Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide(acn) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide(acn) (404 Views)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide(acn) by concentrated: 7:32am On Feb 20, 2018
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

Tuesday, February 20

TEXT: Lamentations 3: 19-27

19. Remember my affliction and roaming, The wormwood and the gall.
20. My soul still remembers And sinks within me.
21. This I recall to my mind, Therefore I have hope.
22. Through the Lord ’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. 23. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness.
24.“The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “Therefore I hope in Him!”
25. The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, To the soul who seeks Him.
26. It is good that one should hope and wait quietly For the salvation of the Lord .
27. It is good for a man to bear The yoke in his youth.
Lamentations 3:19‭-‬27 NKJV

TOPIC: NEW EVERY MORNING!

The state of mind of the people of Judah under captivity was described with terms such as “affliction”, “gall”, “bitterness”, “my soul is downcast” in verses 19 and 20. However verse 21 expresses a ray of hope. This is significant, because “hope does not disappoint” us (Rom. 5: 5). As we believe God and wait quietly for him, his character is formed in us, producing hope that enables us to remain stable even in the face of difficult challenges (vs.24 – 26; Rom. 5:1-5).
As we develop personal confidence in God, we can understand the profound truths about His character which are evident in verses 22 and 23 as follows:
He has great love and mercy toward us, and this is why we are not destroyed (vs.22; 1 John 3: 1);
his compassions, tender-heartedness and expression of affection never fail (v.22);
they are new every morning (v.23);
God’s faithfulness is great (v.23).
As each new day comes with new situations, new challenges and demands on our resources and environment, let us reaffirm our faith in Him always.

Prayer: Let us turn this song into a solemn prayer
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases
His mercies never come to an end
They are new every morning, new every morning
Great is Thy faithfulness O Lord
Great is thy faithfulness

(1) (Reply)

Gospel Artist MT Elijah Preaching To Christian / Do Muslims Celebrate White Weddings Too? Isn't It For Christians? / Destiny: Is It Preplanned Or We Write Our Story Ourselves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.