Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,310 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

Please Help.. Upwork Application Keeps Being Rejected - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please Help.. Upwork Application Keeps Being Rejected (732 Views)

How To Avoid Your Article Being Rejected On Opera News Hub (top Three Reasons Fo / 8 Reasons Why Your Facebook Ads Are Being Rejected & How To Avoid Them. / 4 Reasons The Rich Keeps Getting Richer - How You Can Join Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help.. Upwork Application Keeps Being Rejected by Aperion7(m): 9:34pm On Feb 20, 2018
Hello everyone and gurus in the house.. I've joined upwork for over a month now.. when i first applied my application was rejected.. so i decided to take some time to Polish my skill and create some works for my portfolio..

i tried editing my account to look like that of some professionals on the platform.. i even took some tests and added extra skills yet I'm being told my application is rejected..

my niche is graphics design.. please help

cc: Victor101... stlarry001 .. onelovetayz etc

Re: Please Help.. Upwork Application Keeps Being Rejected by Acidosis(m): 9:45pm On Feb 20, 2018
Aperion7:
Hello everyone and gurus in the house.. I've joined upwork for over a month now.. when i first applied my application was rejected.. so i decided to take some time to Polish my skill and create some works for my portfolio..

i tried editing my account to look like that of some professionals on the platform.. i even took some tests and added extra skills yet I'm being told my application is rejected..

If Upwork won't accept you, at least Nairaland will/has...?

Advertise your skill here. You will get paid. You don't have to deep your neck into stiff upwork competition before you make good cash.
Re: Please Help.. Upwork Application Keeps Being Rejected by Venzal: 9:50pm On Feb 20, 2018
The graphics niche is one of the saturated niches on Upwork.

Don't go creating an account on it directly, it will be rejected without fail -- like you are already experiencing.

Choose a non-saturated category, craft a believable profile in that category and submit. If you profile gets accepted, go back and finetune your profile to reflect your original category.

1 Like

Re: Please Help.. Upwork Application Keeps Being Rejected by Aperion7(m): 9:56pm On Feb 20, 2018
Acidosis:

If Upwork won't accept you, at least Nairaland will/has...?

Advertise your skill here. You will get paid. You don't have to deep your neck into stiff upwork competition before you make good cash.

thanks a lot boss.. but I'm currently not based in Nigeria... so it might be harder for me to receive money over here because of charges.. thanks a lot boss
Re: Please Help.. Upwork Application Keeps Being Rejected by Aperion7(m): 9:56pm On Feb 20, 2018
Venzal:

Don't go creating an account on it directly, it will be rejected without fail -- like you are already experiencing.

Choose a non-saturated category, craft a believable profile in that category and submit. If you profile gets accepted, go back and finetune your profile to reflect your original category.

thanks a lot sir.. i really appreciate .. i will do just that sir
Re: Please Help.. Upwork Application Keeps Being Rejected by Aperion7(m): 10:10pm On Feb 20, 2018
Venzal:

sir... i just tried doing that and realized I've already done 2 tests pertaining to my niche.. if i choose not to display the results on my profile, will it still affect me when changing niches?
Re: Please Help.. Upwork Application Keeps Being Rejected by DerrickM(m): 11:01am On Nov 23, 2018
Thanks,bro. I need to ask what about this requirement of the email being a webmail instead of regular email. I seem to be seeing that on most blogs.

Venzal:

Re: Please Help.. Upwork Application Keeps Being Rejected by DerrickM(m): 7:21pm On Feb 07, 2019
It's to fool them with a foreign name,location,address get approved and switch back to Nigeria with your original name then do video verification. Have your passport or means of ID and 6month bank statement ready.

Use a free VPN Hola or Whoer for whatever location you use outside Nigeria for approval and then use Naija IP after switching back. Another thing choose a niche not so saturated like mobile app development or video editing etc. No work experience,school etc must be there or certificate.

YouTuber who does video editing tutorials and updates on Upwork Approval process. @ItsJackCole on Instagram.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucqNjVLdhTY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOtshJGggGg

Aperion7:

cc: Victor101... stlarry001 .. onelovetayz etc

(1) (Reply)

Jeff Bezos (CEO, Amazon) Is In Deep Water: See What Donald Trump Tweet About Him / work work work / Large Format Printer For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.