Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,822 members, 7,824,436 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Arsene Wenger: 'guardiola A Better Manager Than Me' (DETAILS) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsene Wenger: 'guardiola A Better Manager Than Me' (DETAILS) (510 Views)

Alvaro Morata Ignores Arsenal Boss Arsene Wenger When Listing Best Managers / Arsene Wenger Says Is Confident Of Winning Chelsea Today / Petr Cech Reveals Major Difference Between Jose Mourinho And Arsene Wenger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Arsene Wenger: 'guardiola A Better Manager Than Me' (DETAILS) by callydon(m): 3:21pm On Feb 19, 2018
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has admitted that Manchester City counterpart Pep Guardiola has surpassed him as a manager.

Guardiola began his managerial career with trophy-laden spells at Barcelona and Bayern Munich, winning 21 trophies at an average of three per season during his time at both clubs.

City are still on course for an unprecedented quadruple this term, the first trophy of which could be sealed against Arsenal in the EFL Cup final on Sunday, and Wenger was full of praise for his opposite number while also revealing that he almost signed the Spaniard during his playing career.

"I talked to him a few times. And once he came to my house when he was a player, because he wanted to play for Arsenal," Wenger told beIN Sports.

"I think he has done much better than I have and he's knowing very well what to do. He has exceptional teams and he is managing them very well.

"I think I respect what he does because he has a clear vision of the game, he has a positive attitude, a positive philosophy.

"Even if he doesn't win I have as much respect as when he wins because I think people have an influence in the game. It's very important to have a positive attitude towards the game."

Wenger has won 17 trophies during his 22 years at Arsenal, but has never lifted the League Cup in that time.the most

Re: Arsene Wenger: 'guardiola A Better Manager Than Me' (DETAILS) by callydon(m): 3:21pm On Feb 19, 2018
See full gist here:

Arsene Wenger: 'Guardiola a better manager than me'

http://www.fullgist.com.ng/2018/02/arsene-wenger-guardiola-better-manager.html

(1) (Reply)

2018 FIFA World Cup, Fans Will Be Allowed To Carry Cocaine, Cannabis To Stadium / Manchester City Break Champions League Record For Passes Completed In A Game / Weekend Match Predictions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.