you remain abroad commenting on issues you know nothing about and foolishly and ignorantly thinking everyone wants to die worshipping "Obroni" like you . It is unlikely you can become a Dangote or Alhaji Banda wherever you are in the diaspora but many  Africans , already very successful in the diaspora, now realise that they can get to the Banda, Dangote level by moving back home with dual benefits of raising cultured kids.

Unlike your brother K4 , who bragged of doing great things in Nigeria, I am not interested in chest-thumping . If , with your low ambition , loser mentality and poor grasp of the relocating diaspora , you sleep better viewing me as a failed diasporan then be my guest.

The likes of you will always contend that Nigerians envy you and that is why we talk . Not so at all . I actually pity a lot of you. You are weak and easily dominated . you show no substantial ambition, panache or zest. Even in your own Country , and backed by your own Government,  you are third best at everything .

Let me give a perfect example of the dithering weakness and lack of ambition, innovation and business charisma that indicates how , logically,  it must be many Ghanaian men who envy their Nigerian couterpart - to the extent that in exposed climes like the UK Ghanaian women are marrying Nigerian men and ABG (meaning anyone but Ghanaian as explained to me by a Ghanaian girlfriend of my wife) more than any other African women are marrying men not from their region of origin.

Oxford Street at Osu is probably the number premier high street in Ghana . Ask my Ghanaian brothers how many Ghanaian companies are operating on this prime location in their own Country!!! We have Somovision, Frankies,Papaye, Koala, Binatone and many other Lebanese electronic shop and ventures. MTN (South African ) is present. Zain (Saudi Arabia) is there too along with Dynasty and about one or two other Chinese Restaurant. Chicken Republic and Glo (Nigerian) are included too. Now why would any Nigerian envy men who , on their own soil and accounting for local advantage, allow foreigners to totally dominate even the most mundane of businesses ? Nigerians now run many long distance luxury bus routes (eg Accra to Kumasi) and you contend they envy you ?

I could go on. You guys should face facts. No sane Nigerian man would envy a Ghanaian man. What Nigerians find admirable about Ghana is its constant electricity, stable democracy and relatively peaceful society. Those are things that can be sorted out in the same way Ghana sorted those things out. Can Ghanaians easily sort out a lack of natural flair, charisma, ambition and drive ? These are the qualities Nigerians , on an individual basis , have that Ghanaians (and other Africans) envy them for. With some Ghanaians this envy is manifested in rabid hatred of all things Nigerian.

I doubt any Nigerian man would look at a Ghanaian and think I want to be like him when , on a man-to-man basis , the Nigerian is more domineering, more driven, more innovative , more charismatic and simply more effective. My brother the envy , naturally , can simply and logically only be one way.

3 Likes

Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by Sonofpeace(m): 4:24pm On Apr 29, 2010
Gbawe:

Shesi , you are the worst of the Ghanaian posters here. You lie shamelessly and I have exposed you several times in the past. You are rude and irreverent. Attacking folks you know nothing about is the hallmark of your writing style. You make wild claims that defy logic in your attempt to usurp what you do not possess all in the desperation to measure up to those you feel inadequate in comparison to .

These day , if you do not know , it is not the diasporan "who could not hack it in London" who are moving back to Africa. Unlike you who , by your own admission , has been away from Ghana for a long time (probably with nothing to show for vast years abroad) , the diasporans moving back are often those who are extremely successful in the diaspora and now wanting to consolidate on that success and , if they have kids, provide an enviroment where their children can grow up empowered with a winning mentality in their Africaness. Olodo like you would not understand this . Many have several homes/shares/stock/general inevstments they have remortgaged or cashed in to release the type of funds that would ensure they enter Africa with superlative business models. A fool like you would not know this because empty pontification on the net is what you do while you go to your menial job in the diaspora freezing yourself to death daily.

