Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo (22740 Views)

"How Soldier Boyi ThankGod Killed Himself In Ogun" – Nigeria Army / Cute Ugandan Boy With Blue Eyes And Vitiligo (Photos) / Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by CastedAyo: 5:45am On Feb 19, 2018
A Nigerian and vitiligo sufferer, Eljhon , who was diagnosed of the condition 10 years ago has now recounted all that happened after he was diagnosed and how he almost killed himself by committing suicide.

He further stated that the only medication he had been using for the past few years was having peace of mind and a positive mindset.

He wrote;
"Good Morning World. I'm taking time out and using this opportunity today to celebrate my self, my happiness, my inner peace, my spots.

The picture in the middle and the other 2 you see are 10 years apart.
Sometime around 2008 I was officially diagnosed with Vitiligo. I almost killed myself, tried chemical poisoning, thought of hanging and all but some quiet spirit made sure that didn't happen. I used many ointments, oral and topical medications, etc. Some worked only for some days but immediately after i stop medication I'll notice patches popping up again. I got tired Of standing many hours under the sun just to see if that oil i ordered from Pakistan would work. It did but slowly, at a point i got tired and when i felt like giving up, a family friend introduced me to another friend of his that had vitiligo and almost cleared his with a combination of immunace and prednisolone.

I started again with that, i took it for many years it basically became part of my diet but i got tired and after a lot of counseling concerning high drug use and how it might affect my liver and kidney, i had to pause my drug intake.....

You might be thinking what's the point of this lengthy text well here it is. It's been 3 years since i used any medication for my vitiligo BUT THERE'S NO MAJOR GROWTH OF MY PATCHES WHICH I NOW VALUE ALOT (you might not understand). THE ONLY MEDICATION I HAVE BEEN ON THIS PAST FEW YEARS HAS BEEN PEACE OF MIND AND A POSITIVE MINDSET.

A doctor friend explained and counselled me a lot about vitiligo. Ever since then i have taken vitiligo head on. Many patches disappeared during this period (as you can confirm from the pic)
TRY NOT GETTING DISTURBED BY WHAT YOU THINK PEOPLE FEEL ABOUT YOU.
PEOPLE WOULD ONLY LOVE YOU IF THEY FEEL YOU GOT MAD LOVE FOR YOURSELF.
Just never forget to;
1: ALWAYS WEAR A SMILE
2: CHEER AND INSPIRE YOURSELF IN ANY POSSIBLE WAY
3: EAT HEALTHY

#AlsoKnow There's always GOOD in BAD. VITILIGO MADE START MAKING MUSIC PROFESSIONALLY IN 2012."

https://torimill.com/2018/02/man-reveals-how-he-almost-killed-himself-after-being-diagnosed-of-vitiligo.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by ipobarecriminals: 5:58am On Feb 19, 2018
undecided seen
Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by Chicagoesontop: 6:10am On Feb 19, 2018
At least i woke up this morning to read this reasonable and motivating post Not Some Trash.
Thanks OP and God will bless you more.

58 Likes

Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by Partnerbiz(f): 6:12am On Feb 19, 2018
na today i dey hear this one.
ok

1 Like

Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by XaintJoel20: 6:18am On Feb 19, 2018
If suicide was a solution to problems, nobody would be alive...

Including me...

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by Litesanti(m): 6:18am On Feb 19, 2018
Chicagoesontop:
At least i woke up this morning to read this reasonable and motivating post Not Some Trash.
Thanks OP and God will bless you more.

I could not read all o.. its too long but with dis comment i believed it made sense!!

8 Likes

Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by ttshems(m): 6:18am On Feb 19, 2018
On a positive note, acceptance and self love goes a long way... Gud morning nairalanders

3 Likes

Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by DoTheNeedful: 6:19am On Feb 19, 2018
CastedAyo:
A Nigerian and vitiligo sufferer, Eljhon , who was diagnosed of the condition 10 years ago has now recounted all that happened after he was diagnosed and how he almost killed himself by committing suicide.

