Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo (35940 Views)

Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church / Pope Francis Appoints Bishop Peter Okpaleke, 20 Others As Cardinals / Lucius Iwejuru Ugorji, Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Imo Resumes Duty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by Abogwara: 6:33pm On Feb 19, 2018
Austinoiz:

Your stupidity is well documented. Keep massaging it in your delusionary media rants for Okoroawusa.

You sound like one of them. Shame on you for opposing your fellow Igbo because he's from Awka. Hopefully you will understand when you are rejected by your fellow Igbos for being from Mbaise.

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by Nobody: 6:33pm On Feb 19, 2018
whyteone:
Just so you know,it also happened in the west and to our revered Archbishop Anthony Olubunmi Okojie.See excerpts from an interview he granted Punch newspapers.........

What’s your take on the rejection of the Pope’s order in Imo?

Those priests must obey. Obedience is important. I suffered the same thing in 1971. I was made an auxiliary bishop of Oyo Province. The priests rejected me. They came to warn me in Lagos that if I came, I was gone. It was tough. I went there and started working. I started winning their hearts gradually. I suffered great opposition. Later, I was transferred from Oyo to Lagos. God has been faithful. I was made an archbishop at a tender age. People started criticising my appointment. They said, “Eni ti o ti gbenu kuro lomu iya e,” meaning someone who is immature.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/punchng.com/some-women-roll-their-eyeballs-to-entice-me-okogie/amp/
Religion Shaaa!!!
Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by delivryboy: 6:34pm On Feb 19, 2018
mrvitalis:

Yes by cardinal arinze that's why his place with less priest have 6 mbaise with more have non

Mbaise priesta are known to be pedophile priests, so they can't advance in the ranks.
Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by Kennydoc(m): 6:34pm On Feb 19, 2018
mrvitalis:

Tell cardinal arinze mbaise can't be intimidated
He can do that with other places not mbaise

Call us any name you want

If you think it's OK for cardinal arinze to appoint over 5 bishop from awka with less than 500 fathers

While mabise with over 700 and over 80 waiting ordination to have non then you are worse than the devil

Worse than the devil? Then what about the Pope that earlier mandated the priests to accept Okpaleke? Maybe he's d devil's father. And you call yourself a Christian?

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by Ickes: 6:35pm On Feb 19, 2018
cosby02:
Abeg....what if they bring yoruba man to be Bishop in Imo
To do what?
Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by sexdoll: 6:36pm On Feb 19, 2018
tolugar:
Shame on the catholic community of ahiara diocese

A big disgrace to Catholicism

I thought we are united as one in the body of Christ

Obviously, you thought wrongly.
Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by Etogist: 6:36pm On Feb 19, 2018
Op, you are very stupid for painting a picture of Igbo hating a fellow Igbo here . This has nothing to do with being Igbo. If the Bishop was a Yoruba or Hausa the same thing would happen. It's purely church politics biko.
Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by NORSIYK(m): 6:36pm On Feb 19, 2018
derealj:
I understand the Greviances of the Mbaise people. The Bishop of Okigwe Diocese is also from Anambra. But this is the Church for crying out loud. I don't know why they don't have many Bishops of Imo extract is it that they are not found worthy I won't doubt that though. And they have also forgotten that an Mbaise man is the VC of Unizik and he has the support of the people even when his leadership is nothing to write home about. Mbaise people should park one side Biko, their attitude is not worthy of a Christian.
Is not about the bishop not being an mbaise priest, but fraud process that brought him. I believe you know that there are processes that are observed before bishop is appointed

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by NORSIYK(m): 6:38pm On Feb 19, 2018
Kennydoc:

Worse than the devil? Then what about the Pope that earlier mandated the priests to accept Okpaleke? Maybe he's d devil's father. And you call yourself a Christian?
Pope never mandated any priest to accept anybody it was from Cardinal arinze not from pope

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by mrvitalis(m): 6:41pm On Feb 19, 2018
Kennydoc:

Cardinal arinze told a lie and took a fake priest to Rome

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by mrvitalis(m): 6:41pm On Feb 19, 2018
delivryboy:

Mbaise priesta are known to be pedophile priests, so they can't advance in the ranks.
Do you have proof

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by gratiaeo(m): 6:46pm On Feb 19, 2018
NORSIYK:

How come all bishops in anambra state are all from anambra. what happened?
I need an honest answer please
You have not ask yourself why Unizik VC is from mbaise. Mbaise people are natural wicked

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by Nobody: 6:46pm On Feb 19, 2018
World politics starts in the church
Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by mexix: 6:48pm On Feb 19, 2018
Quite a shame..this seals my believe about mbaise people, who on earth ever worries about were a bishop ordained to serve the people is from...this is the first time am hearing such sentiment...

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by derealj(m): 6:49pm On Feb 19, 2018
NORSIYK:

Is not about the bishop not being an mbaise priest, but fraud process that brought him. I believe you know that there are processes that are observed before bishop is appointed
Are you telling me that if another Bishop from Anambra is brought there through your supposed "due process " he will be accepted. I doubt that.

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by Austinoiz(m): 6:52pm On Feb 19, 2018
Abogwara:

You sound like one of them. Shame on you for opposing your fellow Igbo because he's from Awka. Hopefully you will understand when you are rejected by your fellow Igbos for being from Mbaise.

You've always been on the side of injustice, so no point arguing further with you.

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by victorioushands: 6:55pm On Feb 19, 2018
It's pity. An Imo man is vice chancellor of Unizik (or so) and another of UNN. These are government structures trying to bring love and uniformity. But, here in the church supposed to be doing that very thing, the very same people who head positions in other states find it even in their "church mind" to accommodate. What a shame! This people's arrogance has gone too far and there will be devastating repercussions very soon.