My own cousin is opening an IKEA-type concept in Nigeria soon. After fifteen years in the UK he was at the top of the tree as an IT project manager earning close to $6000 a week with several homes (personal and rented). He is now living in Nigeria with his family . That is an example of those moving back while haters like you remain abroad commenting on issues you know nothing about and foolishly and ignorantly thinking everyone wants to die worshipping "Obroni" like you . It is unlikely you can become a Dangote or Alhaji Banda wherever you are in the diaspora but many  Africans , already very successful in the diaspora, now realise that they can get to the Banda, Dangote level by moving back home with dual benefits of raising cultured kids.

Unlike your brother K4 , who bragged of doing great things in Nigeria, I am not interested in chest-thumping . If , with your low ambition , loser mentality and poor grasp of the relocating diaspora , you sleep better viewing me as a failed diasporan then be my guest.

The likes of you will always contend that Nigerians envy you and that is why we talk . Not so at all . I actually pity a lot of you. You are weak and easily dominated . you show no substantial ambition, panache or zest. Even in your own Country , and backed by your own Government,  you are third best at everything .

Let me give a perfect example of the dithering weakness and lack of ambition, innovation and business charisma that indicates how , logically,  it must be many Ghanaian men who envy their Nigerian couterpart - to the extent that in exposed climes like the UK Ghanaian women are marrying Nigerian men and ABG (meaning anyone but Ghanaian as explained to me by a Ghanaian girlfriend of my wife) more than any other African women are marrying men not from their region of origin.

Oxford Street at Osu is probably the number premier high street in Ghana . Ask my Ghanaian brothers how many Ghanaian companies are operating on this prime location in their own Country!!! We have Somovision, Frankies,Papaye, Koala, Binatone and many other Lebanese electronic shop and ventures. MTN (South African ) is present. Zain (Saudi Arabia) is there too along with Dynasty and about one or two other Chinese Restaurant. Chicken Republic and Glo (Nigerian) are included too. Now why would any Nigerian envy men who , on their own soil and accounting for local advantage, allow foreigners to totally dominate even the most mundane of businesses ?

I could go on. You guys should face facts. No sane Nigerian man would envy a Ghanaian man. What Nigerians find admirable about Ghana is its constant electricity, stable democracy and relatively peaceful society. I doubt any Nigerian man would look at a Ghanaian and think I want to be like him when , on a man-to-man basis , the Nigerian is more domineering, more driven, more innovative , more charismatic and simply more effective. My brother the envy , naturally , can simply and logically only be one way.

Thank You Brother!!
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by Sonofpeace(m): 4:25pm On Apr 29, 2010
Gbawe:

My own cousin is opening an IKEA-type concept in Nigeria soon. After fifteen years in the UK he was at the top of the tree as an IT project manager earning close to $6000 a week with several homes (personal and rented). He is now living in Nigeria with his family . That is an example of those moving back while haters like you remain abroad commenting on issues you know nothing about and foolishly and ignorantly thinking everyone wants to die worshipping "Obroni" like you . It is unlikely you can become a Dangote or Alhaji Banda wherever you are in the diaspora but many  Africans , already very successful in the diaspora, now realise that they can get to the Banda, Dangote level by moving back home with dual benefits of raising cultured kids.

Oxford Street at Osu is probably the number premier high street in Ghana . Ask my Ghanaian brothers how many Ghanaian companies are operating on this prime location in their own Country!!! We have Somovision, Frankies,Papaye, Koala, Binatone and many other Lebanese electronic shop and ventures. MTN (South African ) is present. Zain (Saudi Arabia) is there too along with Dynasty and about one or two other Chinese Restaurant. Chicken Republic and Glo (Nigerian) are included too. Now why would any Nigerian envy men who , on their own soil and accounting for local advantage, allow foreigners to totally dominate even the most mundane of businesses ?

I could go on. You guys should face facts. No sane Nigerian man would envy a Ghanaian man. What Nigerians find admirable about Ghana is its constant electricity, stable democracy and relatively peaceful society. I doubt any Nigerian man would look at a Ghanaian and think I want to be like him when , on a man-to-man basis , the Nigerian is more domineering, more driven, more innovative , more charismatic and simply more effective. My brother the envy , naturally , can simply and logically only be one way.

