Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,694 members, 7,823,948 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Yahoo Boys Formats In Nigeria - See How They Make Money - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Yahoo Boys Formats In Nigeria - See How They Make Money (7112 Views)

Nigerians See Where They Make Campari Drink Some Of Us Love To Drink (video) / Arrested Fake Lagos Task Force Officials Confess, Said They Make 70k Daily(pics) / Yahoo Boys With Exotic Car And House Arrested By EFCC In Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yahoo Boys Formats In Nigeria - See How They Make Money by Davegates: 3:30pm On Feb 20, 2018
Have you ever heard about yahoo boys? Yahoo boys are named so after one of the hugest Internet companies on the planet – Yahoo!, because many scammers often use its free e-mail accounts to commit their crimes. Instead of getting a legal job. Many young people in Nigeria dream of becoming a yahoo boy.
Keep on reading the article to get to know how to identify a yahoo boy and also know their various formats.

WHO ARE YAHOO BOYS?

According to Nigerian law, yahoo boys are people who carry out 419 fraud on the internet. This number refers to the article of the Nigerian Criminal Code, which directly deals with fraud. It is also a kind of a swindle in which the lawyer usually proposes plenty of money for a smaller up-front deal.

Internet fraud became widely accessible simultaneously in Nigeria and Ghana in early 2000. This act has quickly become a real trend amongst young people. Yahoo boys have become surprisingly respected people.

Therefore, Internet fraud has rapidly allowed many young Nigerians to buy expensive cars, houses, jewelry, etc. Now it has become the only means of livelihood for thousands of youth.

Experts in Internet security also call all those people who commit various shady deals with the help of Internet, Yahoo Boys. Nevertheless, for many years 419 schemes have been effectively duping many foreigners.

According to police statistics, thousands of undergraduates in universities of our country dabble in the Web fraud. A rich yahoo boy is an example or role-model for some youths because of the kind of lifestyle they live. Thus, many of such con artists have already actually become productive.

WHAT ARE VARIOUS FORMATS OF YAHOO BOYS?

Being afraid of unemployment, many young Nigerians consider Internet fraud as an exit from unemployment in such a country like Nigeria. Yahoo-boys have in mind only rapid monetary rewards.

These are few facts about Yahoo boys:

1) Yahoo boys have a computer and a stable Internet connection.

2) Their most used trick “Web freestyle” is what almost all yahoo boys started with. 99% of yahoo boys started their careers from this fraud.

3) A yahoo boy learns how to send fake messages on social networks. It is a little risk field of a yahoo boy specialization, which generates money.

4) Yahoo boys have no morals. They usually stop at nothing to deceive people and pocket their money.

5) Yahoo boys professionally master another deception technique, which is called phishing. This method allows acquiring any person`s private data (passwords, usernames, and credit card data).

N/B: This post is in no way encouraging yahoo-yahoo.

6) Many yahoo boys in Nigeria have been using a so-called apartment trick for years to defraud plenty of foreigners. The trick is also very simple but lucrative one. A yahoo boy pretends to be a realtor. She or he places advertisements of luxurious apartments for lease on the Web. They upload many photos of high-class apartments obtainable for rent. As a result, their victims make payments to a particular account. Then “realtors” suddenly disappear.

7) Yahoo boys master the ATM fraud technique. Con artists usually walk around ATM spots. Their clients are various vulnerable users – aged people, pregnant women, illiterate people, etc. When a yahoo boy finds his victim, he usually changes credit cards to deceive people. – The general public should be careful about this.

cool Yahoo boys usually work on weekends, because banks are closed. Thus, until Monday morning victims will be unable to stop any illegal transactions performed by yahoo boys. So when you see that guy always with his PC, be weary of him, But don't Generalize and call anyone you see with a laptop a yahoo boy because Nowadays Most young people in Nigeria have embraced making legitimate money online..

See more of their formats Here ==>> https://www.theinfo247.com/2018/02/yahoo-boys-formats-in-nigeria-how-they-make-money.html

Re: Yahoo Boys Formats In Nigeria - See How They Make Money by LarryBeryl(m): 3:37pm On Feb 20, 2018
[/quote] changes credit cards to deceive people. – The general public should be careful about this.

cool Yahoo boys usually work on weekends, because banks are closed. Thus, until Monday morning victims will be unable to stop any illegal transactions performed by yahoo boys. So when you see that guy always with his PC, be weary of him, But don't Generalize and call anyone you see with a laptop a yahoo boy because Nowadays Most young people in Nigeria have embraced making legitimate money online.. [/quote]

I'm young and Legit. I own a PC which I carry about and a very stable internet connection and I'm not a yahoo boy.

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Boys Formats In Nigeria - See How They Make Money by Davegates: 3:47pm On Feb 20, 2018
LarryBeryl:
I'm young and Legit. I own a PC which I carry about and a very stable internet connection and I'm not a yahoo boy.

Yes that's why we added that line when writing the article so that the Generalization in Nigeria that any young person that is always with laptop is a Yahoo boy will stop.

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Boys Formats In Nigeria - See How They Make Money by HoodBillionaire: 8:51pm On Feb 20, 2018
who will teach me work
Re: Yahoo Boys Formats In Nigeria - See How They Make Money by meezynetwork(m): 6:17am On Feb 21, 2018
Nothing new here
Re: Yahoo Boys Formats In Nigeria - See How They Make Money by kehindesis(m): 2:59pm On Nov 09, 2023
Go

(1) (Reply)

Police Storm Kidnappers’ Den In Bauchi, Rescue 16 Victims / White Girl Stabs Her Millionaire Nigerian Boyfriend To Death In Miami / Below Is The List Of Nigerians Names Wit Date On Death Row In China.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.