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by cosby02(m): 6:59pm On Feb 19, 2018
Ickes:
To do what?
Wait lemme ask ifa

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by NORSIYK(m): 7:00pm On Feb 19, 2018
gratiaeo:

You have not ask yourself why Unizik VC is from mbaise. Mbaise people are natural wicked
You are senseless, we are talking about church not school, meanwhile the unizik vc has been with the school for so many years, what about okpalaeke has he been ahiara in his life befor

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by Nobody: 7:00pm On Feb 19, 2018
Austinoiz:

Grow up for once and stop spewing trash. Can your empty head justify why an Mbaise man can't vie to govern IMO?
Scumbag!
You are either a fugitive or a vagabond judging by your name, it is 'widely' believed that MBAISE mofus are more cunny than the snake......Let's face the fact on ground and keep aside the governorship matter......till 2019

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by NORSIYK(m): 7:01pm On Feb 19, 2018
derealj:

Are you telling me that if another Bishop from Anambra is brought there through your supposed "due process " he will be accepted. I doubt that.
Yes definitely, no doubt about it
Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by Kingkamba(m): 7:01pm On Feb 19, 2018
igbos can never be united, All this hullabalue of biafra is simply a fraud. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
tolugar:

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by achiever12: 7:03pm On Feb 19, 2018
tolugar:

Igbos aren't united

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by sirlop(m): 7:04pm On Feb 19, 2018
Appointment of okpalaeke as bishop of my diocese followed an unprecedented error of the first order. First n foremost, the canon law which stipulates the process of appointment of bishops was recklessly abandoned by the awka link in the vatican as against the normal process. Our late bishop Most Rev Dr Victor Adibe Chikwe submitted names of three people which was a norm all Catholic bishop follow every yr. It is from this list that is submitted that The vatican chooses one person incase by virtue of death or retirement of a substantive bishop. In this list, a new yr list nullifies that submitted the previous yrs. Okpalaeke's name was never in the list, it took Vatican 2yrs n two months to smuggle okpalaeke's name into the list. Before this, Okpalaeke had never worked in ahiara dioces either as a seminarian or as a priest. He had never worked in owerri ecclesiastical province where ahiara diocese falls in, the canon law stipulates that a bishop should come within the province or the person must have worked within the province as a seminarian or as a priest. The question is, who smuggled okpalaeke’? Ahiara priests n lay faithful are saying anybody within the province of owerri cud be our bishop but not somebody from far away awka province. Owerri province is made up of Abia state n imo state. Imo has 4dioceses n abia two dioceses which add up to 6dioceses within owerri ecclesiatical province. Due process was not folllowed in okpalaeke's appointment. This has being going in many dioceses. It happened in benin awka province was appointed as bishop, it happened in aba diocese when it was created out of umuahia dioces awka man was appointed bishop, it happened in okigwe dioces, awka man was appointed bishop, it happened in niger state, awka man was appointed. The question is wat is in awka province that other provinces don’t have? The ahiara hypocrisy of appointment has exposed the rot in the system over the yrs n It has oppened the eyes of the Vatican on the politics in the church over the yrs. Ahiara has the highest number of priests in Nigeria n africa if numerical strength is measured diocese by dioces. It is on record that 2 in every 3families in ahiara has one priest. I hav a friend whose two brothers r priests. Ahiara has over 200 priests who are phd holders in canon laws, some are professors in many universities. Two professors in futo are rev fathers from ahiara diocese. Why should some forces play games thinkn ahiara priests and laity r fools

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by NORSIYK(m): 7:09pm On Feb 19, 2018
mexix:
Quite a shame..this seals my believe about mbaise people, who on earth ever worries about were a bishop ordained to serve the people is from...this is the first time am hearing such sentiment...
Either you are born today or you have been living in a cage, Ahiara Diocese is not the first to reject a bishop neither will they be last, It hsa happened in the west, happened in PH and warri
Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by mexix: 7:19pm On Feb 19, 2018
NORSIYK:

Either you are born today or you have been living in a cage, Ahiara Diocese is not the first to reject a bishop neither will they be last, It hsa happened in the west, happened in PH and warri

Rejected because the natives rather prefers their son?
Smh....
Congrats to you guys...remarkable fit i guess...

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by Smarkie: 7:21pm On Feb 19, 2018
chai!! even the clergies rejected him simply because he is not from their village.95% of the reasons africa reamain backward is religion and tribe

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by MikeBetty(m): 7:21pm On Feb 19, 2018
ObservantFellow:
There is politics in the Church.
This has nothing to do with being Igbos.
it Has Everything To Do With Being Igbo. If The Priest Is Oyibo, Wont They Happily Accept Him? Maybe God Will Build Another Kingdom For Mbaise People In Heaven.

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by NORSIYK(m): 7:24pm On Feb 19, 2018
MXrap:
Imolites are cursed people. So Arinze now appoints bisops and no longer pope? Cursed people. Let us see who will laugh last.

You cursed soul, so by your thinking Pope appointed those anambra indigenous priests to be bishop in their local dioceses, and appionted non indigenous priest to Ahiara diocese.
Do you even know how bishops are being appointed, if you know you would curse okpalaeke for being greddy and selfish
Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by NORSIYK(m): 7:26pm On Feb 19, 2018
mexix:

Rejected because the natives rather prefers their son?
Smh....
Congrats to you guys...remarkable fit i guess...
Rejected because he was imposed on the people by his uncle cardinal arinze

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How God's Decision To Elevate Man Above Angels Caused The War In Heaven / Redeemed Church Pastor In A N9mn Fraud Mess (Photos) / Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Donates Medical Equipments To Hospitals

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51