You Summarized the whole discourse. This is really the END OF DISCUSSION!
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by maximac: 5:29pm On Apr 29, 2010
PLEASE don't ever try to go to that fucking dump yard called ghana. You can not even compare the whole of ghana to half of Lagos, I'm talking in terms of infrastructure, civilization, development, entertainment, jobs, the people e.t.c (everything). So, don't even compare the whole of Nigeria to that dustbin country called ghana. If am very very serious. I am talking from experience. I mistakenly went there and I to my surprise I now acknowledge ghanians being hostile to a great nation (Nigeria) and to the people that have been assisting them (Nigerians). Just don't speak English in any part of ghana, then you are in trouble, because they will automatically know that you are a Nigerian and they will start to envy you. You can't walk on the street freely, you will see hundreds of people starring at you as if you are a star or cinema. It's not that they are starring at you out of goodwill, No! They will stare at you out of bitterness and diabolic hearts they all have.

ghanians are jealous of Nigerians, because Nigerians are smarter, intelligent, educated, civilized and 1,000,000 times richer than them. They jealous a whole Nigeria, because the whole of ghana as a country can not be compared to Lagos, and it's 100% true. The finest place in ghana is very small place called legon in accra, that shit legon can not be compared to just festac, not to mention other BIG BIG expensive and luxurious places in LAG. There is no single job in ghana, if even you will get any job, then here is what u will get: A banker or any of there highest paid worker earns only 100 cedi or highest 200 cedi monthly, that is equivalent to 10,000naria and 200 cedi to 20,000 naira. A cleaner at any of smallest bank in Nigeria even earns more than 30,000naira monthly. I tell you the truth that nigeria electricity is even more bearable than to ones in ghana. I stayed in one dirty fu*king ghetto called hatso-dome which is known to all ghanians as one of there best place, but I tell you the truth that place is not compared to small parts of Orile. That dome-hasto or whatever is called has been without light for 2 weeks now, and there have been steady light off over the whole ghana (power outage is called "light off" in ghana).

People of 9ja, I used to complain about Nigeria before, but after I went out of 9ja I now realized that Nigeria is 100 times far ahead of all this Africa countries million times, excluding South Africa and probably Egypt.
Nigerians, please let us start showing respects and love our beloved country NIGERIA. I know that our Government has been our complain, but yet Nigeria is 10,000 times better than that fu*kin devilish place called ga. I can not even call the name again, because it's disgusting. ghanians are the most jealous and cruel people on earth.

Stupid and extreme black people with black-wicked heart. I bi complete 9ja - African man to the core, but my brother if you see ghana or their ugly girls then you will know this saying is right : " Black person with black mind". This is what applies to ghanians: Black person with devilish, wicked, horror, envious mind".

You that fucking maggot K4 and other ghanians cockroaches stay off this site and go continue using ur fetish to kill yourselves in ur extreme hot melting junkyard.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by Gbawe: 6:01pm On Apr 29, 2010
shesi:

The FACT is Ghana is on the up and up. We're moving up. Nigeria on the other hand it as best at Standstill. More realistically moving backwards. This is the painful truth farkups like londoner and Gbawe are so pained by.

grin grin grin Shesi , simply the greatest and most shameless liar in cyberspace. You are always willing to tell any lie to prop up your inferiority complex against Nigerians.

What do you know about Ghana when you stated yourself you have been away for a long time ? Do you know that all of Accra is now experiencing light-off ? Please call home Mr "Obroni" lover to confirm. I had no electricity for over twelve hours yesterday and over 7 hours the day before that. I commisioned a welder to make some metal furniture for my Pagoda/Summer hut 4 days ago . the items were due to be delivered today . When I dropped in on him he apologised saying that he had had light-off for the past three days !!!!

Decieving the world so that you appear better than Nigeria and Nigerians  , even if defying logic while doing so, is the modus operandi of many Ghanaians.

