Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,626 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

What Happens If You Take The Car Key Out While Driving? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Happens If You Take The Car Key Out While Driving? (19764 Views)

How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? / Nigerian VIO Officer Cries For Help As Driver Fights For His Car Key (video) / Driver Covers Himself With Umbrella While Driving An Open-roof Benz In The Rain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happens If You Take The Car Key Out While Driving? by RichDad1(m): 7:53am On Feb 19, 2018
Mine is keyless anyways wink
Re: What Happens If You Take The Car Key Out While Driving? by Smooyis(m): 7:58am On Feb 19, 2018
palmerlicious:
Wow...I remember my first motor vehicle accident....I was Still learning how to drive a car sha... The previous day when I boarded a commercial bus, I saw that the driver switch off the car remove the key...for my mind I think say the driver dey save fuel and nothing happwned afterwards..... When I tried it the next day carrying my siblings to church.. Omo na accidentt ooo.... Thank God no life was lost....learnt my lesson sha...nice write up
grin
Re: What Happens If You Take The Car Key Out While Driving? by spaggyy(m): 8:00am On Feb 19, 2018
RealGucci:
abegi
na every car dey use push button
abegi
even hummer still det key
sont be deceived
there is nothing like keyless entry
there must always be a hole at the drivers door
oyinbo nor stupid
africa is cursed by God
for ever

bro, are u really saying this?

There is keyless entry even if there is a key hole on the door.

I can lock and unlock my car, drive it all through the day without touching my key.

I just need to have the keyfob in my pocket, push a button on the door to lock and unlock, and push a button to start or stop the engine.

Wise up bro

2 Likes

Re: What Happens If You Take The Car Key Out While Driving? by SOFTENGR: 8:01am On Feb 19, 2018
Ollymurs:
My first Car, Honda Accord 2001, Key has fallen off while driving more times than I can remember and nothing has happened, the car still keeps driving, sometimes i dont even bother to pick up the keys until i get to my destination.
I once drove my 1997 Honda Accord to my office, only to discover I have removed the key and forgot it at home. I just borrowed a car key to switch it off. grin grin grin
Re: What Happens If You Take The Car Key Out While Driving? by RealGucci: 8:09am On Feb 19, 2018
mofo u aint getting d shiit im saying
stop fooling yoursef
u wan feel among
u wey dey fly keke steady
abegi
car my dic

spaggyy:

bro, are u really saying this?

There is keyless entry even if there is a key hole on the door.

I can lock and unlock my car, drive it all through the day without touching my key.

I just need to have the keyfob in my pocket, push a button on the door to lock and unlock, and push a button to start or stop the engine.

Wise up bro
Re: What Happens If You Take The Car Key Out While Driving? by Mikkylounge: 8:19am On Feb 19, 2018
RealGucci:
stop fooling yoursef
u wan feel among
abegi
car my dic

Attention Deficiency Syndrome patient detected. We will not humor you, quit derailing this thread

1 Like

Re: What Happens If You Take The Car Key Out While Driving? by TycoOn04: 8:21am On Feb 19, 2018
RealGucci:
stop fooling yoursef
u wan feel among
abegi
car my dic

Guy abeg shut up . . na car section be this , not bicycle mofo undecided
The guy just gave u a fantastic point in response to ur Earlier foolish response. When your high, don't bother to comment , but idiots like u will not listen . . .he-goat , saying rubbish up and down angry angry undecided

1 Like

Re: What Happens If You Take The Car Key Out While Driving? by RealGucci: 8:22am On Feb 19, 2018
my guy carry your third hand infiniti enter bush
homo putting on female sunglasses
Mikkylounge:

Attention Deficiency Syndrome patient detected. We will not humor you, quit derailing this thread
Re: What Happens If You Take The Car Key Out While Driving? by RealGucci: 8:23am On Feb 19, 2018
u wey still dey stay wit him parents
guy enter inside soak away go sleep
ozwo
TycoOn04:

The guy just gave u a fantastic point in response to ur Earlier foolish response. When your high, don't bother to comment , but idiots like u will not listen . . .he-goat , saying rubbish up and down angry angry undecided
Re: What Happens If You Take The Car Key Out While Driving? by RealGucci: 8:23am On Feb 19, 2018
you need some donations
u homo
TycoOn04:

Re: What Happens If You Take The Car Key Out While Driving? by OShepherd: 8:25am On Feb 19, 2018
G
SOFTENGR:

I once drove my 1997 Honda Accord to my office, only to discover I have removed the key and forgot it at home. I just borrowed a car key to switch it off. grin grin grin
I once tried experimenting it on my car & nothing happened, I continued driving but all I know is switching off d car would become "Heavy gobe"[img][/img] shocked
Re: What Happens If You Take The Car Key Out While Driving? by spaggyy(m): 9:05am On Feb 19, 2018
RealGucci:
stop fooling yoursef
u wan feel among
abegi
car my dic

Lol why are u feeling so pained bro?

Calm down...

Am not feeling what u are saying, cos all u are saying as u said is "shit".

I dey fly keke. .i own and drive an infiniti fx 35 (FYI) if that's what you call a keke.... Then I drive a keke �
Re: What Happens If You Take The Car Key Out While Driving? by RealGucci: 9:11am On Feb 19, 2018
i own a third hand fx
daz waz spinning your big head
saw u the other day
driving a piece of shiit
infiniti fx third hand my ass
guy drive park inside station
abegi
spaggyy:

Lol why are u feeling so pained bro?

