Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? (6921 Views)

Men, Please Be Good And Kind To Your Wife If You Wish To Enjoy Your Old Age / My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad / Women Were Created To Do What Men Cannot Do – Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Feb 20, 2018
I just saw one guy following a snake, and he was hailing the snake.... chairman! chairman!! anything for your guy
Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by KeenMind(m): 3:40pm On Feb 20, 2018
Because women are spotless and can do no wrong.

Even if she errs, a man pushed her to.

It is easier to find search for a ship n the high seas with the naked eye than see a woman apportion {deserved} blames to herself.

1 Like

Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by Wiseonetemmy(m): 3:55pm On Feb 20, 2018
[quote author=SarcasticMe post=65227731]I entered the thread thinking you were referring to man in the general sense. In my own opinion, however, both sexes are equally disposed to evil as they're to doing good. It can be argued on the one hand that women are even more likely to do wrong but on the other hand, they are also better placed to do right. It all depends on so many factors: upbringing, psychological... and an important one which is company. A woman can change her mind hundred times a day about the same issue, as long as she gives her ears to arguments and counter arguments.
Men are harder to convince of anything; either good or bad. But once they take up a behavior, it continues to live with them. It would take a great deal of expertise and luck to change a man.
The bottom line is: man, right from his childhood, must be thought values and morals and he'll most likely never depart from it. But, when he sets out on the wrong foot, it's even harder for him to retrace his steps.
Women, however, need to be in good hands till the very end. They're very emotional and easier to convince

This is the best comment I have read on nairaland on any topic. Am glad we still have wise people out there. Most comments are biased and I wonder what kind of “court judges our generation will produce.

1 Like

Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by franchasng: 3:56pm On Feb 20, 2018
Lets all stop the pretence and be honest for once.

The truth is, when it comes to sexual waywardness and cheating in marriage, majority of men are victim. But when it comes to gold digging and being materialistic and vane, majority of women take the lead.

All men are born with a natural trait to be polygamous and promiscuous, only the absolute fear of God can make a man not to cheat on his wife.

It is highly impossible for a man to be in marriage for 15yrs without cheating on his wife once or twice or multiple times no matter how pretty his wife is and men dont do it because they dont love their wife, they do it because it is a natural trait in men.

It is a natural curse on men angry

1 Like

Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by maclatunji: 4:10pm On Feb 20, 2018
Xisnin:
Since many active nairaland men/boys have all concluded that they are no "good"
and are proud of it. Why would you disagree with their self-incrimination?

LOL.

It has reached epidemic proportions. You see men who are in a fix coming here to look for help and it seems some people have decided that men are not worth helping in any shape, manner or form. #LOL

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by godson300040(m): 4:30pm On Feb 20, 2018
All i can say is...''When swimming never forget to dive, you can't assume you got it all figured out, i mean what's the essence of being in the pool and your back is still on the surface dry''

We all judge ourselves based on past experience some even are of the opinion they're well learned and understand others completely.....
Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by Dasgoro: 4:31pm On Feb 20, 2018
You guys should continue in the battle of the ages ( sexes battle of male vs female: Us against them), and let see if you are going to be getting married to Hermaphrodites.

Go ahead fight yourselves
Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by Pataricatering(f): 4:41pm On Feb 20, 2018
Khonifer:
First off, I don't think 'reverse discrimination' is a thing. Secondly, if you're talking about getting sympathy when presenting issues women are worse off.

Never would you see the phrase 'let's hear the woman's side of the story' on a thread where the male is the victim. Women don't hyperventilate on almost all threads, even the female bashing ones, throwing jabs and insulting men.

Granted we aren't saints, but men are not. Most likely to be disbelieved. It's the other way round.
exactly ! It’s funny when the people with the advantage turn around and start playing victim !

2 Likes

Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by Pataricatering(f): 4:46pm On Feb 20, 2018
bukatyne:

Actually, NL men have worked constantly to prove that they are no good especially in marriages.

I vividly remember a thread where someone opined that not all men cheat and several NL guys bashed the person.

An average NL guy tells us that it is normal for men to cheat, not appreciate his wife, not cherish their wives, treat all women like thrash (except their female relatives etc.)

Infact, women are blamed more for martial crisis, mostly told/advised to live with the flaws of their spouses, and advised to bend backwards to accommodate them.
yeah , but we their men will treat their female relatives like trash since that’s the general expectation - they just not seem to get it !
Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by Apination(m): 5:18pm On Feb 20, 2018
kiss
Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by abike12(f): 5:43pm On Feb 20, 2018
lipsrsealed
Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by Nnemuka(f): 6:13pm On Feb 20, 2018
Yeah men are scum. Excluding my brothers.......
My dad is also late.
Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by bukatyne(f): 6:15pm On Feb 20, 2018
maclatunji:

This does not explain the tendency to try to ridicule men that share their marital or relationship challenges.

Except you are referring to another platform, men are not ridiculed here when they share their challenges.
Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by bukatyne(f): 6:15pm On Feb 20, 2018
Pataricatering:
yeah , but we their men will treat their female relatives like trash since that’s the general expectation - they just not seem to get it !

Lol!
Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by bukatyne(f): 6:41pm On Feb 20, 2018
Heavance:

I really think you are referring to boiz.
Though we all have our shortcomings, but once a boy grows to the stage of a man, I doubt they will talk or do things the way you explained.

Well then, 99% of the males are boys.
Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by 3mmyz(m): 6:59pm On Feb 20, 2018
People will always have their opinions. I can't change that, but they can't change reality either. A Lady/Gent who generalises that guys/girls are irresponsible is still very ignorant, that cannot be over emphasized. I have friends i can vouch for, they're not irresponsible. I'm not irresponsible either.

Be a better person and best will find you!
Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by Dcholeric: 7:06pm On Feb 20, 2018
And here we on this thread are having some men say the truth about themselves and the ladies denying and blaming and claiming spotless.
Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by 3mmyz(m): 7:10pm On Feb 20, 2018
bukatyne:

Well then, 99% of the males are boys.

Well i guess you're Ignorant of the fact that generalization isn't a fact. I hope you find the right person that changes your perspective.
Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by stilldoingokay(f): 8:30pm On Feb 20, 2018
this hole argument between men and women, is nothing but absolute nonsense.
Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by Chrisjordan2015(m): 8:38pm On Feb 20, 2018
KeenMind:
Because women are spotless and can do no wrong.

Even if she errs, a man pushed her to.

It is easier to find search for a ship n the high seas with the naked eye than see a woman apportion {deserved} blames to herself.

You sir, are right.
Most women and responsibility are like *insert the most opposite spectrums you can find* grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pregnant Man On Oprah: "this Is A Miracle" (first Male Pregnancy) / Single And Living Alone, How Do You Manage? / Are Some Ladies Blessed With The Gift Of Foresight?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.