Remember the thread in which we discussed your fellow deciever (your Energy Minister) last year? Your energy Minister came to Nigeria to illogically brag that Ghana has "concluded plans to be a major exporters of electricity to Nigeria". Many of us stated that this was not feasible given that Ghana itself was experiencing outages . There is also the small matter that no single megawatt has been added to the grid of late and that many power projects were pending . So where was the "major export to Nigeria" you and your Minister bragged of coming from?

I adviced you and other Ghanaians on that thread to desist from mind-boggling, outlandish and distractive lies   , aimed at ridiculing Nigeria,  to sooth you inferiority complex. I told you that Ghana and Ghanaians are better off ignoring your decietful Minister to focus on improving your generation given that the oil find and numerous estates under construction meant that demand would rise.

Instead, as you are doing on this thread , you preferred to insult everyone uncouthly . What is happening today? outages everywhere !!! Atta-Mills has been on TV telling off ECG !!!!

Anyway I will leave you to keep dreaming and solely basing everything you talk about on what you hear about Ghana and Nigeria even as you have "not been to Ghana for a while" and probably never visited Nigeria. I know that allowing others to thrive ahead of you on your own soil is the trademark of many Ghanaians but I cannot be bothered to educate you. Go home yourself one of these days to see What life is like for the average Ghanaian  cool cool

It is pointless having a Monaco type Nation (playground for the rich) and concluding that others envy you based on that status. Some of us actually consider it repulsive that Ghanaians are comfortable with the Lebanese dominating them totally on African soil yet they vehemently resist assisting other Africans from Nigeria and Liberia . Yes , some Ghanaians have superlative lifestyle but so does virtually every foreigner to including those who have no respect for you (like the Lebanese) and would only employ you as a washerman or toilet cleaner in their own country even if you had twelve PHDs.
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by Martass: 7:38pm On Apr 29, 2010
Gbawe,

Heheheh, you sound very confused. You come here thrashing Ghanaians with so much hatred and yet you are telling me you can't leave. You have a Ghanaian wife so what? If you see problems which does not exist or want to make mountains out of ant hills then it’s about time you hit the road to a less xenophobic area or better still to Nigeria, your country. You come here talking as if Nigeria is heaven and yet you are stuck in Ghana. Family? No problem, pack everybody and go back to your heaven.

Better Nigerians who are schooling and appreciate the hospitality of Ghanaians and don't see the so-called xenophobic Ghanaians Gbawe sees don't come here and talk thrash about Ghana. I am a Ghanaian and I know Ghanaians are the last people who would hate foreigners unless and I repeat unless the foreigners come and try to crap over their land. You have buried your head deep somewhere and have refused consistently that Nigerians have often been problematic any where they go. There is a history of your behavior in countries all over and yet you try to rationalize and interpret it as Nigerians being smart. Let your people try putting up a good image and they would not have problems.

You have a Ghanaian wife so everything must be changed for you, right? Wrong. Many Nigerians in Ghana are dubiously acquiring Ghanaian passport thinking that would make them Ghanaians, hell no. The same way I can’t go to Nigeria, get a Nigeria wife or passport and try to play the alpha male in town. You people don’t get it.
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by Sonofpeace(m): 7:56pm On Apr 29, 2010
Martass:

Gbawe,

Heheheh, you sound very confused. You come here thrashing Ghanaians with so much hatred and yet you are telling me you can't leave. You have a Ghanaian wife so what? If you see problems which does not exist or want to make mountains out of ant hills then it’s about time you hit the road to a less xenophobic area or better still to Nigeria, your country. You come here talking as if Nigeria is heaven and yet you are stuck in Ghana. Family? No problem, pack everybody and go back to your heaven.

Better Nigerians who are schooling and appreciate the hospitality of Ghanaians and don't see the so-called xenophobic Ghanaians Gbawe sees don't come here and talk thrash about Ghana. I am a Ghanaian and I know Ghanaians are the last people who would hate foreigners unless and I repeat unless the foreigners come and try to crap over their land. You have buried your head deep somewhere and have refused consistently that Nigerians have often been problematic any where they go. There is a history of your behavior in countries all over and yet you try to rationalize and interpret it as Nigerians being smart. Let your people try putting up a good image and they would not have problems.