Calm down...

Am not feeling what u are saying, cos all u are saying as u said is "shit".

I dey fly keke. .i own and drive an infiniti fx 35 (FYI) if that's what you call a keke.... Then I drive a keke �

Re: What Happens If You Take The Car Key Out While Driving? by boluwaay(m): 9:11am On Feb 19, 2018
The fact is if your car key can be removed when the ignition is on, then any key including any screw driver can turn on/off such car. once you notice your car key drops while the car is on, please quickly move to change your ignition for security sake.
Re: What Happens If You Take The Car Key Out While Driving? by Pat081: 9:18am On Feb 19, 2018
Ntin will happen I use to do dat some times .......
Re: What Happens If You Take The Car Key Out While Driving? by jossytech(m): 9:20am On Feb 19, 2018
my ignition key can pull out of driving mode i can remove it, seem worn out, what is solution to this, (99 camry)
Re: What Happens If You Take The Car Key Out While Driving? by Fourwinds: 9:37am On Feb 19, 2018
lonelydora:
This is the reason why Nigerian taxi/ bus drivers keep using 'old model' vehicles manufactured in 60s and 70s. If you give them modern cars....how will they hide the car key from Agberos, Task forces, O.C Roger of police, Infact, it's a normal thing in PHC to see them start their vehicles and hide the key under the seat.

1 Like

Re: What Happens If You Take The Car Key Out While Driving? by spaggyy(m): 10:07am On Feb 19, 2018
RealGucci:
i own a third hand fx
daz waz spinning your big head
saw u the other day
driving a piece of shiit
infiniti fx third hand my ass
guy drive park inside station
abegi

You can't come across me, u are a low lifer

1 Like

Re: What Happens If You Take The Car Key Out While Driving? by uuzba(m): 10:32am On Feb 19, 2018
douchesnozzle:
For me nothing happened. My keys fell off several times when negotiating a port hole or a speed bump. The car still moves and steering isn't locked. Honda Accord 2004

Na kpagala car na.
When a car has reached kpangala stage,
When your carpark is at mechanic workshop...
Key will be commoting from ignition while the car is in motion...
-
The question is a bad question that was asked to find out people that have jagbajantis cars.
-
Were you expecting Bugatti owners to answer this question?

1 Like

Re: What Happens If You Take The Car Key Out While Driving? by uuzba(m): 10:35am On Feb 19, 2018
jossytech:
my ignition key can pull out of driving mode i can remove it, seem worn out, what is solution to this, (99 camry)

Since 1999? You are driving 19th century car.
Ah? And you are asking for solution?
Do you want to win oldest car award?
We are in 2018 O!
Re: What Happens If You Take The Car Key Out While Driving? by jiboladhino(m): 10:41am On Feb 19, 2018
RealGucci:
abegi
na every car dey use push button
abegi
even hummer still det key
sont be deceived
there is nothing like keyless entry
there must always be a hole at the drivers door
oyinbo nor stupid
africa is cursed by God
for ever
for real.....cant believe pple frome stone age like u still exist
Re: What Happens If You Take The Car Key Out While Driving? by eagleeye2: 10:47am On Feb 19, 2018
douchesnozzle:
For me nothing happened. My keys fell off several times when negotiating a port hole or a speed bump. The car still moves and steering isn't locked. Honda Accord 2004
I been think say my Avalon 2000 na 1980 model...... Op sha
Re: What Happens If You Take The Car Key Out While Driving? by madgoat(m): 10:48am On Feb 19, 2018
Shehucom:
What about those Lagos Danfo buses that has no key. They Start just by joining two wires. So what now happens when the wires loose?? Accident?

grin grin grin some dont even have to join two wires to start it grin
Re: What Happens If You Take The Car Key Out While Driving? by bejeria101(m): 12:26pm On Feb 19, 2018
You cant! Except its faulty,key is locked in at ignition
Re: What Happens If You Take The Car Key Out While Driving? by mumexcellency(f): 12:49pm On Feb 19, 2018
For my Camry. Nothing happened. Although I didn't plan it. It just removed on its own. Pencil light.
Re: What Happens If You Take The Car Key Out While Driving? by igbsam(m): 11:05pm On Feb 19, 2018
I drive my honda accord with the key in my pocket after using it to ignite the car. Though the ignition has issues with having the key remain in the hole, but i kinda like it that way for security reasons. grin
Re: What Happens If You Take The Car Key Out While Driving? by 3kay945(m): 11:46pm On Feb 20, 2018
Before I repair my vehicle ignition system, i can remove the key while the vehicle is working. I even thought it was normal until my Kazeem lecture me. But now you have to off engine before removing key. Cos it get stuck, same if not a Park.
Re: What Happens If You Take The Car Key Out While Driving? by Psoul(m): 9:18am On Feb 27, 2018
douchesnozzle:

The ignition has bn worked on. The original was removed. The one you have now was constructed to skip some of the original security.

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Disadvantages Of Putting Your Cars In Park At The Traffic Light? / New Tactics Of Robbers At Okada/ehkiadolor Road / Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.