Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,379 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:25 AM

In Nigeria, If Men Had Makeup On, The Society Would Call Them Insane Or Gay- Eri - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / In Nigeria, If Men Had Makeup On, The Society Would Call Them Insane Or Gay- Eri (693 Views)

Two Women Attempt To Break 'Society Standards' By Refusing To Shave (photos) / Beautiful Makeup On Bride / Woman Pictured Applying Makeup On Her Hospital Bed Shortly After Giving Birth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

In Nigeria, If Men Had Makeup On, The Society Would Call Them Insane Or Gay- Eri by Kosofepost(m): 6:29am On Feb 20, 2018

HOME
NEWS
INTERVIEWS
POLITICS
BUSINESS
ENTERTAINMENT
LIFE STYLE
EDUCATION
HEALTH
SECURITY

Home Interviews
INTERVIEWS
IN NIGERIA, IF MEN HAD MAKEUP ON, THE SOCIETY WOULD CALL THEM INSANE OR GAY- ERITAYO AGBOOLA
written by Kosofe Post
February 20, 2018

In an online chat with Eritayo Agboola’s the CEO/MD of the Empire Beauty Studio situated in Lagos. The single lady is a graduate of Communication and Language Arts, from the University of Ibadan disclosed to Kosofepost her humble journey, how she combined schooling and Makeup services, and perhaps the reason why men don’t put on makeups.

Makeup artistry work is it only meant for women’s who apply it?

It depends on personality. But for me makeup can be applied on both men and women. There are some jobs I go for and I makeup for the groom lightly if the bride agrees to it.

For every events women’s both old and young nailed their outlook with special makeups. That makes opposite sex to always look them over and over in admiration. Therefore, if makeup is for both sex, why are men not bothered embracing it ?

I think this is because of the society we found ourselves. Unlike foreigners who embrace it freely, in Nigeria, when a man makes up, other men and even women think he is insane or even gay. Come to think of it, men’s makeup is always very soft and cool unlike that of a woman.

You have been in the makeup industry for about 7 years. Can you share your experience with us?

Thank you. The journey has not been easy I must confess. I trained to become a makeup artist two years after finishing with my secondary school education. I didn’t get jobs at the beginning but I made up on myself everyday I go out and I can remember, I passed a job interview easily in 2012 because I could explain the kind of eyeshadow inspiration I had on my face. I remember vividly that I had smokey eyes on that day to the interview and the interviewer asked me to tel her about smokey eyes. That was the only question I was asked. I began to receive jobs each time I went out due to what I applied on my own face. I gained admission into the University of Ibadan in 2012. I combined business with schooling and I proceeded in that manner till I graduated this January. I also worked with a makeup store during the course of my education and working there made me improve with my makeup skills. Currently, I am saving up to run my own makeup studio and I pray God helps me to realise that because it has been my dream. Thank you

Is there a body coordinating the affairs of the makeup artist industry in Nigeria like other numerous associations we have?

I don’t think so. But I am aware of some that can be referred to as an association which are on Instagram

Does your brand organise makeup trainings and if yes when its your next training coming up?

Yes, I organised makeup training’s for individuals and corporate organisations who wish to empower their staffs(women)The plan for the next makeup training is ongoing and we are looking forward for it to take place in Lagos towards the end of March.

Are you single searching (SS), Already selected(AS), or About to the Altar (AA)?

Lol! Thank you. I am single and searching.

Whats your advice to the young females out there looking for an office job who hiss at handwork because of their certificates?

Thank you. I observed there are two different kinds of individuals. There is the one that have the potentials to own and run a business and another that would only survive in an office. So my advice to other young ladies is that they should follow their dreams and know the path to follow. And this can be achieved only through focus. It isn’t easy to become successful whether you are your own boss or you work for another boss. Just be prayerful and keep at it. Read more, attend seminars and stay humble

Share this:
WhatsAppFacebook1TwitterTelegramGoogleLinkedInPrint
EMPIRE BEAUTY STUDIOERITAYO AGBOOLAMA

https://kosofepost.com/2018/02/20/in-nigeria-if-men-had-makeup-on-the-society-would-call-them-insane-or-gay-eritayo-agboola/

https://kosofepost.com/2018/02/20/in-nigeria-if-men-had-makeup-on-the-society-would-call-them-insane-or-gay-eritayo-agboola/

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Re: In Nigeria, If Men Had Makeup On, The Society Would Call Them Insane Or Gay- Eri by TaiKuun(m): 6:41am On Feb 20, 2018
why woulld a normal man want to wear a makeup.

Abeg no be wetin dey do u dey do me jere.

1 Like

Re: In Nigeria, If Men Had Makeup On, The Society Would Call Them Insane Or Gay- Eri by Kosofepost(m): 7:08am On Feb 20, 2018
TaiKuun:
why woulld a normal man want to wear a makeup.

Abeg no be wetin dey do u dey do me jere.

Haaaaaaaa" you wont kill us with laughter"

(1) (Reply)

Branded Kidswear Menswear Ladieswear @ Rock Bottom Price / Bags / Start Up? How To Get A Shop For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.