You have a Ghanaian wife so everything must be changed for you, right? Wrong. Many Nigerians in Ghana are dubiously acquiring Ghanaian passport thinking that would make them Ghanaians, hell no. The same way I can’t go to Nigeria, get a Nigeria wife or passport and try to play the alpha male in town. You people don’t get it.

Your point is? Trash this brainless comments to the recycle bin plz! NEXT!!
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by Gbawe: 8:28pm On Apr 29, 2010
Martass:

Gbawe,

you are the confused one. Where did I say I can't leave Ghana ? Your comprehension skill is very poor same as those of many of your fellowmen who have posted on this thread. I cannot be bothered with the rest of the nonsense you wrote. Stating that "Nigerians are problematic anywhere they go" is just another excuse to justify your xenophobic behaviour against a people you fear and feel inferior to . Just like your fellow Ghanaian claimed wildy on this forum that 3 out of every 5 armed robbery in Ghana is commited by Nigerians  shocked shocked

Are you in Ghana ? Have you been to Ghana lately ? Please Read the papers to note that it is unemployment and "lack of money in the system" that is forcing Ghanaians (especially the youths) into robbery.  It is mainly Ghanaians who are displayed on the frontpage of the Graphic for various crime from robbery to sexual defilement of children under 5 . Nigerian hustlers and thieves come to Ghana but they hardly ever stay when they realise that there is "no money in the system" so please stop talking as if Nigerians are visibly commiting crime and misdemeanour throughout Ghana. The Nigerians who are here for considerable periods are the investors who come with their own finance that enables them enter their target market at the right and profitable end.  Yet "Ostriches" like you feel more comfortable propagating that Nigerians are "problematic" to provide an excuse for your xenophobic actions towards them that is really meant to mask deep hatred driven by the inferiority complex you feel.
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by salamander(m): 9:10pm On Apr 29, 2010
It is getting more confusing, lol
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by Martass: 9:10pm On Apr 29, 2010
There you go with your superiority complex. I don't know how you really muster the courage to write that garbage. You people can't even be superior to dogs. What makes you so pompous? Beats me. Yeah right, married to Ghanaian my ass.
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by Gbawe: 9:27pm On Apr 29, 2010
Dis Guy:

[size=14pt]Can you guys please stick to the topic and advice the poster [/size]

Yes . Sure.

Job/Business Opportunity:

As a Nigerian, forget coming to Ghana to hustle or get a job. Hustling is out of the question because you can make far more doing the same thing in Nigeria . there is far less business activities here so it is far more difficult to hustle legitimately in Ghana. Half-decent jobs (banking, insurance, et al) are snapped up before the ads reach print. Pay for most jobs is less than equivalent pay for similar positions in Nigeria.

Things begin to get juicy when you come with your own appreciable capital. You can immediately turn your hand to property development , money market investment, transportation, hotel and tourism (including eatery services) , export of standardized specialist finished goods , manufacturing and even farming because land , compared to Nigeria , is still reasonably cheap in Ghana. Local Uptake of fairly complex to very complex and capital intensive business opportunities is still fairly low. Despite the noise of the likes of Shesi that "Ghana is on the up" it is still foreign players who continue to enter and dominate the most profitable markets and industries.

If you can't get a job here and you are not here to invest what will you do ? Enjoy electricity and cool breeze outdoor at 3 am?

It is late now and I will post tomorrow on other aspects on living in Ghana .
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by Gbawe: 9:42pm On Apr 29, 2010
Martass:

There you go with your superiority complex. I don't know how you really muster the courage to write that garbage. You people can't even be superior to dogs. What makes you so pompous? Beats me. Yeah right, married to Ghanaian my backside.

