Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,331 members, 7,819,136 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Michigan Mother, 45, 'killed Her Husband, Two Adult Children: Jehovahs Witnesses - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Michigan Mother, 45, 'killed Her Husband, Two Adult Children: Jehovahs Witnesses (699 Views)

Jehovahs Witnesses : The Abuse Behind The Name / Jehovahs Witnesses that believe they are the only True Christians.Please come in / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Michigan Mother, 45, 'killed Her Husband, Two Adult Children: Jehovahs Witnesses by mikeolu1: 9:22pm On Feb 20, 2018
Police say Lauren Stuart, 45, shot and killed her husband Daniel, 47, and their children Steven, 27, and Bethany, 24, before turning the gun on herself
The bodies of the four family members were found inside their Keego Harbor, Michigan home Friday morning
Friends said the Stuarts had been shunned by the Jehovah's Witnesses after leaving the Christian sect five years ago
The Stuarts reportedly wanted to sent their children to college, which is banned by the group

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5404467/Woman-killed-husband-2-adult-kids-killing-herself.html#ixzz57gL0T8oK
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2018/02/20/ex-jehovahs-witness-kills-family-then-herself-possibly-due-to-church-shunning/

https://heavy.com/news/2018/02/lauren-stuart-keego-harbor-michigan-photos/

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/local/detroit/friends-jehovahs-witnesses-shunning-drove-detroit-area-mom-to-murder-suicide/520792551
Re: Michigan Mother, 45, 'killed Her Husband, Two Adult Children: Jehovahs Witnesses by fifty5(m): 10:00pm On Feb 20, 2018
Over to segun adisa and kola olawuyi's protegee ah ah ah have forgotten that guys name indeed there is mystery under the world aaaaaaaah nkan be.

1 Like

Re: Michigan Mother, 45, 'killed Her Husband, Two Adult Children: Jehovahs Witnesses by mikeolu1: 10:15pm On Feb 20, 2018
fifty5:
Over to segun adisa and kola olawuyi's protegee ah ah ah have forgotten that guys name indeed there is mystery under the world aaaaaaaah nkan be.

This (suicide) is a fairly common common events among Jehovah's witnesses.
Most people don't know that one will be shunned by ones father and mother and family (they will not have anything to do with you), if you are a Jehovah's witness and you change your mind about being a Jehovah's witness. They called it "Disfellowshipping"
Most witnesses are kept quiet because of this terrifying possibility

1 Like

Re: Michigan Mother, 45, 'killed Her Husband, Two Adult Children: Jehovahs Witnesses by fifty5(m): 10:35pm On Feb 20, 2018
[quote author=mikeolu1 post=65238351]

This (suicide) is a fairly common common events among Jehovah's witnesses.
Most people don't know that one will be shunned by ones father and mother and family (they will not have anything to do with you), if you are a Jehovah's witness and you change your mind about being a Jehovah's witness. They called it "Disfellowshipping"
Most witnesses are kept quiet because of this terrifying possibility[/quote did that has to do with their religious tenets which is too radical in nature
Re: Michigan Mother, 45, 'killed Her Husband, Two Adult Children: Jehovahs Witnesses by kokozain(m): 11:15pm On Feb 20, 2018
This is ridiculous. Because jw people I know down here are good to be with
Re: Michigan Mother, 45, 'killed Her Husband, Two Adult Children: Jehovahs Witnesses by mikeolu1: 11:53pm On Feb 20, 2018
kokozain:
This is ridiculous. Because jw people I know down here are good to be with
No doubt, many Jehovah's witnesses are very good people.
That is the side you see. What you don't see is the undercurrent process with which the leadership use to keep rank and file in tow.
For example I remember when i first heard the news that many clergymen abused young children, it took me years to believe. The internet has brought to the surface the ugly part of many religious organization. The Jehovah's witnesses are no exception.

The lesson is, if you want to join them, do not fail to ask the hard questions from whoever shows up at your door. Or you may be joining a cult without knowing it.
Re: Michigan Mother, 45, 'killed Her Husband, Two Adult Children: Jehovahs Witnesses by kokozain(m): 8:29am On Feb 21, 2018
mikeolu1:

No doubt, many Jehovah's witnesses are very good people.
That is the side you see. What you don't see is the undercurrent process with which the leadership use to keep rank and file in tow.
For example I remember when i first heard the news that many clergymen abused young children, it took me years to believe. The internet has brought to the surface the ugly part of many religious organization. The Jehovah's witnesses are no exception.

The lesson is, if you want to join them, do not fail to ask the hard questions from whoever shows up at your door. Or you may be joining a cult without knowing it.
Thanks for this information because its an eye opener

1 Like

Re: Michigan Mother, 45, 'killed Her Husband, Two Adult Children: Jehovahs Witnesses by mikeolu1: 4:54pm On Feb 22, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Stop Wasting Your Time Talking Trash About Jehovah's Witnesses. / Let's Share The Word Of God... / Four Different Churches Facing Each Other spotted in Nigerstate(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.