Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo (22739 Views)

"How Soldier Boyi ThankGod Killed Himself In Ogun" – Nigeria Army / Cute Ugandan Boy With Blue Eyes And Vitiligo (Photos) / Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by Ellabae(f): 6:36am On Feb 19, 2018
That's self Love despite his condition. Nice inspiration smiley accept yourself the way u are
Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by desiredmee(m): 6:37am On Feb 19, 2018
XaintJoel20:
If suicide was a solution to problems, nobody would be alive...

Including me...

True talk

1 Like

Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by deeway200(m): 6:37am On Feb 19, 2018
great, can u please educate us on how u cured it. I av a friend with it
Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by teelaw4life(m): 6:43am On Feb 19, 2018
DoTheNeedful:

@bolded. Is there any other way someone can commit suicide without killing himself angry

cheesy grin grin didn't even notice it sef...i suppose after coming through the experience, he'd rather not kill himself than commit suicide.

1 Like

Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by CoolextPhoenix(m): 6:45am On Feb 19, 2018
Kip inspiring us men,,we get stories to tell our children, and we get blessings for inspiring others to love themselves more,,having in mind that self love is the greatest love of all,,kip kinging,kip moving forward,,,,,
Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by peacettw: 6:47am On Feb 19, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
Yours was vitiligo too?

Yup... Went through the 5 stages of grief. When I finally reached the last stage, I stopped all my drugs, searched YouTube videos and sites for people going through the same thing as me and generally tried to stop worrying. It's difficult to have a chronic disease but none affects the psyche more than when it is the first thing people see. You are literally being stared at and that's distressing.

Over time, my lesions cleared although not completely. Mine took about 18 months. Since then, I have learnt to empathize with others with the same condition. Each time I see another person with vitigo, I have this overwhelming urge to hug the person and tell him or her that she will be alright cos I know they are literally going through hell.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by joedejoe: 6:54am On Feb 19, 2018
God's healing in some cases are gradual. It therefore demands patience with God in prayers and obedience to get it.

Congratulations!
Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by point5: 6:57am On Feb 19, 2018
God is ur strength
Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by OgahBohz: 7:02am On Feb 19, 2018
bro thanks for this ...

SELF LOVE ...!
been dating this girl for few months now and for the first time I am being very real , I made sure I do all a man can do to make sure a relationship works out .. everything was going fine not until I told her I wasn't tall.. (we haven't really seen each other)
then she changed I noticed since then she had be acting all up and at times she acts normal ..

one day we got talking and I asked whats holding her back ..

and she said my height , intact she said I had EVERYTHING SHE EVER WANTED IN A GUY.except ..HEIGHT... (mind you not that am that very short .. I'm 4.7, and she is 5.1'that's 4inch dif) .. and I asked if she would give all that away because of my height, and she said it depends .. that until she sees me for real, since then I have been trying to do all I can to make it work.. at times she acts somehow..

haven read your post.. I have decided . I am gonna stop trying , and I may end it .. I can't spend the rest of my life trying to please someone over my NATURAL IMPERFECTIONS .., never!

I will divert all that care and love to my self! ..
the annoying part is am only dating her because she seemed decent . sort of a good wife material ..not that I truely love her..

1 Like

Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by Burgerlomo: 7:10am On Feb 19, 2018
Litesanti:

I could not read all o.. its too long but with dis comment i believed it made sense!!

Same here 2 cool
Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by sleemoon(m): 7:21am On Feb 19, 2018
naptu2:

It's a condition that affects the pigmentation of the skin. A person with vitiligo will have light and dark patches on his skin. Michael Jackson had it.

People with vitiligo

With dat ur last pix, Na d vitiligo affect d lady eye too abi na photoshop work.. Jst curious
Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by NjaPrince(m): 7:39am On Feb 19, 2018
Great message Bro.
Didn't know vitiligo was a disease, just thought it was for a few handsome guys and beautiful ladies grin
I am not trying to be funny hear o, all the people I have seen with it are either handsome or beautiful.

CastedAyo:
A Nigerian and vitiligo sufferer, Eljhon , who was diagnosed of the condition 10 years ago has now recounted all that happened after he was diagnosed and how he almost killed himself by committing suicide.

He further stated that the only medication he had been using for the past few years was having peace of mind and a positive mindset.

He wrote;

https://torimill.com/2018/02/man-reveals-how-he-almost-killed-himself-after-being-diagnosed-of-vitiligo.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique
Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by t00dugged(f): 7:48am On Feb 19, 2018
I once had patches on my face, it was a very tough time for me, at some point my cousin and my ex thought I was being a drama queen. But thank God with time it responded to the Hydrocortisone cream the doctor prescribed for me even though I didn't follow the prescription, Infact I was so desperate that I didn't go out for one week, I will wash my face every one hour and re-apply the cream. Till date I still have a little patch on my leg but most people think its an injury.
The scariest part was when I googled it and saw pictures, the first question that came to my mind was "so this is how my face will be?" ,but thank God it didn't go beyond that.

3 Likes

Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by asatemple(f): 7:54am On Feb 19, 2018
That thing is even unique on it own. Never knew what it's called, we call it ' apa-ocha'
Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by judgedredd22(m): 8:12am On Feb 19, 2018
Desire01:
Vitiligo isn't the worst thing that can happen to a person

nwa 042! kee ije?
Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by Fourwinds: 9:18am On Feb 19, 2018
naptu2:

It's a condition that affects the pigmentation of the skin. A person with vitiligo will have light and dark patches on his skin. Michael Jackson had it.

People with vitiligo
was it the cause why Michael Jackson had to carry out skin surgery
Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by Fourwinds: 9:22am On Feb 19, 2018
t00dugged:
I once had patches on my face, it was a very tough time for me, at some point my cousin and my ex thought I was being a drama queen. But thank God with time it responded to the Hydrocortisone cream the doctor prescribed for me even though I didn't follow the prescription, Infact I was so desperate that I didn't go out for one week, I will wash my face every one hour and re-apply the cream. Till date I still have a little patch on my leg but most people think its an injury.
The scariest part was when I googled it and saw pictures, the first question that came to my mind was "so this is how my face will be?" ,but thank God it didn't go beyond that.
hmmmm...good success...

take this kiss....muuuuaaaaahhhhhh
Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by madjune(m): 1:21pm On Feb 19, 2018
Michael took the easy way out by bleaching his DNA.
Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by finest147: 2:48pm On Feb 19, 2018
oga...u dey bleach ooo u dey bleach,thankyou
Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by t00dugged(f): 2:54pm On Feb 19, 2018
Fourwinds:
hmmmm...good success...

take this kiss....muuuuaaaaahhhhhh
thanks
Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by Greatzeus(m): 5:25pm On Feb 19, 2018
obafemee80:

Skin condition that causes patches on the skin...

Happened to Michael Jackson
No it didn't,MJ lied to gain sympathy. Quincy Jones,the Man who produced and wrote most of Micheal's early songs debunked the vitiligo story has faked. Michael hated the fact that he is black. Do you wonder why his kids are all white,no trace of black in them.
Re: Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo by Nobody: 10:35am On Feb 20, 2018
DoTheNeedful:

@bolded. Is there any other way someone can commit suicide without killing himself angry

Awon eyan mama peace

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why The Fear Of Caesarean Section By Nigerian Women? / COVID-19: 6-Year-Old Girl Tests Positive In Jigawa / Coronavirus: Oxford University Early Trial Success Suggests “Double Protection”.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.