Prove anything I have stated is erroneous or a lie then !!!! You may not be a blatant liar like Abrantie, K4 , Shesi and your other decietful countrymen but it should be obvious to you that I know what I am talking about and that I do not have time for fibs. Is Glo not on Oxford Street as I stated ? Is Chicken Republic not there either? Are many of the Nigerian investors in Ghana not involved in top-end business models Ghanaians stay away from ? Even in the no-brainer sectors , like transportation, Nigerians are gaining a foothold. Go and find out who are fast muscling in on the long distance ( eg Accra to Kumasi) luxury bus transport operations !!!! Hating Nigerians and Hurling abuse is all you guys like to do rather than introspect, re-motivate and assertively take advantage of opportunities you should naturally be best positioned to utilise in your own domain.

You prefer to try and frustrate a people you feel you can't compete with by doing petty things such as refusing to rent homes to them and lying to the world that they are "problematic criminals and armed robbers" . Disgraceful !!!!

It is funny how the xenophobia , in my 9 year observation, has increased exponentially with the entry and success of many Nigerian businesses in Ghana . Strange ain't it ?
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by shesi(m): 10:08pm On Apr 29, 2010

My own cousin is opening an IKEA-type concept in Nigeria soon. After fifteen years in the UK he was at the top of the tree as an IT project manager earning close to $6000 a week with several homes (personal and investment). He is now living in Nigeria with his family . That is an example of those moving back while haters like you remain abroad commenting on issues you know nothing about and foolishly and ignorantly thinking everyone wants to die worshipping "Obroni" like you . It is unlikely you can become a Dangote or Alhaji Banda wherever you are in the diaspora but many  Africans , already very successful in the diaspora, now realise that they can get to the Banda, Dangote level by moving back home with dual benefits of raising cultured kids.

The likes of you will always contend that Nigerians envy you and that is why we talk . Not so at all . I actually pity a lot of you. You are weak and easily dominated . you show no substantial ambition, panache or zest. Even in your own Country , and backed by your own Government,  you are third best at everything .

Let me give a perfect example of the dithering weakness and lack of ambition, innovation and business charisma that indicates how , logically,  it must be many Ghanaian men who envy their Nigerian couterpart - to the extent that in exposed climes like the UK Ghanaian women are marrying Nigerian men and ABG (meaning anyone but Ghanaian as explained to me by a Ghanaian girlfriend of my wife) more than any other African women are marrying men not from their region of origin.

Oxford Street at Osu is probably the number premier high street in Ghana . Ask my Ghanaian brothers how many Ghanaian companies are operating on this prime location in their own Country!!! We have Somovision, Frankies,Papaye, Koala, Binatone and many other Lebanese electronic shop and ventures. MTN (South African ) is present. Zain (Saudi Arabia) is there too along with Dynasty and about one or two other Chinese Restaurant. Chicken Republic and Glo (Nigerian) are included too. Now why would any Nigerian envy men who , on their own soil and accounting for local advantage, allow foreigners to totally dominate even the most mundane of businesses ? Nigerians now run many long distance luxury bus routes (eg Accra to Kumasi) and you contend they envy you ?

I could go on. You guys should face facts. No sane Nigerian man would envy a Ghanaian man. What Nigerians find admirable about Ghana is its constant electricity, stable democracy and relatively peaceful society. Those are things that can be sorted out in the same way Ghana sorted those things out. Can Ghanaians easily sort out a lack of natural flair, charisma, ambition and drive ? These are the qualities Nigerians , on an individual basis , have that Ghanaians (and other Africans) envy them for. With some Ghanaians this envy is manifested in rabid hatred of all things Nigerian.

I doubt any Nigerian man would look at a Ghanaian and think I want to be like him when , on a man-to-man basis , the Nigerian is more domineering, more driven, more innovative , more charismatic and simply more effective. My brother the envy , naturally , can simply and logically only be one way.

It's easy to sit behind a computer and make grand statements isn't it.

This little hissy fit write up you just did is the real reason i called you a spineless looser. Once again, you seem to be too easily riled up about issues that are not about you but you make your own nonetheless. This is not the profile of a strong-willed man. It's that of a wimp.

Nothing to do with your decision to relocate from wherever you were. Speaking of which, So you're moving to Africa to become the next Dangote or Banda are you? Listen sissy, real men make their own rules. carve out their own paths.
Wannabes think they can achieve greatness by copying another man's path. That's what sissy's do. And Dangote and Banda et al are no sissies.