He further stated that the only medication he had been using for the past few years was having peace of mind and a positive mindset.

He wrote;

https://torimill.com/2018/02/man-reveals-how-he-almost-killed-himself-after-being-diagnosed-of-vitiligo.html

@bolded. Is there any other way someone can commit suicide without killing himself angry

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by Chizmickey(m): 6:19am On Feb 19, 2018
Please what is vitiligo?
Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by obafemee80(m): 6:20am On Feb 19, 2018
Chizmickey:
Please what is vitiligo?

Skin condition that causes patches on the skin...

Happened to Michael Jackson

8 Likes

Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by Desire01(f): 6:20am On Feb 19, 2018
Vitiligo isn't the worst thing that can happen to a person
Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by wyqay: 6:20am On Feb 19, 2018
God is your strength bro
Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by Admin1992: 6:21am On Feb 19, 2018
Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by icefish(m): 6:21am On Feb 19, 2018
Good morning my fellow nairalanders
Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by peacettw: 6:22am On Feb 19, 2018
Awww... I applaud your resolve. Many will not understand this young man but I do cos I went through the same thing although not to the point of taking my own life.
Just like him, I learnt a very vital lesson during my struggle: Never rely on the outward beauty, it will always fail you at some point. Be confident in yourself instead because that will last longer.

Stay strong.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by Narldon: 6:22am On Feb 19, 2018
Ok
Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by Didi2d(m): 6:22am On Feb 19, 2018
CastedAyo:

He wrote;

It's just a skin condition, doesn't do any harm
Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by Amirullaha(m): 6:23am On Feb 19, 2018
My first time of hearing the word: Vitiligo
Anyways; congrats bro!!!
Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 6:23am On Feb 19, 2018
UDOKABESTLUV IS BACK, Who Miss Me Pls?
Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by naptu2: 6:24am On Feb 19, 2018
Chizmickey:
Please what is vitiligo?

It's a condition that affects the pigmentation of the skin. A person with vitiligo will have light and dark patches on his skin. Michael Jackson had it.

People with vitiligo

14 Likes

Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by CastedAyo: 6:24am On Feb 19, 2018
DoTheNeedful:

@bolded. Is there any other way someone can commit suicide without killing himself angry

I meant to write "Put an end to everything"

1 Like

Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by BruncleZuma: 6:25am On Feb 19, 2018
sad
Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by abibshine: 6:25am On Feb 19, 2018
CastedAyo:

He wrote;

make I park here Abeg
Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by ficons: 6:26am On Feb 19, 2018
Thank God

6 Likes

Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by GreenArrow1(m): 6:27am On Feb 19, 2018
Na why you tie rope for leg be that?
Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by abiolag(m): 6:27am On Feb 19, 2018
Making peace with ones mind is d greatest joy ever

1 Like

Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by jesicajonna(m): 6:32am On Feb 19, 2018
Good morning everyone...may diz week brings us fortune and wealth

17 Likes

Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by Nobody: 6:33am On Feb 19, 2018
What is this one again nao
Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by Nobody: 6:33am On Feb 19, 2018
What is this one again nao...
Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by obaataaokpaewu: 6:34am On Feb 19, 2018
peacettw:
Awww... I applaud your resolve. Many will not understand this young man but I do cos I went through the same thing although not to the point of taking my own life.
Just like him, I learnt a very vital lesson during my struggle: Never rely on the outward beauty, it will always fail you at some point. Be confident in yourself instead because that lasts longer.

Stay strong.
Yours was vitiligo too?
Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by pennywys(m): 6:34am On Feb 19, 2018
Okay
Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by Ellabae(f): 6:35am On Feb 19, 2018
That's self Love despite his condition. Nice inspiration smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why The Fear Of Caesarean Section By Nigerian Women? / COVID-19: 6-Year-Old Girl Tests Positive In Jigawa / Coronavirus: Oxford University Early Trial Success Suggests “Double Protection”.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.