What makes you so sure you are better off in life than i am? We have a proverb in Ghana that goes something like this: "if you haven't been to someone else's farm, you think you're the best farmer in town"

Let me tell you something. Nobody owes you anything in this world. If you want something you go and get it. Full stop. That you're well educated, or a decent citizen, or goodlooking, or married to whoever, or have a good heart, bla bla bla, entitles you to nothing anywhere in the world.

You seem to think you should be entitled something in Ghana or something. Like the country owes you something. We owe you nothing! A black man with that attitude is destined to fail anywhere you are. Unfortunate truth.

You talk about enlightened societies like the Uk. tell me, were you welcome with open arms by the british when you moved there?

Was i welcomed by the americans when i came here. Hell farking no. I fought for everything i have. Right from college, i took on the system, beat it, and reaped the benefits. I didn't go around moping that the system was against me. I went to do business in China recently. I faced enormous racist barriers. Did i sissy-out and b itch abt it. NO. I kept my cool, made my money, enjoyed their night life, and got out. That's how you do it. In life you identify the challenges you face in a situation, work out a way to deal with it and DEAL WITH IT. Bitching and crying foul won't get you anywhere. Good guys finish last my friend. Take that from me.

Develop some spine you wimp.

Here's the difference between you and I. I make no attempt to hide my disdain for you and your ilk. And I stand up steadfastly to defend my country. You on the otherhand, are so determined to come off as reasonable. Perhaps due to a pathological desire to be liked by everyone (i see this personality in most of your writings) You usually start off with what seems like a reasonable tone but quickly shift to disguised(poorly i might add) insults and sustle nastiness. Like i said, you're a wimp. Grow some cojones for farks sake. IF you want to insult me, be a man and insult me to my face.

Now let me address some of the more hilarious points your weak mind raised. So ghana girls prefer nigerian guys eh?
What about nigerian girls? Girls in the diaspora always prefer to date men who are not from their country. The feel less judgement. DO you know how many times i've been told by nigerian girls that they would never date a guy from nigeria? i've dated several nigerians girls in the past. On the other hand, since i left ghana, my only eperience of ghanaian girls has been when i have gone back to ghana. Never abroad. So if that is your argument then you have a lot to learn.
Besides, who's to say your wife is not just telling you that to ease your mind about her potential cheating on you with a man from her own country? you seem like paranoid person. maybe your wife feels the need to make up these claims to keep you happy? haha.

Let me also address this notion you have that i haven't been to my country in a long time. And that, therefore, you know Ghana better than me. Where do you get this opinion from? I visit Ghana at least twice a quarter. Spending as much as 2 weeks sometimes. Trust me, there is no part of Ghana you know better than me. That is what amuses me about your posts. That you think you know Ghana better than me. And to convince yourself, you usually sprinkle your posts with vague references to certain ghanaian personalities or places.

In conclusion, one man's opinion cannot override that of a million people. Ghana is world renowed for our hospitality. Our welcoming spirit. If your countrymen are not getting the same treatment, the problem is you, not us. In Ghana we say kukru kukru no gyae a, kekre kekre no nso begyae. I'm sure i don't need to explain that to you since you know the country so well.

1 Like

Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by londoner: 11:18pm On Apr 29, 2010
@Gbawe, your cousins Ikea style company/outlet sounds great! Just what we need in Nigeria. I'll be on the look out for it.

Seriously, all of what you wrote here makes perfect sense. Much of what you site here in terms of being dominated I also noticed when I went to Ghana. Its actually sad and they should really be putting their energy into addressing that, rather than punching the air on an internet forum.
Re: Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? by DisGuy: 12:02am On Apr 30, 2010
Thank you and good nite cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

The First Plane Crash In Nigeria At Igbo Ilapa Hill In Ikogosi, Ekiti In 1942 / Heavily Overloaded Bus Spotted Recently On A Highway (pics/video) / Truck Crushes Groom's Legs, Kills His Guest In Kwara State(Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.